• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    OK, since everyone seems to be more comfortable with 'minor annoyances', here's one. I belong to a few "Free" Facebook groups where you can post if you need something or post if you have something to give. I love it when people post "I am in desperate need of newborn girl clothes and crib sheets. No boy stuff!" or "I am in desperate need of a flat screen TV 60" or bigger." If you are that desperate, you should not be so picky.

A coworker bought a car for his in-laws.
    They complained it was "used".

A free car, in good condition.
    :xmad:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A coworker bought a car for his in-laws.
    They complained it was "used".

A free car, in good condition.
    :xmad:

A co worker of mine sold a used truck to another coworker. Purchaser was down on his luck so seller told him he had a truck that would need tires and a brake job, he could have it for $500. Buyer *****ed about having to put tires and wheel cylinders on it even after he had sold it a year later for $5k!

Yeah, people mostly suck!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    After snapdragon set me straight, I understand it wasn't because of "worried about being sued".

But it reminded me of this.
    [video=youtube;l5oLb8U22Tg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5oLb8U22Tg[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    OK, since everyone seems to be more comfortable with 'minor annoyances', here's one. I belong to a few "Free" Facebook groups where you can post if you need something or post if you have something to give. I love it when people post "I am in desperate need of newborn girl clothes and crib sheets. No boy stuff!" or "I am in desperate need of a flat screen TV 60" or bigger." If you are that desperate, you should not be so picky.

It doesn't "get my blood boiling" but more like pity but yeah, the Mitchell and Paoli FB pages have a bunch of these sorts of posts. One of the saddest are the ones looking for churches that hand out money to help with bills or Christmas or give out this or that... Folks, if you want churches to help out others in need, you really should consider joining one and contributing so they'll have the resources to give that help when it's needed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It doesn't "get my blood boiling" but more like pity but yeah, the Mitchell and Paoli FB pages have a bunch of these sorts of posts. One of the saddest are the ones looking for churches that hand out money to help with bills or Christmas or give out this or that... Folks, if you want churches to help out others in need, you really should consider joining one and contributing so they'll have the resources to give that help when it's needed.

:yesway:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

Nah its all about me me me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

+10

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Asking for help or virtual panhandling has become common on the Nextdoor app. Several requests for people to buy Christmas presents for their kids.
    Best one I saw was a woman asking for someone to buy and deliver 2 packs of cigarettes, even specifying the brand, menthol and extra long size.
    C'mon lady, you telling me you wouldn't smoke any cig someone will deliver to your door?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Every year, Lucy takes away the football right when Charlie Brown is just about to kick it. Maybe this year he'll get to kick the ball.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

This past summer, a skinny stray cat gave birth to five kittens right outside our front door. Long story short, we took them all in and cared for them until the kittens were old enough (12 Weeks) and got them all spayed and neutered. When it was time, we advertised on Facebook and on Craigslist. Since I spent the money to get them fixed, we declined several offers for people to take them for barn cats, and we held out for good, inside homes. It felt really good to see them all go to homes with kids who were thrilled to get a new kitten. Most offered to pay, but we gave them all away. Three different people not only insisted they needed one for free, but they also needed me to bring it to them; one was almost 2 hours away. I politely declined those.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This past summer, a skinny stray cat gave birth to five kittens right outside our front door. Long story short, we took them all in and cared for them until the kittens were old enough (12 Weeks) and got them all spayed and neutered. When it was time, we advertised on Facebook and on Craigslist. Since I spent the money to get them fixed, we declined several offers for people to take them for barn cats, and we held out for good, inside homes. It felt really good to see them all go to homes with kids who were thrilled to get a new kitten. Most offered to pay, but we gave them all away. Three different people not only insisted they needed one for free, but they also needed me to bring it to them; one was almost 2 hours away. I politely declined those.

That you were polite in declining shows I was right as to who you are. :thumbsup:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Thanksgiving dinner and the one family in our extended group, 4 people, that eat 3 huge helpings of food then load no less than 8 containers of food to go home. Like a dessert of cake or pie? Take the whole thing to the car and come back for more. Not like they are less than 350 lbs each and starving.

I know it doesn't matter, we are not hurting either but it is very impolite.

Don

Top Bottom