• 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice score, looks good.

Thanks. It needs some TLC. I have a new spring kit on hand and an armorer’s video should get here today from GrayGuns just to keep me from doing anything stupid. The trigger pull is not great in feel but it’s under 9# DA with an under 4# SA. But, it also has hammer follow issues. Lots of fun to be had making this one right again.

The S/N is very lightly engraved, so I am worried a bit about whether or not a Cerakote job would hide it. I may take it out to AllenM when I drop a 1911 off for front strap checkering and get his opinion on a refinish.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Plans are changing for the P226. It’s been disassembled and inspected and there is a new hammer and SRT inbound along with an E2 grip kit. The plan for now is to refresh it as is and then shoot it a bunch with just the SRT and E2 upgrades. The .357 Sig barrel will live in that one just about all of the time. Sights will come once I shoot it some to see where it hits compared to POA

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Plans are changing for the P226. It’s been disassembled and inspected and there is a new hammer and SRT inbound along with an E2 grip kit. The plan for now is to refresh it as is and then shoot it a bunch with just the SRT and E2 upgrades. The .357 Sig barrel will live in that one just about all of the time. Sights will come once I shoot it some to see where it hits compared to POA

Nice. Which SRT kit did you go with? (Or did I miss that in my days of no home internet)

Sadly, the P250 doesn't seem to make a flat trigger replacement practical. Though I did some dry firing practice with my minor knuckle which helped reduce the rubbing that annoyed me on my little (and so far only) Sig.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    honestly I love it. There are those who speak ill of it. But it hasn’t failed me yet. And they’re relatively cheap in price

Hmm. I would be curious to see just how customizable it is - not that I'm asking you to tell me. ;)

As an aside, if anyone knows someone hunting for a Sig P320 from the ground up Sig is now selling just the serialized firearm (kinda old news from July, but I'm new to actually using Sigs): https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/07/27/p320-fire-control-unit/
    Though, it seems like with many modular options, if buying from the ground up, it's nearly half the cost of a new firearm altogether. Unless wanting one of the fancy cut out slides, it doesn't seem cost effective for a first timer to the platform. I guess it would do a bit for someone with some experience.. but maybe not more than buying one used and taking out the fire control unit.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice. Which SRT kit did you go with? (Or did I miss that in my days of no home internet)

Sadly, the P250 doesn't seem to make a flat trigger replacement practical. Though I did some dry firing practice with my minor knuckle which helped reduce the rubbing that annoyed me on my little (and so far only) Sig.

I just went with the Sig SRT in this one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hmm. I would be curious to see just how customizable it is - not that I'm asking you to tell me. ;)

As an aside, if anyone knows someone hunting for a Sig P320 from the ground up Sig is now selling just the serialized firearm (kinda old news from July, but I'm new to actually using Sigs): https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/07/27/p320-fire-control-unit/
    Though, it seems like with many modular options, if buying from the ground up, it's nearly half the cost of a new firearm altogether. Unless wanting one of the fancy cut out slides, it doesn't seem cost effective for a first timer to the platform. I guess it would do a bit for someone with some experience.. but maybe not more than buying one used and taking out the fire control unit.

That’s an interesting concept.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Email from Sig below, but basically here's the 320 FCU program info: https://www.sigsauer.com/fcu

and if you want to view the email as sent via the web: NOW AVAILABLE: Custom Works P320 FCU + Studio

NOW AVAILABLE​
    Custom Works P320 FCU and Studio

Countless Options, Endless Possibilities

With its unprecedented modularity and unmatched capability, the P320 platform has become one of the most exciting pistols available to firearms enthusiasts today. The soul of the P320 and the driving force behind its modularity lies in the unique, patented design of its Fire Control Unit (FCU).

Now you can build your dream pistol from the ground up. The Custom Works FCU lets you create like never before. Countless options, endless possibilities.​
    VIDEO: P320 CUSTOM WORKS FCU
    WATCH THE VIDEO
    With the P320 Custom Works Studio, the possibilities for your P320 are endless.​

Last edited:

Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County
    The new 320 fire control units seem a bit pricey but if you are going to go all out and build one from the ground up, it is probably the way to go. I was toying with the idea of building a 320 with one of the Wilson combat grip modules.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The new 320 fire control units seem a bit pricey but if you are going to go all out and build one from the ground up, it is probably the way to go. I was toying with the idea of building a 320 with one of the Wilson combat grip modules.

Got a couple of the WC grip modules. Like them very much.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Just how much are they asking? The price is going to be high because it is coming out of the custom shop I think.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve done a basic refurb of the LE trade in P226. It got a spring refresh kit, SRT kit, E2 kit, a new .357 barrel and a new hammer. In addition, it was completely taken down and every part cleaned and lubed before reassembly. The gun came with the orange 9mm spring and it now has the proper green .40/.357 spring. The sights are still as delivered and it looks like the rear is a touch off to the right. I’ll take tools along to tomorrow’s range trip to adjust if needed.

The rear sight on this is a #7 and the front is unmarked. As measured, it would be something like a #3, so we’ll see where the points and hits with both .40 and .357 tomorrow. My guess is that the front was installed to bring POI up to where it is on most guns.

Right now, it feels pretty good in the hand. We’ll see how she runs tomorrow.
    a471944932944d1d98c44f177379d9ba.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Wooooeee ..... it's looking fine for sure, 88' ! With 357 SIG under the hood, I just know that it's going to be a sweet runner.
    I'll look forward to your range report !

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Look forward to hearing about the results, 88. I don't know if there is a better feeling than going through a used gun, cleaning it all up, putting in some fresh parts and bringing it back to life again.

Top Bottom