• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For $800 you can pick up a Ruger PC Carbine and a red dot. Load up on some 31 round ETS Glock mags at $20 each. Gun will run fine.

If I had to keep only one and the choice was between a conventional carbine in .223 or a PPC, I would choose the PCC. Just more opportunity to shoot the gun. If the zombies come to eat my brains I will deal with that later.
    Vert, do you mean something like this:
    1637085738335.png

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So far a complete 9 mm rifle is around $800 without an optic. If I buy an upper and adapter and add to my existing lower I'm at $580, still no optic. Add a buffer + spring and I'm around $640. So for $160 more I have a dedicated rifle.

The 15-22 is $415 with an optic. I like that the Tippmann is metal, but at $500 w/o an optic, I'm not sure if it's necessary.

I will keep getting input from you folks and continue to think about this. 9 mm would mean more reloading for me and I only load on a single stage so I may not be able to keep up, lol.

.22 would remove that from the equation and I have plenty of .22 ammo.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    Thanks all so far for the input. I'm looking at everything now; complete rifles, uppers to go on my lower and uppers and lowers.

I can buy the FM upper 3 gun and complete lower(minus stock) for $754. If I buy the upper only and the recommended Sylvan conversion block for my lower it would cost me $390.

So I'd have to decide if it's worth the extra to have a dedicated rifle. Also, I have been reading that the 9 mm blow back system can be hard on AR lower's, especially the FCG. Is this accurate? I really don't want to tear up a .223 putting rounds downrange with the 9 mm setup.

The Ruger looks like it would be a good rifle, but my original intent was to train with something that was as close to my AR as possible. I was looking at this endeavor as a way to shoot my AR without the cost of .223 ammunition.
    They make 9mm specific beefed up FCG's because if this.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    When you get into the PCC’s other than the old ones like marlins camp 9 rugers offering and the storm. To me it you mate a marlin with a smith 5906 a ruger with a Glock or a security 9 and the storm with a storm handgun you get the same mags. Like shooting a 357 marlin and a smith 686.

The newer pistol braced ones I have shot so far
    Extar 9. Worked well cost was cheap mags were cheap. It kicked like a 223 AR pistol. The guy said 2k rounds fired no issues. Felt a bit well weird firing but I could put rounds dow rage well.

CMMG banshee. More cost up front than the extar and his was a neat color. It kicked back less than the EXTar more than the next one sig MPX. It was I think the smallest (shortest) one I have shot. Never had them all together. I was able to hit well with it fast.

The SIg MPX was great. Trigger was upgraded he said to a timney. He said mags were expensive and he paid more for it than he should have during the plandemic. I had trouble with his red dot but he took it off and the sights worked well. I liked the folding brace.

Then the MP5. This one must have been rifle length 16 barrel. I liked everything about it but I don’t really think it was better than the ones above. I just get the feeling of hey this the the best one. Plus I got to use my pimp hand on it. I wonder if it was Sig length what it would have felt like.

Everybody has to find the one for them. I think the HK has that appeal or fanfare of movies. The sig I shot the best. The banshee looked great and was more like an AR. The extar I was wondering if it would hold up over time.

Today I think if I had to buy one I would get the sig and spend the cash up front. O shot it the best the trigger seemed better than all the others. I liked the brace better. (I have a 229 and a 226 and am looking for a good shooter 210 so I am sig biased also)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Since the light bulb went off in my head that I'll have to do a lot more reloading, I am really starting to lean towards the .22 option. I pretty much load all winter to be able to shoot throughout the year. I don't want to be loading during the warmer months as I have a lot of other things going on that I don't have in the cold months.

So that 15-22 is moving up the list.

• Haha
    Reactions: KLB

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Go with CMMG if you have the cash but I love my PSA ARV uses scorpion mag instead of glock.
    I'm sure the CMMG is good but I don't want to spend that much for a plinker. Or really any single firearm. Plus according the website, CMMG is not taking orders for rifles right now.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'm sure the CMMG is good but I don't want to spend that much for a plinker. Or really any single firearm. Plus according the website, CMMG is not taking orders for rifles right now.

For what it's worth, I've seen the CMMG's dropping in price as the market gets saturated. $1000 - 1200 is happening on Gunbroker. That's for the Series 200 Banshees.

Top Bottom