Thinking about applying for C&R license.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'm about a year and a half into my first C&R license, and so far it has been very painless. It paid for itself the first time I bought a gun with it, since my local shop charges $40 for a transfer. It also makes everything easier not having to coordinate with them to send their license and then take time off work to go pick it up.

As others have said, some dealers won't sell to you and I've missed out on a few deals on gunbroker because of that kind of thing. I've found it best to ask up front and only do business with those who will accept it. I've always managed to find what I'm looking for eventually.

No, the surplus market isn't what it once was...there are no more $30 Mosins or $100 Enfield's out there. But there are still guns going for reasonable prices that are fun to collect and shoot. If you're into that sort of thing I'd say it's worth doing. The only real requirement is that you keep your book up to date, which I would do anyway. I have yet to be inspected.

ben142266

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2023
    Aurora
    Got mine in December, have been able to bid on items out of state with it when they normally only wanted state residents bidding or FFL holders, definitely worth too if you have high transfer fees around you.

Top Bottom