aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I was sold a MK25 Legion….
    Now whether that’s what I have or not….
    I would bet someone else's money it is one or the other though Sig seems to make versions of versions of the special versions and of the standard versions,

The Legion has differences in the frame. MK25 has the Boat Anchor, phosphated internals and a 1913 rail. I think...lol

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It has come to my attention, that yes.. once.. long ago. Sig did make decent good looking pistols..

They still make the P210 though I have a couple P230's that are gorgeous guns and very well made.

What the hell happened?
    Changing caliber and/or capacity expectations of the marketplace.

aka Glock.

:cool:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I had a P226 Legion SAO when they were first released and constantly regret having sold that gun. It was one of the most accurate pistols I've ever shot.
    I thought that until I started reading a certain CZ thread, and picked up my first CZ, a Tactical, and it is a one hole shooter like none other, for me.
    I can have them both at the range, same ammo, same target, switching back and forth and I can't get my SAO to perform as well as the Tactical. That goes for both the 226 and 229.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I would bet someone else's money it is one or the other though Sig seems to make versions of versions of the special versions and of the standard versions,

The Legion has differences in the frame. MK25 has the Boat Anchor, phosphated internals and a 1913 rail. I think...lol
    Re-visiting this; you are correct that it is not a MK25. What i was mis-remembering was that it was a "for sale to LE only" model according to a tag on the box.
    Not sure if this puts me on a list or makes me LE? I did buy it off of a former military turned politician that is not that one Todd guy you are thinking about.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm sure it has already been a topic in this forum, but has anyone gotten their hands on the 365x macro comp and if so what are your initial thoughts?

I think they're great. What exactly do you want to know? I have the comp and non-comp version and have fired them back to back and the range and while there isn't a huge difference, there is a difference. I think the comp version has a bit less recoil. If you ever plan to be up in the Indianapolis area, let me know and we can meet up at the range and you can try them out. You pay for your range time and ammo and you can see what you think of the guns.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'm sure it has already been a topic in this forum, but has anyone gotten their hands on the 365x macro comp and if so what are your initial thoughts?
    I've shot one. I am not a fan of the regular P365 because it's too small for my hands. I figured the comp was a marketing gimmick that wouldn't make a noticeable difference with 9mm, and that there would be undesirable flash and blast. I was wrong.

First, the grip on the macro actually filled my hand pretty well. I'm not sure how much the comp actually helped with muzzle flip and how much of the improvement was just from being able to establish a solid grip on the larger gun, but I found it to be very shootable...drastically moreso than the standard P365. I didn't notice any undesirable blast or flash from the comp, even shooting on a dimly-lit indoor range.

I still don't own one, and don't necessarily plan to because the P320s I already own are satisfying the role it would fill, but it's not a bad gun.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    I think they're great. What exactly do you want to know? I have the comp and non-comp version and have fired them back to back and the range and while there isn't a huge difference, there is a difference. I think the comp version has a bit less recoil. If you ever plan to be up in the Indianapolis area, let me know and we can meet up at the range and you can try them out. You pay for your range time and ammo and you can see what you think of the guns.
    I guess I should have rephrased my question and asked how it compares to a p365x which is what I carry as of now. If I'm ever in the area I would definitely be interested in taking you up on that. Thanks

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    I've shot one. I am not a fan of the regular P365 because it's too small for my hands. I figured the comp was a marketing gimmick that wouldn't make a noticeable difference with 9mm, and that there would be undesirable flash and blast. I was wrong.

First, the grip on the macro actually filled my hand pretty well. I'm not sure how much the comp actually helped with muzzle flip and how much of the improvement was just from being able to establish a solid grip on the larger gun, but I found it to be very shootable...drastically moreso than the standard P365. I didn't notice any undesirable blast or flash from the comp, even shooting on a dimly-lit indoor range.

I still don't own one, and don't necessarily plan to because the P320s I already own are satisfying the role it would fill, but it's not a bad gun.
    I carry a p365x which I'm very comfortable with even though my hands are on the larger side. I have a p320 with a medium grip module and for me I don't feel like I'm able to get the same amount of pressure on the p320 compared to my p365x. I guess I'm curious if the grip on the p365x macro is closer to the standard p365 grip or the p320 grip. Thanks

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I would think it would have a bit less recoil, since the grip is a similar size to a compact sized pistol like a G19 and the slide is a bit longer than the P365x, plus of course the comp.

I have 2 P365 X Macro's, one comp and one TacOps. Then I have a P365XL spectre comp. I have 2 WC XL grip modules and also a WC X Macro grip on order. When it comes in I'll be able to have all three guns in XL format, or in X Macro format, or a combo thereof.

Top Bottom