• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!! PERSONAL LIBERTIES!!!!

I'm wearing skorts from now on, and CM says my calves look amazing. (CM, if you have to ban me I understand and we're still friends.)

Your avatar, Don't Inconvenience Me. Shirt, shoes, mask. Next they'll want us to wear pants.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!! PERSONAL LIBERTIES!!!!

I'm wearing skorts from now on, and CM says my calves look amazing. (CM, if you have to ban me I understand and we're still friends.)

Just say no to skorts, and jams, and wearing three different camo patterns at once unless you are also wearing a bandolier. Bring back the squirrel BBI!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Last night my dog alerted me to a stranger outside. It was around 0230 so I grab my trusty Shield 45 and my 2000 lumens flashlight head outside instantly my dog charges toward the what i know now would be gas thief. She ran him down the drive and up the road a ways before i called her back. The siphoning hose was in my car with a 2 gallon gas can sitting beside it. (Local gas price is $1.79 a gallon I probably would have given him some if he had ask me.)
    I called the local sheriff department they dispatched a State Trooper who was unable to find the suspect but took the hose and gas can with him. I could have given chase but why? He was off property and no longer a threat. I have no business chasing after him as he left my property with no damage to person or property.

That's a lot of work for $4.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ugh. Yes, please... give us the "but ackshually" of this one.

Tomi Lahren said:
    Any incident that ends in a death is tragic and I hope both families get the justice they deserve but to keep up with this “he was just out jogging” narrative is just as disingenuous as the bogus “hands up, don’t shoot” lie the media pushed for years. Enough. #AhmaudArbery

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/1259548159187062785

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Some people wonder why he was taking a personal tour of a construction site during his jog. There is video of him , family attorney agrees it’s him, but point out he did nothing illegal during his site inspection.

i know some of you have reading comprehension problems so let me add, I am not saying this gave anyone license to shoot him.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I can't bring back the squirrel until Phase 7. INGO is only at Phase Purple right now.

Is that like THREATCON BRAVO/MOPP 2/Terrorist Threat Level Biege, or THREATCON DELTA/MOPP 4/Terrorist Threat Level Mocha? Oh, and DEFCON (CODE-WORD HERE since I don't have the security clearance to know what it really means)?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Last night my dog alerted me to a stranger outside. It was around 0230 so I grab my trusty Shield 45 and my 2000 lumens flashlight head outside instantly my dog charges toward the what i know now would be gas thief. She ran him down the drive and up the road a ways before i called her back. The siphoning hose was in my car with a 2 gallon gas can sitting beside it. (Local gas price is $1.79 a gallon I probably would have given him some if he had ask me.)
    I called the local sheriff department they dispatched a State Trooper who was unable to find the suspect but took the hose and gas can with him. I could have given chase but why? He was off property and no longer a threat. I have no business chasing after him as he left my property with no damage to person or property.

Lol, now for 3.58 he lost his hose and gas can which is going to cost him a lot more than that to replace.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Some people wonder why he was taking a personal tour of a construction site during his jog. There is video of him , family attorney agrees it’s him, but point out he did nothing illegal during his site inspection.

i know some of you have reading comprehension problems so let me add, I am not saying this gave anyone license to shoot him.

I live in a neighborhood that is still building and it's not uncommon for people on walks to stop and look at the new construction. When it's still open and being worked on (open walls etc) people are curious as to the layout etc., once anything important is done inside the door locks go on anyway.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I live in a neighborhood that is still building and it's not uncommon for people on walks to stop and look at the new construction. When it's still open and being worked on (open walls etc) people are curious as to the layout etc., once anything important is done inside the door locks go on anyway.
    Yes, I didnt realize that trespassing was almost acceptable in such situations before I got in my career field. It also creates two big problems, the trespassers injure themselves and sue everyone and claim that since everyone does it, they aren't really trespassing. Second, thieves steal building supplies, tools, equipment, etc.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So back on the topic, one thing to keep in mind is facts discovered after the shooting are completely irrelevant to the court case. The legality is based solely on what they knew at that time. If he stole or not is grist for the court of public opinion only.

Note this cuts both ways. If I point a sharpie colored squirt gun at you, that's not illegal. If you shoot me for it thinking it's a real gun, the fact it's later discovered to be a squirt gun doesn't change the legality of your shooting. Similarly if you shoot me for jay-walking in skorts and it's later discovered I'm wearing a suicide vest and was on my way to the local orphanage/nunnery that doesn't retroactively make your shooting legal.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    They probably didn't run it by their legal team, but I have literally been told by a builder's rep to go check out a house under construction back when we were shopping floor plans.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    . I have a very simple metric for getting involved in any confrontation off duty: Is this worth getting into a shooting over? If I'm not willing to risk another shooting and all that it comes with, I'm better off being a witness or leaving. Active shooter in the orphanage playground? Worth getting into a shooting over. Sumdood trespassing/maybe stealing in a construction site? Not worth getting into a shooting over. I'm not willing to shoot or be shot over it. I'm not willing to go through grand jury over it. I'm not willing to be sued by survivors over it.

As is often the case,. BBI nails it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just learned from some lawyer for the victim (on Dr. Phil) that a 12 gauge slug is the same diameter as a half dollar. And it expands to the size of a bar of soap. Oh and that it is what is used when an elephant escapes a zoo. :n00b:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I just learned from some lawyer for the victim (on Dr. Phil) that a 12 gauge slug is the same diameter as a half dollar. And it expands to the size of a bar of soap. Oh and that it is what is used when an elephant escapes a zoo. :n00b:

So what? It's just a transparent scare tactic. The type of ammunition used has no bearing on this. Shouldn't have been a confrontation. No confrontation, no shooting. See BBI's perfect summary.

Top Bottom