• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I just 2 fingered typed a long response but erased it. I am afraid we are screwed and our Republic is rolling downhill and picking up speed. Don't know the answers.

Bob

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I appreciate your grace after what I've said to you. I do.

I spent 26 years of my life believing in, standing up for and, to the detriment of my body, defending the difference between right and wrong. Wrong has won. Myself and everyone who thinks and believes like me are now considered to be the enemy of this country.

If there was a time when this may have been avoided that time came to an end yesterday. There are zero cards stacked in our deck. Evil has triumphed after a long, hard fought battle.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I appreciate your grace after what I've said to you. I do.

I spent 26 years of my life believing in, standing up for and, to the detriment of my body, defending the difference between right and wrong. Wrong has won. Myself and everyone who thinks and believes like me are now considered to be the enemy of this country.

If there was a time when this may have been avoided that time came to an end yesterday. There are zero cards stacked in our deck. Evil has triumphed after a long, hard fought battle.
    Sorry, hit post reply before posting the first time.

Evil hasn't won the war, just the battle. Good became overconfident just as evil will. We just need to watch and accelerate the process to return. This is going to take patience and staying power to complete this task. Good will triumph if we watch and learn.
    There are many here who are basically good (disagreements are like a family tradition) and hold many of the same beliefs. Those on the fence will eventually see, those firmly on the other side....not so much. There will be other battles (like the mid terms) for the real America loving Patriots to fight. Hopefully not with guns but with education and awareness. We have been hurt but not beaten.
    Ok, stepping off the soap box, my fingers are tired.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I have come to the conclusion that the populace is directing their anger at the wrong people. Politicians are not the real problem it's the people that buy the politicians who need to be stopped because they are the ones that tell them what to do and how to think. It doesn't really seem to matter who is in office they all eventually act the same since they are getting paid out of the same pocket. Unfortunately people continue to support the companies and organizations that pull the strings of these puppets.

Think about it for a moment. The lock downs and fear mongering over Covid. Who does it really benefit? Not small business nor the people but there are several companies that have made billions as people are forced to shop online. Look at which political groups they donate to and you begin to see why Democratic states are far more likely to lock you down. Professional sports seem to hate us but how many tuned into sports over the holidays? How many people still use the big social media companies? Who owns the MSM and do you think they will ever report just the facts? People don't like change so they continue as before but all they are doing is feeding the "enemy". If we want change we first need to change ourselves and quit feeding the enemy. If you take the time to think on it you'll come up with a lot more examples.

Politicians aren't that hard to figure out, cut off the money they get from one source and they will start singing the tune from next that pays them. We just need to make sure it's our tune they're getting paid to sing.

It will take time to right this mess but the first step is to quit paying for our own destruction.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Evil will always be there. The elected representatives have a responsibility and swore an oath to do what is right for this country and it's people. There is no forgiveness for those who sell out for personal gain. They get no pass or forgiveness from me, they are culpable.

Pence has shown his colors along with virtually every other "conservative" in DC. It should have never gotten this far but it did with little resistance.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is too bad history isn't emphasized in our school systems anymore. Well, it is also a pity that our populace doesn't seem as interested in our nation's long-term story, other than a few highlights.

Our republic has seen worse than this and survived. I'd even say every couple generations goes through something like this.

I've mentioned it before, but the Bonus Army incident was worse than this at several levels.

And the "our country is ruined" rhetoric is as... absurd... as the other side's "this was an insurrection" rhetoric. Or wait. Maybe that's the same side. It gets confusing. ;)

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I said to myself, surely Americans are not stupid enough to elect this old man and this whack-a-doodle woman from California....I had some faith in the American public. No more. The dimbulbs have us outnumbered. As soon as we run out of other people's money, we're gonna see blood. I wonder if I can still get those free Mandarin classes so I will know how to ask which box car they want me on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We will start hearing the term "domestic terrorist" or some variant thereof more often, but in a completely different context than we used to.
    Already have been. Andre Carson referred to yesterday's protestors as domestic terrorists. His constituents that burned down a good part of downtown Indy this past summer were just peaceful protestors.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is too bad history isn't emphasized in our school systems anymore. Well, it is also a pity that our populace doesn't seem as interested in our nation's long-term story, other than a few highlights.

Our republic has seen worse than this and survived. I'd even say every couple generations goes through something like this.

I've mentioned it before, but the Bonus Army incident was worse than this at several levels.

And the "our country is ruined" rhetoric is as... absurd... as the other side's "this was an insurrection" rhetoric. Or wait. Maybe that's the same side. It gets confusing. ;)
    Which version of history should they be emphasizing? The version where there were soldiers that fought in the Civil War? Or the version where none of that ever happened.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Already have been. Andre Carson referred to yesterday's protestors as domestic terrorists. His constituents that burned down a good part of downtown Indy this past summer were just peaceful protestors.
    Activists...the BLM, Antifa, Defund the Cops kids are all activists...learn your newspeak...

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The GOP is dead, more like it

Maybe the initial mistake was made when a former reality TV host and person with no political experience was elected in 2016.
    Man if I had a nickle for every time someone said "The <insert political party here> is dead." The RNC needed to start working on 2024 last year. Are they? Who knows. They got out cheated by the DNC hands down.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

So it will last forever?

Top Bottom