• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    A new job in armed security had me at the range to qualify for my new boss, a 22 year retired Army SF medic.

I had never shot a Glock 21 (17, 19, and my EDC a 27 yes). He called it his redneck drill and it effectively eliminated my recoil anticipation.

I would hand him my weapon over my right shoulder and he would hand it back with either no cartridge loaded or with a live round in the chamber.

With 6 reps my trigger discipline improved remarkably. Needless to say I was, and still am, amazed at the simplicity of the drill and the results!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    It's much cooler when a Green Beret is involved!

Yup! The military background and decorum are one thing but his job related knowledge base and certifications related to security, CPI, FEMA, DHS, and HIPAA is more than a tad bit awe inspiring.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    This. Ball and dummy drill. Have your partner replace a round or more with these in your magazine. You also get the practice of clearing a misfire.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ing&field-keywords=A-Zoom+Precision+Snap+Caps

I've tried the A-Zooms and find that they are expensive and wear out (the rims chip and break). I'm having better luck with these (so far)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KZ357G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Top Bottom