Thinking about applying for C&R license.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I'd like to hear from license holders about the Pro's and Con's. As a Milsurp collector, I would be mainly using it for collecting but also need to sell off individual firearms that no longer appeal to me.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    All good - get a C&R. I recall some vendors will even give you a FFL discount even though you are not in business. There is some minor record keeping that goes with it. But I have never heard of any C&R FFL being routinely inspected.

One problem is that some sellers do not recognize it (FFL03) and will ignore the fact you have one. I suspect these sellers have some childhood trauma that is warping their thinking. I tell these sellers that my bid will be $35 lower because that is what the unnecessary additional transfer will cost.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I had a C+R license , I had a BATF agent come to my house and inspect house and wanted to see how they were going to be SECURED . So you will get a inspection from BATF. Asked some questions , was there about a hour and left.Mailed answer about approval letter.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    If you've been thinking about it, you've already spent more time than it takes to apply. If you use it for ONE transfer in 3 years, it's paid for itself. No cons that I can think of.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I had a C+R license , I had a BATF agent come to my house and inspect house and wanted to see how they were going to be SECURED . So you will get a inspection from BATF. Asked some questions , was there about a hour and left.Mailed answer about approval letter.
    Was this a part of the application process for you? Or did this happen after approval?

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I got my lifetime, because some states are not constitutional carry, but recognize Indiana/s LTCH.....
    To bring you up to speed a C&R FFL curio & relic ffl , not a carry license.

Allows a holder to buy C&R listed items with out going a 4473. But this does not allow the holder to be a business selling , for that you need your FFL03 or is it 07?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had a CRFFL from the late 90's til about 2006.
    Was never inspected, it was a trouble free experience, and the ONLY downside was the cool stuff being imported really dried up. :(
    Got a lot of great firearms during the time I had it though.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    To bring you up to speed a C&R FFL curio & relic ffl , not a carry license.

Allows a holder to buy C&R listed items with out going a 4473. But this does not allow the holder to be a business selling , for that you need your FFL03 or is it 07?
    oh...huh.... oops.... sorry. carry on....

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Pros:
    Its cheap, can get you a few discounts, and obviously home shipping of what is left in the retail market.

Cons:
    There is not much left in the retail C&R market. Buying from Type 01s is hit or miss. I have had terrible experiences with FFLs. You gotta give info to BATFE and COULD be inspected. I've heard a few stories and none sounded like a big deal. They just wanna see your book. I understand you don't have to let them in your house, you can meet at the office or some other location?

I have a good relationship with an FFL so I probably wouldn't get one today. 03s are not eligible for types of shipping as anon 01 (like Priority for handguns) so you might spend more than you save.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I got my lifetime, because some states are not constitutional carry, but recognize Indiana/s LTCH.....
    Got my ham radio license back in 2010 bc I wanted to transmit on ham radio bands. What's nice is it's recognized in all 50 states and even some other countries.

Here in Indiana it also affords the opportunity to listen to a police scanner outside my home and in my vehicles which would be otherwise illegal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Willphill12
    Top Bottom