They tried to break in to the shop last night.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Cut the power, came through roof and ceiling of the business next door...They then tried to kick their way through the firewall separating our shops....They never got in to mine...I figure they ran out of dark or got scared....

Police left a couple of hours ago...processed the scene and Duke just got me up an running...MammyNun's down here helping me with a few things now...

I'm livid....

1622313656717.png 1622313682733.png 1622313667933.png 1622313696119.png

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It will be someone that has passed through your threshold or they have been informed by that person.

I hate a thief. No words I can use here to describe my true feelings towards these parasites.
    I've been wracking my brain brother....this year has been different...I used to know all of my customers...not anymore....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There have been alerts through the jewelry store networks via DMP, one of the alarm manufacturers I work with. here is what they are recommending because what you saw is exactly what they are doing to them. cutting power and phone is the first step to disable the alarm system. (except the alarm panels have a battery so it still works. And the cellular backup will still phone home even if they cut the phone lines.

Setup central station alarm alerts for power outages, set to dispatch PD for an outage. Most agencies dont mind, and if they are rolling to your location will see the neighborhood is dark and do a simple drive by while they are there. No hits/fines for a false alarm because they realized what was up and didnt expend any serious manpower on the run. They are understanding this is a new-ish tactic.

And if you dont have a centrally monitored alarm, PM me. I know a company. What they did will not stop a properly installed alarm from calling home.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Not saying criminals are smart, but why didn’t they just come through the ceiling of your shop? Glad all is OK. Seems like the flight from demo places is affecting many places. Getting some dirt from a friend putting in a pool a few weeks ago about 8 am in the middle of nowhere near DeMotte and I ran into a meth bust! Got to talk to and give one of the officers a good compliment when they were leaving. 5C60A439-14C6-44A6-AAC4-4DDA4C8ED7E0.jpeg

Top Bottom