• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    i don't care it its a repost, it needs posting as much as possible. some people (me) don't go into the 2a forum often and wouldn't have seen this otherwise

this is what a 7-rd mag capacity gives you.

This does show why we need more gun control though. Notice the blinking?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Great vid! However, this doesn't seem like the best way to represent gun owners. I understand they're going for the intensity of the moment, but the guy looks a little silly dry firing after he goes empty.

Wouldn't a well trained gun owner have a spare clip, especially if the gun only holds 7 rounds. I understand he has to lose to make the point they were going for, but he could have got hit while reloading. He could have at least went for another mag after he ran out.

Magazine man.....it is a spare magazine.....

Not clip

CMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    B-town

Not clip

That's halarious! I write two paragraphs trying to add to the meaningful discussion we're having, and then you tack that on? Way to positively add to the thread.:rolleyes:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Great vid! However, this doesn't seem like the best way to represent gun owners. I understand they're going for the intensity of the moment, but the guy looks a little silly dry firing after he goes empty.

Wouldn't a well trained gun owner have a spare clip, especially if the gun only holds 7 rounds. I understand he has to lose to make the point they were going for, but he could have got hit while reloading. He could have at least went for another mag after he ran out.

Firing when your life is on the line (and your families) is a bit different than firing on a range. I'm thinking quite a few people are not going to count their shots.

And most gun owners probably buy their gun, and store it. They don't think about it till it's needed. So fast reloads are out.

That's one of the problems I try to explain to people about the magazine limits. The defender follows the limit, and has a magazine in the weapon, maybe 1 or 2 more mags. The attacker chooses the battle. If he has smaller mags, he brings more.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Are you that guy who talks all through a movie at the theater, pointing out all the mistakes and "fake looking" stuff? Everybody's a director, huh?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Are you that guy who talks all through a movie at the theater, pointing out all the mistakes and "fake looking" stuff? Everybody's a director, huh?

he's also the guy who doesn't know a magazine from a clip... so he's also NOT knowledgeable about the subject at hand, but also somehow he's a critic as well

So, yeah, he's definitely one of "those" guys

This was an excellent video, and the spirit in which it was made must be commended

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    All things considered, a handgun is a backup weapon.

If it's in my home, and not something I'm lugging around in public every day, I'm going to opt for a primary.

00 buck, 308, or 5.56... In that order. I'd prefer something that structurally disables someone. If lethal force is involved, it's already the worst case.

That said, being limited to 10 rounds in a handgun for self defense, or even less? Uh yea, I'd have to say the law is no longer relevant to me at that point, better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

CMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    B-town
    And most gun owners probably buy their gun, and store it. They don't think about it till it's needed. So fast reloads are out.

That's exactly what I was saying. In a video that is suppose to support and show gun owners in a good light is it really best to portray that kind of gun owner? The kind of gun owner who doesn't train and doesn't mentally prepare for situations like the one in the video?

To BigBoxaJunk and Mettle- I apologize for saying clip instead of magazine. Aparently that makes me a know nothing gun moron, but whatever, I wrote the wrong thing. However, I agree with you, it's a good premise for a video. I simply think it shows the wrong side of the gun owner's community, as stated above.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Watch the behind the scenes video. The father blinked because he had never fired a handgun before, even with blanks in it like this one. That is why he closed his eyes and flinched. This was no accident which occurred during the making of this video. The man defending his family was not some tactical Tommy. He was supposed to be an average Joe type. Criticizing the production because of the things the actors did wrong or differently than you or I might have completely misses the point and does nothing to spread the urgent message conveyed.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    That's exactly what I was saying. In a video that is suppose to support and show gun owners in a good light is it really best to portray that kind of gun owner? The kind of gun owner who doesn't train and doesn't mentally prepare for situations like the one in the video?

To BigBoxaJunk and Mettle- I apologize for saying clip instead of magazine. Aparently that makes me a know nothing gun moron, but whatever, I wrote the wrong thing. However, I agree with you, it's a good premise for a video. I simply think it shows the wrong side of the gun owner's community, as stated above.
    I think you are wrong on this. The guy did everything the government wants him to do, and that is why one or more members of his family are possibly dead, and I believe that is the point of the video. I understand you would feel better with a James Yeager type of person in the video, who does nothing but train, and pays enough attention to how many rounds were shot when his family's life is in danger. But that is not the normal American family man IMO.

I think it is an awesome video, and I shared it on Facebook as soon as I saw it. By the way, spend a day at the range and tell me how many people you see pull the trigger when the gun is empty. I see it every single trip to the range.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I hope the takeaway here is that there is some people out there who agree with us on the 2nd and are doing things to help the cause. How nice would it be that on some cop show on TV, like CSI or NCIS or whatever,they would create this same scenario and show those less educated on the issue how things might really go down in the world. Big thumbs upto MB Studio:yesway:

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    For all the criticism, I believe this is exactly what most families would do...dad would follow the law , mom would call for help, and the kids would freeze up...
    I can't tell you how many ignats I've talked to that never fired their guns...ever. I've had a couple situations where the gun I picked up at a gun show did not work at all...and my first hand gun,a.22 failed completely. Nobody told me that oil in a revolver cylinder could ruin rimfire primers. (don't let your 22 sit loaded in a drawer...oil migrates to the primer)
    How can we get people to train with their guns, we can't even get them to watch a video like this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Great video. Not knowing what the point of this video was supposed to be--as he was unloading into that first guy, I was thinking...'what's that second guy doing? That's a lot of rounds gone.' Then that hunk of wood (or whatever it was) comes flying through the window and then it dawned on me...I don't think he's got very many rounds left....

Like you said, OP--Home run.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

Not clip

Who in the hell but you cares if a person calls a magazine a clip? You either have OCD or are trying to impress someone with your "knowledge". Everyone here that own firearms know what was meant.

I still call a mag a clip occasionally as I was taught gun safety and handling by my BIL some 60 years ago - he always called a mag a clip - As he was a Sergeant in WW2 with years of REAL gun experience - 1 Silver Star - 2 Bronze Stars, a Purple Heart and a 30 caliber bullet next to his heart obtained at Normandy (carried to his grave). I think he was an expert.

It really irritates me when people try to contribute their views and information and are "corrected" about issues not related to the subject.
    I really wish you and the others would quit nitpicking language and terminology and contribute something worthwhile to the forum!

Top Bottom