• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I’ve had a love for revolvers my whole life. Especially single action revolvers. Have been blessed to have a variety pass thru my hands. Up to now the nicest I’ve shot were made by Freedom Arms. Several years ago a gentleman by the name of Ryan Ross who is a custom gunsmith and I became friends. We both enjoy good 1911’s and revolver!! As he is a gunsmith our conversations have included revolvers or rifles he was building for customers. His niche at the moment are Ruger Redhawks and Magnum Research BFR’s…. Both of which he is doing some amazing things with. But some time ago he had a donor Ruger Vaquero in his shop and I was treated to see pics and videos as he built this very fine revolver!! Today that revolver was delivered to me and I can say without a doubt it is the FINEST revolver whether double or single action I have ever owned or fondled. A true work of art and it’s a blessing to own such a fine handgun!!!
    A list of what he did…..

A large frame Bisley Vaquero in stainless steel with a 5.5 full erh style barrel. 5 shot oversized, line bored, recessed case head cylinder. Premium barrel stock that has been octagoned to a heavy, straight contour.

Action is blocked, endshake corrected, properly timed, internals smoothed and re worked. BC gap is .002. Wolff springs for light trigger pull and decreased lock time. Free spin pawl affords a smooth multidirectional silent spin on of the cylinder.

Hamilton Bowen .257 locking base pin. Dovetail front sight machined in my shop with a gold blade.

Winchester style set screw adds security. Checked ejector rod head and slotted hammer and trigger pin.

Test fired and regulated with 45 Colt 360 grain Ruger only loads per Hodgdon data. Very low round count on this virtually new revolver. American walnut grips custom fit to this are nicely figured and oil finished.

Also known as Eastern Black Walnut.

Attachments

• IMG_3961.jpeg
      IMG_3961.jpeg
      405.8 KB · Views: 60
    • IMG_3962.jpeg
      IMG_3962.jpeg
      449.1 KB · Views: 59
    • IMG_3963.jpeg
      IMG_3963.jpeg
      489.8 KB · Views: 56
    • IMG_3964.jpeg
      IMG_3964.jpeg
      493 KB · Views: 53
    • IMG_3965.jpeg
      IMG_3965.jpeg
      351.3 KB · Views: 53
    • IMG_3966.jpeg
      IMG_3966.jpeg
      539.1 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_3967.jpeg
      IMG_3967.jpeg
      457.2 KB · Views: 52
    • IMG_3968.jpeg
      IMG_3968.jpeg
      232.5 KB · Views: 53
    • IMG_3969.jpeg
      IMG_3969.jpeg
      357.2 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_3970.jpeg
      IMG_3970.jpeg
      474.8 KB · Views: 59

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Fantastic craftsmanship on a beautiful revolver! I admire the SA revolvers but unfortunately I only one now, a 3 digit .30 Carbine Blackhawk. I traded a really nice Ruger Blackhawk 45/45acp revolver last summer. It was a nice gun.
    The only thing I’d want different on yours is a round barrel, just like the aesthetics a bit more. Again, a beautiful hand gun.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Thank you!!! Yeah it has a crown…. Just not one of those done with a melon baller :)) Yeah I like to launch some of those big bore trash cans every once in awhile. Not to much in the lower 48 that wouldn’t slow down lol

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Howard Co IN
    She’s a beauty!! Love the barrel!
    I’ve got 3 handed down to me from my father, I love them, yet don’t know much about SA loads. Bought new in the 90s, never shot. (Excuse the single six, and uberti in .44mag)

Attachments

• IMG_7585.jpeg
      IMG_7585.jpeg
      740.5 KB · Views: 5
    Top Bottom