Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I really hate to do it as much as I love the show, but...

Two (2) headshots, with a pistol, with a suppressor, in rapid succession, in the dark. THEN, a single shot to the fingers, that are moving, again with a pistol, again with a suppressor, again in the dark.

Without night vision...

Without even night sights...

REALLY...???:dunno::dunno::dunno:

It makes for a great dramatic scene but when Rick came out of the shadows as he was it was cool but totally unbelievable.

How many people do you know that could make those shots?

Regards,

Doug

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    He was shooting into an area of more light from an area of less light. At least that's how it looked. With that in mind I could make shots at that range under those conditions.

The fingers shot looked to me like more luck of the draw in shot placement.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    To All,

I really hate to do it as much as I love the show, but...

Two (2) headshots, with a pistol, with a suppressor, in rapid succession, in the dark. THEN, a single shot to the fingers, that are moving, again with a pistol, again with a suppressor, again in the dark.

Without night vision...

Without even night sights...

REALLY...???:dunno::dunno::dunno:

It makes for a great dramatic scene but when Rick came out of the shadows as he was it was cool but totally unbelievable.

How many people do you know that could make those shots?

Regards,

Doug

If you remember earlier Bob's girlfriend has a rifle with night vision scope. She was looking through it when she saw someone watching them. I think she also had a suppressor on that rifle and that's who I think made the two head shots. She had them dialed in with night vision and rifle.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I agree I don't think it was only Rick taking those shots but others with the rifles. Even if it was Rick I'm okay with believing that he could do it seeing as its a show about zombies and over the course of the show he has been tested time and time again. No better way to improve your skills than being field tested.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Disappointed that Glenn and Maggie both left- sort of surprised as Glenn saved Rick in the beginning. There still isn't a lot known about Abraham and Tweedledum.

What surprised me is that Maggie agreed to leave with that group despite the fact that Beth is still missing. It came across like Rick cares more about Beth than Maggie does. Did the writers forget that they're sisters?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    If I recall, Glen promised Abraham that he would go to Washington with them after he found Maggie. I'm assuming Maggie knows about that promise.

I'm surprised though that most of the group appears to be buying Eugene's story. He seems like such an obvious schmuck with his "it's classified" and "you wouldn't understand, the cure dies with me". Even if he were just a nerd, he would at least write down what he knows in case they theoretically find what or who he is supposed to be seeking. It's not like the enemies (zombies) are gonna use it.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What surprised me is that Maggie agreed to leave with that group despite the fact that Beth is still missing. It came across like Rick cares more about Beth than Maggie does. Did the writers forget that they're sisters?

I totally agree- that's a lot of faith in Rick and the gang to save Beth. They seem to be focusing more on Daryl and Carol so maybe Maggie and Glenn are assuming she is already toast.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    The wife and I were talking about this last night. Has Daryl ever really told everybody else what happened with Beth? I don't remember anything about that story ever being spoke about with the group.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The wife and I were talking about this last night. Has Daryl ever really told everybody else what happened with Beth? I don't remember anything about that story ever being spoke about with the group.

I don't think so. Darryl is the one focused on finding her. No-one else from the group has even really mentioned her name beyond the fact that she's missing. Darryl was only back with the group for a day before going back out after that car.

ADDICTED2TONE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Floyds Knobs
    He hasn't yet unless Carol knows and it's not been talked about in the storyline yet.
    That cannibalism kinda turned my stomach.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

The only time Daryl has talked about Beth (from the viewer standpoint) he does not explain what happened to her, only that...
    "I was with Beth, then she was just gone....."

Not very descriptive..... maybe try.....
    "I was with Beth in this church/funeral home thing where somebody was taking care of the dead bodies and some walkers attacked and we were separated, when I went outside I saw here pack and a car speeding away with a cross on the back window...."

Might be important information..... :dunno:

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I wonder if the two groups are going to get mixed in together again by the end of the season even. D.C. seems a pretty far way to go based on the map and all the unknown that is out there. Ricks group at least hasn't traveled to far yet and look at all the obstacles they have. I think Abraham is being a bit naive thinking he'll just load up a bus and make it there and that Rick and his group will be able to make it there separately and find them. But I wonder if Abraham's group will encounter something which connects them with either Beth or another group that also encounters Rick group and they end up ending the season with them coming back together and all bailing the area together.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I don't think so. Darryl is the one focused on finding her. No-one else from the group has even really mentioned her name beyond the fact that she's missing. Darryl was only back with the group for a day before going back out after that car.

In the opening episode, you hear a conversation in the rail car between Daryl and Maggie. Daryl says something about her being gone and Maggie says "so she's alive" and Daryl says something like "yeah". I can't remember every detail but it was clearly Daryl clarifying that Beth was taken.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    ....so, what was Carol doing out there with a car running before Daryl got there and before the creepy funeral home cross on the back window car flew by?

...think she was leaving? Daryl asked what she was doing and she said I don't know. That was the same car she earlier said they needed as an emergency escape route.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    ....so, what was Carol doing out there with a car running before Daryl got there and before the creepy funeral home cross on the back window car flew by?

...think she was leaving? Daryl asked what she was doing and she said I don't know. That was the same car she earlier said they needed as an emergency escape route.

She was bugging out I think, she can't handle being with the group anymore.

ADDICTED2TONE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Floyds Knobs
    She was bugging out I think, she can't handle being with the group anymore.
    I agree, I think she's seen too much death after losing her daughter and killin that kid lizzie last season.
    I think in situations like this you change and lose pieces of your humanity every time you go thru something traumatic. It's like a ptsd and a 1k yard stare kinda thing. You eventually see too much and it eats your soul.
    This is where Carol and Tyrese both are.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I think you're right. I think she wanted Tyrese to shoot her when she said do what you have to do. She's just not comfortable around people especially after "look at the flowers".

I agree, I think she's seen too much death after losing her daughter and killin that kid lizzie last season.
    I think in situations like this you change and lose pieces of your humanity every time you go thru something traumatic. It's like a ptsd and a 1k yard stare kinda thing. You eventually see too much and it eats your soul.
    This is where Carol and Tyrese both are.

Agreed. It seems that some can come back from the brink, but not Carol. I have a feeling she is either dead already or will be soon. She's played her part and played it well, but the road is at an end for her character.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    Loved last night's episode!! This season is on track, fast paced, action packed, and fantastic!! Loved when Rick shot Garrett's finger off, I was super happy to see Rick and crew had setup an ambush. As to the last part, I think Beth. Morgan would be cool but I have a few issues with that idea. Firstly Darryl, Carol, Beth, etc never met Morgan so they wouldn't know each other if they crossed paths. Secondly I think Morgan was following signs to somewhere but I doubt it was the church, not just yet. I was surprised that Abraham and crew left when they did but I'd say Rick and crew will catch up to them soon. Loving this season!
    Garett said they left signs to lead them back to Terminus, I believe those are the signs Morgan is following and I think he will be caught up to the group before they leave the church. I think next episode will be all about Beth and the place she is at, Daryll and Carol do a rescue mission the ends with Carol sacrificing herself so they can escape. I don't think Carol is the type to hide in the bushes while Daryll make sure it's safe; whereas Beth WOULD hide and wait.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom