• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    It is great video using the left's tactic of stirring emotion, but with the added benefit of being factual. I did not see it in the other forum, so thanks for sharing.

CMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    B-town
    Great vid! However, this doesn't seem like the best way to represent gun owners. I understand they're going for the intensity of the moment, but the guy looks a little silly dry firing after he goes empty.

Wouldn't a well trained gun owner have a spare clip, especially if the gun only holds 7 rounds. I understand he has to lose to make the point they were going for, but he could have got hit while reloading. He could have at least went for another mag after he ran out.

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Well produced but I wish and alternative ending was also included - the one where the guy pulls his AR out of the cabinet, does not run out of ammo, and blows both the SOB's away. Or if that alternative is a little to politically obvious, how about a 12 ga?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Great vid! However, this doesn't seem like the best way to represent gun owners. I understand they're going for the intensity of the moment, but the guy looks a little silly dry firing after he goes empty.

Wouldn't a well trained gun owner have a spare clip, especially if the gun only holds 7 rounds. I understand he has to lose to make the point they were going for, but he could have got hit while reloading. He could have at least went for another mag after he ran out.

I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that the dad in this video represents a very high percentage of gun owners in this country.

Not every gun owner gets training. I know a few who are just happy having a gun as it makes them feel safe. I think they assume pointing it at the bad guy will sufficiently end the threat.

In fact, one of those guys I know told me last week he was picking up a 380 bodyguard for home defense because it wouldn't leave such big holes in the intruder so it wouldn't create too much of a mess. I lol'd then realized he was being serious. "Hey man, I just got new carpet." He reasoned a shot gun would spray blood all over his walls, carpet and valuables. :n00b:

Spend 5 minutes on payday at Gander Mountain or the like and listen to the buyers.

I can already hear the anti-gunners saying that he should've got more aim and he wouldn't have run out of bullets :rolleyes:

Great video OP. Thanks for posting it. I had not seen it yet. Rep inbound.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    If you go to you tube and typein MB Studio Productions you will find other videos including one where the discuss the making of the video and why they done it the way they did . I agree with a poster above in that we tend to look thru the eyes of all of us, ie:experienced shooters. I'd bet the vast majority of gun owners would be just like that guy and if none of us have had to go thru that then we are just talking hypothetically, we don't know how we'd react. BTW this studio is produing some TV shows trying to get the word out. They deserve our support.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Great video!
    Unfortunately I can see the anti-gunners just dismissing this as an event that would never happen. They want to view the world as a perfect place when it suits their needs.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I shared it on facebook. I think the dad represents more of the gun owning population than most. To be honest, I bet most don't even have a handgun in a safe like he did, but the point was made very clearly. He's not a commando, or a high speed INGO member with spare mags in his hands and a bowie knife in his teeth. He's a normal guy, defending his family and he ran out of ammo after 7 rounds.

I'm thankful that I live in a state where I have to push all the loaded 33rd mags in the drawer off the top of my safe before I can even open it up to grab a gun wtih 15 in it and two spare mags beside it. :)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    So, just for learning purposes, what did the family do "right" in the video and what was done "wrong" or not done?

I count 1 thing done right and about 10 things done wrongly during the incident, or not done prior.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So, just for learning purposes, what did the family do "right" in the video and what was done "wrong" or not done?

I count 1 thing done right and about 10 things done wrongly during the incident, or not done prior.

My first thoughts was that the father should have yelled to his family to call 911 on their way to a bedroom that had another gun(s) in it. Some kind of cover would have been a help to the guy. If he'd have had a spare mag and a little flashlight in the safe with his pistol he'd have had everything that he needed right there.

With something like this there's plenty of armchair quarterbacks, but ultimately what the guy did was run out of ammo. We can speculate on what would have happened if he'd have done a mag change after bad guy #1 went down for good, but running out of ammo was te failure point.

Top Bottom