• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I honestly don't know if I am interested in one or not. From what I have read, my 239 is better for carrying if you want a single stack. But I would still like to fondle one to see. A lot of people seem to really like them.

Just buy a P6 and change mainspring. Be a better gun being German made. If it was made before 1989 then you need to put in a new barrel for reliable feeding of hollow points. Even if you had to do that you'd still be ahead money wise of a new P225-A1

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Passing along a rumor I read. Sig is dropping the P224. They will instead have a P229 compact. I don't know if they will be almost alike, like the P245 and P220 compact.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Passing along a rumor I read. Sig is dropping the P224. They will instead have a P229 compact. I don't know if they will be almost alike, like the P245 and P220 compact.

I am on top if it Sig wise and I had no idea, I confirmed this with the owner of ZX guns at the 1500, due to the massive amounts of issues they have had with the 224. ZX had a few 229C's and I got to handle one it appeared to have the P229 grip but with a rounded trigger guard and the slide was that of the 224. Also had a nice SRT trigger kit in it as well, but it was not enough of a scale down to warrant one over my 229 legion personally. The owner of ZX said that the 229C was basically designed to get rid of extra 224 parts and was a limited run.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Brought home the other W German P226 CPO. Only 8 digits between the serial numbers. This one has a PVD like grey frame finish with the black slide.

Here they are together

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So similar to the Legion finish. That is interesting. I wonder if Sig did it when they had it in or if Bruce Grey did it before at some point.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For anyone looking for a 226 Legion SAO in the Indy area, Point Blank in Carmel had a used one for $999 when I was in around noon today. There are some scratches on the slide, but the functioning is still perfect.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    So similar to the Legion finish. That is interesting. I wonder if Sig did it when they had it in or if Bruce Grey did it before at some point.
    Not sure. LGS got about 11 of these in about 2 months ago. They got them from one of their distributors. Distributor said they were police trade-ins that sig went through and did the normal CPO stuff to. I think only 2-3 were black/black. The rest were the grey frame with black slide. It's funny that 90% of folks on Sig Forum say that Sig doesn't re-finish frames. I beg to differ. They themselves may not, but these examples have definitely been re-finished. This black/grey example was the last one they had in the showcase. I knew these wouldn't be coming back around anytime soon so I jumped on it.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Not sure. LGS got about 11 of these in about 2 months ago. They got them from one of their distributors. Distributor said they were police trade-ins that sig went through and did the normal CPO stuff to. I think only 2-3 were black/black. The rest were the grey frame with black slide. It's funny that 90% of folks on Sig Forum say that Sig doesn't re-finish frames. I beg to differ. They themselves may not, but these examples have definitely been re-finished. This black/grey example was the last one they had in the showcase. I knew these wouldn't be coming back around anytime soon so I jumped on it.
    Very nice find!psyko

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was on the iPad before, now I am on my computer. With the wear under the take down lever, it was definitely not done as part of the CPO work.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Does Sig have a more affordable model than the Legion 226 that has the same grip size? I like how it's not as chunky as the regular 226, but don't care for the price.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wear under the take down lever? Must be the angle of the pic cause there's no wear in that area
    I looked again. The first picture has a shine or something underneath and it looks like wear. The second picture shows nothing at all. Weird...

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I looked again. The first picture has a shine or something underneath and it looks like wear. The second picture shows nothing at all. Weird...
    Probably oil smear. Here's a close up and another photo in attempt to capture the color contrast. The lighting earlier wasn't all that great

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For anyone looking for a 226 Legion SAO in the Indy area, Point Blank in Carmel had a used one for $999 when I was in around noon today. There are some scratches on the slide, but the functioning is still perfect.

The Greenwood location has a used one for sale as well, same price. Only difference is no scratches on the slide for this one.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Does Sig have a more affordable model than the Legion 226 that has the same grip size? I like how it's not as chunky as the regular 226, but don't care for the price.

Just get a regular p226 with the E2 grip it is actually slightly thinner than the Legion G10 grips. The standard sigs are only $200 or so cheaper than a legion I highly recommend just saving the little extra to get the Legion as they are damn near perfect imho.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Just get a regular p226 with the E2 grip it is actually slightly thinner than the Legion G10 grips. The standard sigs are only $200 or so cheaper than a legion I highly recommend just saving the little extra to get the Legion as they are damn near perfect imho.
    Ditto, the Legion SAO is just bad ass and worth every penny in my opinion!psyko

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    At $999, the Legion is definitely the way to go if you want a 226.
    Better sights, trigger, G10 grips, nice finish, super accurate, and buttery smooth right out of the box.
    Sig hit a home run with the Legion series

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    At $999, the Legion is definitely the way to go if you want a 226.
    Better sights, trigger, G10 grips, nice finish, super accurate, and buttery smooth right out of the box.
    Sig hit a home run with the Legion series

Keep in mind that was for a used one and will probably not last long, I generally see people keeping their legion series guns as my 229 is my primary EDC now that I have added the Surefire XC1 to it. The $999 price is actually cheaper than what Sig dealers can get them for direct from Sig too. So if someone wants it they should run to the shop that has or had it. Granted I am interested in how the PVD coating will hold up over long term EDC use personally as it is not what I consider a true PVD since my favorite is the Chromium Nitride PVD that runs around 85 on the rockwell scale and is just about impervious to wear as seen on my personal Mick Strider Custom SJ75 folder.
    B5ls81Dh.jpg

Granted if Sig used the Chromium Nitride coating the price probably would have had to gone up around $300 or so as well since it is very very expensive and labor intensive process.

Top Bottom