• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have been doing a lot of dry fire with a LaserLyte cartridge and am getting a much better feel for the gun. Those things are a great way to practice the draw stroke without expending ammo

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Copy and paste from a thread over at Sig Talk that I started, so I thought I'd mention it here as well.

[FONT=&amp]I just picked up a new P320 XFull with a mfr date of 10/14/20. I've confirmed it has the RMR/Holosun thread pattern. I wasn't planning on putting an optic on this gun, but thought I'd check to see how my Holosun HS407C V2 would fit on it. There's a gap left at the front, partially exposing the LCI, no recoil bosses, the Holosun screws are the wrong thread pitch and I would lose the rear iron sight. I researched around late last night but didn't find anything very encouraging or conclusive on filler/adapter plates. CHPWS has a listing, but I couldn't find a picture and it doesn't sound like there's a rear iron sight. Springer Precision has a plate that might work, but it looks tall and funky to me. I might consider putting an optic on this, but I want irons to cowitness (like 1/3 or 1/4 cowitness) and prefer the optic to not sit a mile high, otherwise I'll just carry on and not worry about it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Anyone else have some info or thoughts?

CHPWS
    https://chpws.com/product/sig-p320-...olosun-holes-filler-plate-for-rmr-sro-holosun

SPRINGER PRECISION
    https://shop.springerprecision.com/m17-x-compact-x5-legion-front-cowitness-optics-mount/

[/FONT]
    XHuyBnx.jpg

lYZBstU.jpg

9Sh0RaK.jpg

QecVaiu.jpg

FSbLlAN.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Copy and paste from a thread over at Sig Talk that I started, so I thought I'd mention it here as well.

[FONT=&amp]I just picked up a new P320 XFull with a mfr date of 10/14/20. I've confirmed it has the RMR/Holosun thread pattern. I wasn't planning on putting an optic on this gun, but thought I'd check to see how my Holosun HS407C V2 would fit on it. There's a gap left at the front, partially exposing the LCI, no recoil bosses, the Holosun screws are the wrong thread pitch and I would lose the rear iron sight. I researched around late last night but didn't find anything very encouraging or conclusive on filler/adapter plates. CHPWS has a listing, but I couldn't find a picture and it doesn't sound like there's a rear iron sight. Springer Precision has a plate that might work, but it looks tall and funky to me. I might consider putting an optic on this, but I want irons to cowitness (like 1/3 or 1/4 cowitness) and prefer the optic to not sit a mile high, otherwise I'll just carry on and not worry about it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Anyone else have some info or thoughts?

CHPWS
    https://chpws.com/product/sig-p320-...olosun-holes-filler-plate-for-rmr-sro-holosun

SPRINGER PRECISION
    https://shop.springerprecision.com/m17-x-compact-x5-legion-front-cowitness-optics-mount/

[/FONT]
    XHuyBnx.jpg

lYZBstU.jpg

9Sh0RaK.jpg

QecVaiu.jpg

FSbLlAN.jpg

I see what you mean by the Springer Precision being a bit chunky. It does look to have what you are looking for though. It would be nice to see them make a lower profile steel version instead of the thicker aluminum if possible

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You will love it!

I think that I already do.

It does make me wonder why when the often asked question of ‘What is a good gun for a new gun owner?’ Come up, why do you rarely hear Sig P229 offered as a suggestion. They are a bit more expensive but really are better suited for a new shooter than many striker fired handguns

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I see what you mean by the Springer Precision being a bit chunky. It does look to have what you are looking for though. It would be nice to see them make a lower profile steel version instead of the thicker aluminum if possible
    I found one that Bobro makes also. It looks nicer, IMO.
    https://www.bobroengineering.com/SIG-320-M17-RMR-MOUNT-WINTEGRATED-REAR-SIGHT_p_51.html

This will have to wait until a later time for me. But it is nice to see options out there.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

It does make me wonder why when the often asked question of ‘What is a good gun for a new gun owner?’ Come up, why do you rarely hear Sig P229 offered as a suggestion. They are a bit more expensive but really are better suited for a new shooter than many striker fired handguns
    My Sig P228 is one that I usually bring out for new shooters, just so they can try it. As its usually already on my hip and have a spare magazine, makes it easy for that. But, might just be me. Now, I'd love to get a P229 one day, but then I'll have to get holsters for it too.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I'm guessing the whole DA/SA thing. Used to be the thought that it would be good for new shooters as that whole first long pull vs SA for follow up shots but I'm guessing non consistent trigger figuring out decockers, etc is not the easiest thing for new shooters. I think the Sig P250 is a hammer fired DA only if one wanted to go that way, etc (hammer vs Striker). Though it really became the predecessor to the 320 and lost in favor of the 320.

I think the reason folks tout striker fired to new shooters is the simplicity with a standard operating procedure with not needing to remember which state the trigger is in, if one needs to decock before holstering, etc. Yes, one can also easily shoot themselves, but if one is breaking the rules, they can easily shoot themselves with a DA/SA or any other gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As much as I love the new Legion, that 9mm Elite was the real score for me. It is a factory rebuild that looks brand new in every way. Plus, it has many of the same features as the Legion does. And, the trigger is just as nice.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The "Sig"ness- vol 1.

I'm guessing the whole DA/SA thing. Used to be the thought that it would be good for new shooters as that whole first long pull vs SA for follow up shots but I'm guessing non consistent trigger figuring out decockers, etc is not the easiest thing for new shooters. I think the Sig P250 is a hammer fired DA only if one wanted to go that way, etc (hammer vs Striker). Though it really became the predecessor to the 320 and lost in favor of the 320.

I think the reason folks tout striker fired to new shooters is the simplicity with a standard operating procedure with not needing to remember which state the trigger is in, if one needs to decock before holstering, etc. Yes, one can also easily shoot themselves, but if one is breaking the rules, they can easily shoot themselves with a DA/SA or any other gun.

That makes sense but I think that the DA/SA would be safer overall for a new shooter that has any interest in gaining skill. Sure, if someone is looking for a nightstand gun that they’ll never take to the range, a striker fired gun is about as simple as it gets.

It still seems odd that you almost never hear the Sigs suggested.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you

I am not a very experienced handgunner, but I shoot my CZ P-09 with decocker better than my Dad's G17... and much better than my Glock 42 but that's hardly fair. I find the (ambi-)decocker on the CZ to be very easy to navigate. I liked it so much that I went with the Sig 250 from the classifieds (site supporting to bypass one-lining to get to 50). The double action pull on it is fantastic, at least for this novice handgunner. I'm looking forward to shooting it. Since I'm a lefty, I already sprung for the Wilson extended slide release. Releasing the slight is significantly more difficult on the right hand side than the LHS. Also going to be polishing my CZ soon to make the double action pull better. It's just awful compared to the P250, but I suppose that's par for the course.

Definitely agree with you that inexperienced shooters and shooters new to a given weapon should carefully practice with it to always operate it safely.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am not a very experienced handgunner, but I shoot my CZ P-09 with decocker better than my Dad's G17... and much better than my Glock 42 but that's hardly fair. I find the (ambi-)decocker on the CZ to be very easy to navigate. I liked it so much that I went with the Sig 250 from the classifieds (site supporting to bypass one-lining to get to 50). The double action pull on it is fantastic, at least for this novice handgunner. I'm looking forward to shooting it. Since I'm a lefty, I already sprung for the Wilson extended slide release. Releasing the slight is significantly more difficult on the right hand side than the LHS. Also going to be polishing my CZ soon to make the double action pull better. It's just awful compared to the P250, but I suppose that's par for the course.

Definitely agree with you that inexperienced shooters and shooters new to a given weapon should carefully practice with it to always operate it safely.

Seems like many love the 250. I only really go Striker fired and love it's follow on gun the 320.

Top Bottom