• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • triggerhappy00

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Merrillville
    I have been slowly moving over to Sig for a while now. Here's a picture of a couple of the recent ones. Still looking for a decent P6 And a P226 with a rail.
    fwJXGwc.jpg

Last edited:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    .357 is definitely for the handloaders. I did pick up some ammo to practice with until I get my reloading stuff set up, but long term plan is to handload. I'm bot sure about the P320, but can maybe get .357 sig with just a barrel if you have a 40 slide and mag?

Sig has some of the almost reasonable range ammo:
    .357 Sig is a great round but it can be pricey. Best thing to do is to have both barrels and plink with .40, then carry with .357 Sig. You'll still want to practice with. 357 Sig also but you can get the bulk of your practice done in .40
    Ehh, i feel like .40 is easier to find during tough times. Thats another reason i just went with .40. Is it just a barrel swap for .357sig? If it is ill probably pick one up down the line.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ehh, i feel like .40 is easier to find during tough times. Thats another reason i just went with .40. Is it just a barrel swap for .357sig? If it is ill probably pick one up down the line.

That’s how the fondness for .357 Sig begins. First, you pick up a barrel because it’s a simple way to add caliber resilience to the gun. Then, you pick up a box of .357 Sig to find out if that barrel actually works. Then, you find that you don’t want to put the .40 barrel back in and are on the hunt for more ammo and guns in .357 Sig.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    That’s how the fondness for .357 Sig begins. First, you pick up a barrel because it’s a simple way to add caliber resilience to the gun. Then, you pick up a box of .357 Sig to find out if that barrel actually works. Then, you find that you don’t want to put the .40 barrel back in and are on the hunt for more ammo and guns in .357 Sig.
    That’s how most of my rabbit holes go lol. Also your probably right. Either way if i pick up a 9mm slide ill be setup for all 3 in an axg grip, plus the holosun when it gets mounted. Should be easily my favorite gun again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Both my P229s and P226s were just barrel drop ins with no other changes needed. The P226 can take a 9mm barrel as well but that one needs a different recoil spring to run well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, if anyone is in the market, Sportsman’s Outdoors in Greenwood had 2 P226s in stock. One is a Mk 25 and the other is an Enhanced Elite. Both are marked at $999, which is about normal for new P226s.

Also, Honey Creek (just south of 144 in Bargersville) has a 9mm P226 Legion SAO in 9mm for $1099.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Speaking of all this 357 Sig love... Does anyone know where to find Federal 357Sig HST? I see plenty of P40HST3 and 9mm HST flavors but cannot seem to find any
    P357SHST1.

Have been trying some Underwood 357Sig at 604 ft#/1475 fps and its a little hot. :thatshot::thumbsup: :ingo:

Edit: Found some at Recoil. But $18.48 ground sh. for 4 boxes is quite excessive. :noway:

Last edited:

TANK BOSS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 27, 2021
    Fishers
    The last truly good Sig was the pre-Cohen P228 or 226.
    Cohen wrecked Kimber and replicated his craptastic formula at Sig: reduce quality control, glitzy marketing, sacrifice accuracy & reliability...but make it wildy popular with the poors. I won't broach the 'drop-fire' issues, or Cohen buying himself out of his gun-running beef with the Germans.
    Sig's used to be Unobtainium for the poors. Now, every Swinging Richard on the range has one. They got themselves a true McDonald's gun: mysterious ingredients, marketed by a Clown.
    But, hey if you like your gun parts made out of MIM, produced in Paris Climate Accord countries, have at it...

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Cohen wrecked Kimber and replicated his craptastic formula at Sig: reduce quality control, glitzy marketing, sacrifice accuracy & reliability...but make it wildy popular with the poors. I won't broach the 'drop-fire' issues, or Cohen buying himself out of his gun-running beef with the Germans.
    Sig's used to be Unobtainium for the poors. Now, every Swinging Richard on the range has one. They got themselves a true McDonald's gun: mysterious ingredients, marketed by a Clown.
    But, hey if you like your gun parts made out of MIM, produced in Paris Climate Accord countries, have at it...
    That will rustle some jimmies. But you are sorta not wrong.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As much as I like my Legions, I do have to wonder what Sig was thinking when they chose darker green for the X-ray sights. Yellow, white or orange are easy to see but dark green?

It's the one feature of a Legion that I really dislike.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    A member less than a month, comes to a thread about sigs and bashes them…you’re on a path to make a lot of friends here!, may I suggest that next you go to a thread about 1911’s and say that they suck!…and then find a thread or two about glocks and talk smack about them!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    LOL, a guy that has a Dan Wesson avatar is talking about the poors.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nothing more than a troll with a chip on his shoulder.

… and, on that bombshell,

Does anyone EDC a P226? I do on occasion but it’s still a bit bigger than I like for EDC.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a Mk 25 that I use for bedside duty. I do not believe I ever carried it though. I did carry a P228 and then a M11A1 and they were big enough.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Nothing more than a troll with a chip on his shoulder.

… and, on that bombshell,

Does anyone EDC a P226? I do on occasion but it’s still a bit bigger than I like for EDC.
    I did for a while when that is what we were issued, but quickly switched to a Glock 23. That was back when the gun rags had me convinced the .40 was a death ray.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Question for you Sig-gents, does the 365xl come in any other caliber than 9mm?

I carry the XDS 45 and have been getting more interested in a dbl action small carry gun . I looked on their website and other sites and all I see is the 9mm. I like the size just wanted a 40 or 45.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom