• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Well we saw it in Katrina it doesn't take much for society to collapse. There is a very fragile thin film that seperates society for anarchy. Fear and panic can do crazy things to ordinary people. Just watch the grocery stores tomorrow when we get our 1-2 inches of snow............

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I find it somewhat .... fake? Is that the word? Maybe... Not intellectually honest with yourself to say

"Oh this is my Zombie gun, I bought this for killin Zombies"

When what you really mean is...

"Oh this is my Starving Americans gun, I bought this for killin Starving Americans."

IMO, say what you mean, mean what you say... and quit with the euphemisms.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I find it somewhat .... fake? Is that the word? Maybe... Not intellectually honest with yourself to say

"Oh this is my Zombie gun, I bought this for killin Zombies"

When what you really mean is...

"Oh this is my Starving Americans gun, I bought this for killin Starving Americans."

IMO, say what you mean, mean what you say... and quit with the euphemisms.

I don't think anyone here has bought a gun to kill starving Americans. Some here may have bought them to kill people who will either kill them, or turn them into a starving American by taking what they have. Big difference.

And I for one have no problem with calling those sort of people zombies. What is a zombie? Someone(or thing) that will kill you so it can eat. Sounds like a pretty apt description to me.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    We have several million people in this country totally dependent on government for their existence.
    Many or most of them do not and cannot see any other way to live.
    When, eventually, the economy can no longer support them in the style to which they have become accustomed, they will become desperate roving hoards seeking all the good things their Rich Uncle Sam used to provide.

I don't think this is true at all.

I'm sure there are plenty of cops who could get a job in the private sector.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I don't think anyone here has bought a gun to kill starving Americans. Some here may have bought them to kill people who will either kill them, or turn them into a starving American by taking what they have. Big difference.

And I for one have no problem with calling those sort of people zombies. What is a zombie? Someone(or thing) that will kill you so it can eat. Sounds like a pretty apt description to me.

I hear ya, so why not say "This is my gun to kill looters?" I just think its cheezy.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    dom,
    Zombie is a euphemism for any kind of apocalypse.
    In the case of the Zomunists, they are walking around in overwhelming numbers with their hands out but just like every zombie movie I have ever seen, but instead of saying braaaaaiiinnnsss, they are saying mooooorree moooonnnnneeeeyyyyy.
    I need my money (that I worked hard for) just as much as I need my brains.
    I don't see the difference.

Besides, Why so serious?
    We don't know if we will be invaded by zombies, aliens, looters, overrun by blue helmets, or even herded together like cattle by beings from the future transported here to procure humans for dinner because their world has run out of resources.
    Nobody here is gleefully planning to shoot a looter or anybody else.
    But we are planning...
    Just in case...:shady:

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    dom,
    Zombie is a euphemism for any kind of apocalypse.
    In the case of the Zomunists, they are walking around in overwhelming numbers with their hands out but just like every zombie movie I have ever seen, but instead of saying braaaaaiiinnnsss, they are saying mooooorree moooonnnnneeeeyyyyy.
    I need my money (that I worked hard for) just as much as I need my brains.
    I don't see the difference.

Besides, Why so serious?
    We don't know if we will be invaded by zombies, aliens, looters, overrun by blue helmets, or even herded together like cattle by beings from the future transported here to procure humans for dinner because their world has run out of resources.
    Nobody here is gleefully planning to shoot a looter or anybody else.
    But we are planning...
    Just in case...:shady:

I hear ya, I am with you in thought, I just.... I guess maybe I am getting old. Starting to prefer that people just say it how it is.

Zombies seem so... childish. Its something my nephews would say, it just seems off to hear it so much more often from full grown men.

Its true, I need to just get over it and start buying the green ammo, but I will be glad when the fad passes.

:dunno:

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I hear ya, I am with you in thought, I just.... I guess maybe I am getting old. Starting to prefer that people just say it how it is.

Zombies seem so... childish. Its something my nephews would say, it just seems off to hear it so much more often from full grown men.

Its true, I need to just get over it and start buying the green ammo, but I will be glad when the fad passes.

:dunno:

I hear ya Dom, but ya know, telling my family I am prepared for the day when the inner city decides they want more, or I am prepared for the day when my neighbors are so desperate that they come to me intending harm for my food, or shooting any other kind of looter/dirtbag that is tryin to do me and mine harm, is a lose-lose situation IHMO.

Zombies is a great term. Everyone knows they don't really exist, and can immediately use their brain to formulate what I am talking about, without sounding like a racist, or a nutjob. Since there are no advocacy groups for something that does not exist, I dan't ahve to worry about any kind of reprocusion in saying " I am preparing to fend off the coming zombie invasion". As a matter of fact, it can be a bit of a filter, as other preparedness folks I know typically respond in the positive, with the sheeple just kind of give a nervous laugh and drop the subject.

Like it or not, you simply cannot go running around talking about how your gonna kill <insert socio-economic group here> when **** goes down hill. Well i guess you can, but you certainly will paint yourself with a pretty offensive brush if you do.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I hear ya Dom, but ya know, telling my family I am prepared for the day when the inner city decides they want more, or I am prepared for the day when my neighbors are so desperate that they come to me intending harm for my food, or shooting any other kind of looter/dirtbag that is tryin to do me and mine harm, is a lose-lose situation IHMO.

Zombies is a great term. Everyone knows they don't really exist, and can immediately use their brain to formulate what I am talking about, without sounding like a racist, or a nutjob. Since there are no advocacy groups for something that does not exist, I dan't ahve to worry about any kind of reprocusion in saying " I am preparing to fend off the coming zombie invasion". As a matter of fact, it can be a bit of a filter, as other preparedness folks I know typically respond in the positive, with the sheeple just kind of give a nervous laugh and drop the subject.

Like it or not, you simply cannot go running around talking about how your gonna kill <insert socio-economic group here> when **** goes down hill. Well i guess you can, but you certainly will paint yourself with a pretty offensive brush if you do.

You know what, thanks for taking the time to explain that. That is a very concise and helpful explanation.

Rep Inbound.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers

And rep from me as well, as that post explains why I use the term as well as any I could have crafted myself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is always a voice of reason in a sea of madness.
    +1 as I am out of rep. Great analogy E-rider
    I have been trying to convey that very thing but failed to get the message across.

Top Bottom