• ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Obama?s legacy on guns should be to ban them

"I urge President Obama to ban firearm possession in America. He is the president of the United States. He can change the country. He can do it today. I believe in him."

"Firearm possession should be banned in America; President Obama can orchestrate this directive. His presidency can be remembered as a remarkable turn in United States history where a progressive leader forever changed the landscape under which we live and work. This is his legacy. To establish gun control laws in America that will reduce high levels of male violence and usher in a culture of peace and civility.

Barack Obama is the president of the United States. He can change the country. He can do it today. I believe in him.

Barbara LeSavoy is director of Women and Gender Studies at The College at Brockport."

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ignorance knows no bounds.

If he so much as tried to "ban firearm possession in America" his presidency would in fact be remembered as remarkable, more so than the disaster it is today.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    She needs to go across campus and take at least a 101 level government/civics class. Then maybe she might understand how wrong she is.

Wait, who am I kidding?

Its amazing how someone so book smart can be so damned stupid it hurts. (at least I assume she is smart since she has multiple degrees and is a college professor)

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This is what we are up against folks. This mentality would enslave us given the opportunity. (for our own good of course and in the interest of fairness)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm betting that her education didn't include a good explanation of what the Constitution defines as the president's role.

I'll bet whatever education she had had phrases like "separation of church and state" and "living document" prominently discussed though.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Obama?s legacy on guns should be to ban them

"I urge President Obama to ban firearm possession in America. He is the president of the United States. He can change the country. He can do it today. I believe in him."

"Firearm possession should be banned in America; President Obama can orchestrate this directive. His presidency can be remembered as a remarkable turn in United States history where a progressive leader forever changed the landscape under which we live and work. This is his legacy. To establish gun control laws in America that will reduce high levels of male violence and usher in a culture of peace and civility.

Barack Obama is the president of the United States. He can change the country. He can do it today. I believe in him.

Barbara LeSavoy is director of Women and Gender Studies at The College at Brockport."

Hey, Barbara:

[video=youtube;0MRmxfLuNto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRmxfLuNto[/video]

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    She needs to go across campus and take at least a 101 level government/civics class. Then maybe she might understand how wrong she is.

Wait, who am I kidding?

Its amazing how someone so book smart can be so damned stupid it hurts. (at least I assume she is smart since she has multiple degrees and is a college professor)

Have you had many experiences with "Gender Studies" academics? When I was at (State Land Grant University not far away), the faculty advisor of the Rifle and Pistol Club (God rest) was in the English department, and he shared an office down in the basement level with one of these ladies. She had signs, buttons, stickers, etc. posted around her workspace with sayings like "Proud to be an Old Hag," stuff about Uteruses, male agression, Patriarchy, phrases where "women" was spelled "womyn," etc. Her colleagues would often be in there having deep discussions with her. (Yeah).

Long story short, from listening to these people talking to each other and my limited interactions with them, some of them are nice enough and mean well, but in my opinion, this is not a field of academic endeavor on a level with Physics or Economics or even Philosophy or Psychology. It's an academic "club" of sorts. It might merit consideration as a specialty within sociology or philosophy or something along these lines...but a whole department and field unto itself, with tenured seats and all that? Okey dokey.

So, when you see professor of Gender Studies...you might wish to place an "asterisk" next to that title in your mind. It's something...on a different level. I didn't mean that to sound as prickish and condescending as it came out, but there's an element of truth here that I simply must convey. If that makes me a male pig...oink, and pass the Lindor truffles.

Top Bottom