• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    During the Christmas break I got myself a Christmas present: a Kahr PM40.

It is now my BUG and will be useful for those times when you just want a gun in your pocket, like for taking the dogs for a walk. For the first time I find myself carrying two guns when I leave the house for an extended time.

Could this be the perfect pocket gun? Time will tell. I haven't actually fired it yet. I expect it will pack a punch in both directions. Film at eleven.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    During the Christmas break I got myself a Christmas present: a Kahr PM40.

It is now my BUG and will be useful for those times when you just want a gun in your pocket, like for taking the dogs for a walk. For the first time I find myself carrying two guns when I leave the house for an extended time.

Could this be the perfect pocket gun? Time will tell. I haven't actually fired it yet. I expect it will pack a punch in both directions. Film at eleven.

Ok ok. I'm still trying to decide between that and a Walther PPS in .40. Have you shot it yet? Any issues? How much did you pay and where'd you get it, if you don't mind my asking? I've fondled a PPS, but haven't yet seen the PM up close.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ok ok. I'm still trying to decide between that and a Walther PPS in .40. Have you shot it yet? Any issues? How much did you pay and where'd you get it, if you don't mind my asking? I've fondled a PPS, but haven't yet seen the PM up close.

I got mine at Plainfield Shooting Supply, usually known as Bob's.

I can't remember the price, exactly, but I got the one with night sights and I'm thinking it was a little under $700. (I don't remember prices on purpose. I don't want to think about it.)

Haven't shot it yet. Hope to soon. I'm not funny about my stuff. If you want to take mine to Popgun's or somewhere and give it a go, let me know.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have the PM9. Great little gun. Shoots well and is built like a tank. Racking the slide takes some effort.

I used to use it as a pocket gun, but it has mostly been replaced by my LCP for those duties.

Congrats!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I got mine at Plainfield Shooting Supply, usually known as Bob's.

I can't remember the price, exactly, but I got the one with night sights and I'm thinking it was a little under $700. (I don't remember prices on purpose. I don't want to think about it.)

Haven't shot it yet. Hope to soon. I'm not funny about my stuff. If you want to take mine to Popgun's or somewhere and give it a go, let me know.

Thanks for the offer! Very generous of you, I don't get up to Indy much but I may take you up on it. I look forward to the range report when you get the chance :shoot:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Congrats!

I do like the form factor of the Kahr's and the decent reports from the users... I just don't think that I could ever give my money to the Moonies. It goes against my moral fabric, but it is a free country.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just don't think that I could ever give my money to the Moonies. It goes against my moral fabric, but it is a free country.
    I was completely unaware of that connection until I read your post. That probably would have made a difference. I do like the gun, but I like it a little less right now.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I traded another Kahr (K9) for one of these, and I like it. Like you, I haven't got to shoot it yet, so hopefully it proves reliable. I honestly don't think it will kick too bad, I think .40s kick is overstated online. I have fired full house .357 out of a 2" small frame, and THAT is recoil. Once it is tested thoroughly, it should make a dandy pocket and belt gun.

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Ow. Don't think I want a .40 that size. Looks like it'd hurt.

My stepson has one and it has more felt recoil than my PM45, but neither is what I'd call "painful."

I'd heard about the "Moonie" ties before I bought mine. I really have no idea about what they stand for/against, and I don't care. It's a fine pistol.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I was completely unaware of that connection until I read your post. That probably would have made a difference. I do like the gun, but I like it a little less right now.

Sorry rmcrob... The intent of my post was not to make you like your firearm less. I saw simply stating the reason that I have never been able to pull the trigger on puchasing what is an otherwise fine weapon.

I sincerely hope that you have many happy and safe years with your new firearm.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I'd heard about the "Moonie" ties before I bought mine. I really have no idea about what they stand for/against, and I don't care. It's a fine pistol.

As a devout Christian... I have to care.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sorry rmcrob... The intent of my post was not to make you like your firearm less. I saw simply stating the reason that I have never been able to pull the trigger on puchasing what is an otherwise fine weapon.

I sincerely hope that you have many happy and safe years with your new firearm.

No need to apologize. I appreciate the information. I immediately went to Wikipedia to verify what you said.

I also am a devout follower of Jesus, and this will definitely be the last Kahr I buy. If the guy who owned the company was a Moonie, that would be one thing. But it seems like the company is actually held by the "church" and the CEO is Moon's son. That's unacceptable to me. I regret that the profit made by the gun I bought might partially go to the "church".

But I already bought this gun and throwing it away won't help, so I will use it and enjoy it.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I traded another Kahr (K9) for one of these, and I like it. Like you, I haven't got to shoot it yet, so hopefully it proves reliable. I honestly don't think it will kick too bad, I think .40s kick is overstated online. I have fired full house .357 out of a 2" small frame, and THAT is recoil. Once it is tested thoroughly, it should make a dandy pocket and belt gun.
    I use a Glock 27 all the time and I have a .357 Sig barrel for it, too. While the recoil is substantial, it isn't unmanageable. That's pretty much what I expect for this PM40.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    No need to apologize. I appreciate the information. I immediately went to Wikipedia to verify what you said.

I also am a devout follower of Jesus, and this will definitely be the last Kahr I buy. If the guy who owned the company was a Moonie, that would be one thing. But it seems like the company is actually held by the "church" and the CEO is Moon's son. That's unacceptable to me. I regret that the profit made by the gun I bought might partially go to the "church".

But I already bought this gun and throwing it away won't help, so I will use it and enjoy it.

If you want to sell it I may be in the market, then your profiting something you don't believe in would be negated since I wouldn't then be buying one new as well :D (while I do not share them, I am in no way belittling your beliefs)

Top Bottom