• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

In our back yard play ground at any given time you may see kids from any number of cultures and this man is correct.....unless they are indoctrinated into it early they do not see color. They just want to make friends and play.
    They are that way until adults **** them up with all this racists based bull:poop: and that is where we need to address these issues.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    thank you!

i credit my way of thinking to my dearly departed mother (may her roasting be well seasoned!)

i was a part of the 1rst wave of bussing from the northern community to the suburbs in the mid 80's. there was a lot of discrimination in the township i went to. i recieved one hell of an education!

my mother was an educator for 27 yrs and the most profound thing she taught me was it is my responsibility to do for self.
    she also pointed out the overt and obscure racism that we faced during those times. she stressed that it was our responsibility to overcome it, not rely on it to blame others for our short comings. she worked 2 jobs to raise us and go to achool for her teaching license. never once did she blame anyone for what she lacked. her mother was 100% native american and my mother was the product of rape by a white man but she never blamed white people for anything.

i owe it to her to be the best person that i can be. when i learned about affirmative action i was appalled that people wanted to be included just because of the color of their skin. she always told us that if "someone doesn't want you in their house,then don't go to their house". it had nothing to do with race.

as to the cheeseburger and beverage...i'm free on weekends. name the time and place. lol
    I would say that you have taken to heart the valuable life lesson's that your Mother has instilled in you and you are representing the legacy she bestowed upon you quite admirably sir. I can think of no better way to honor her.

Carry on.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    In our back yard play ground at any given time you may see kids from any number of cultures and this man is correct.....unless they are indoctrinated into it early they do not see color. They just want to make friends and play.
    They are that way until adults **** them up with all this racists based bull:poop: and that is where we need to address these issues.
    When I went to school we had Black, Asian, Latino, and White kids all at the same school. I don't remember race being a factor at all. Most of my adult life I never seen much racism. When the race problems SHTF was when Obama the great divider started his rhetoric. Since then it's been nothing but race problems. See the commies couldn't win by class division so they started working on race division. Now our country is torn apart by something that is over exaggerated IMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I went to school we had Black, Asian, Latino, and White kids all at the same school. I don't remember race being a factor at all. Most of my adult life I never seen much racism. When the race problems SHTF was when Obama the great divider started his rhetoric. Since then it's been nothing but race problems. See the commies couldn't win by class division so they started working on race division. Now our country is torn apart by something that is over exaggerated IMO.
    Brother my grade school was mainly white with an Asian family going there. Smart kids.
    High School was all white save for a few Asian kids. I believe they moved here so Dads could be engineers at Allisons in Speedway. Real good atmosphere until my second semester of my sophomore year. the 1st black kids in Indy were bused out of the inner city to the (then) burbs and life was never the same after.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Brother my grade school was mainly white with an Asian family going there. Smart kids.
    High School was all white save for a few Asian kids. I believe they moved here so Dads could be engineers at Allisons in Speedway. Real good atmosphere until my second semester of my sophomore year. the 1st black kids in Indy were bused out of the inner city to the (then) burbs and life was never the same after.
    I've lived in the country most of my life so I don't know what it's like to live in a big city. My elementary, middle, and high school days were in a avg size city at that time it was around I believe 100k people. Very diverse city race wise.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You can't possibly believe that. Obama started race problems? No, you simply live in a smaller world. Multi-media has exposed a lot of things that in the past were kept localized due to the travel of information, and which are now nationwide news. Can you imagine how much things we wouldn't know about if not for video camera's on cell phones? That leap tech leap, or at least quality video, happened under Obama.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can't possibly believe that. Obama started race problems? No, you simply live in a smaller world. Multi-media has exposed a lot of things that in the past were kept localized due to the travel of information, and which are now nationwide news. Can you imagine how much things we wouldn't know about if not for video camera's on cell phones? That leap tech leap, or at least quality video, happened under Obama.
    No Kut. He re-kindled the embers that were at a low burn. He did not start race problems. Re-read his post please and lets stay on track. There is not a clear thinking person of most colors that did not see what the great divider was up to and this will be his legacy.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    s. hugh dillon (the judge who ordered deseg) really stirred the isht. he forced black kids to go miles away from home to schools who were not equipped nor welcome to the idea of intergration. this was when i became intoduced to boardroom racism. looking back, i do not blame the schools, parents, or students. i blame the ignorance of the judge and legislature who felt this was a good idea with no more than a few months preparation for either side.

i also grew up in a very diverse atmosphere. we had all races/ethnicities/nationalities in our hood. the problems we had between us had nothing to do with race

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    “Only?” I’d challenge this belief. Organizing protests, transportation of supporters/voters, multi-media presence are expensive things. So unless one thinks they’re completely grassroots - which would be extremely troubling to their detractors, I think it would seem that the do spend a fair chunk of change.

The question is where do they spend it?
    Organizing protests? Book of faces come to mind.
    Multi-media presence? MSM gives them all they need for free.
    Transportation of voters/supporters? Didn't we just have a mail in election?

The question that should be asked is where and how much was spent? You know the same accountability being demanded of other organizations.

"What's good for the goose is good for the gander"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    s. hugh dillon (the judge who ordered deseg) really stirred the isht. he forced black kids to go miles away from home to schools who were not equipped nor welcome to the idea of intergration. this was when i became intoduced to boardroom racism. looking back, i do not blame the schools, parents, or students. i blame the ignorance of the judge and legislature who felt this was a good idea with no more than a few months preparation for either side.

i also grew up in a very diverse atmosphere. we had all races/ethnicities/nationalities in our hood. the problems we had between us had nothing to do with race
    Good old SU......there was talk among the parents that setting up all that bussing/equipment/drivers etc cut loose some serious funding and some folks reaped the rewards from it. They built maint. facility's and tooled them up. Fuel tanks and said equipment.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    obama DID NOT start this. he just put the 21st century spin to it. there was a lot of behind the scenes reasons why obama was chosen. the most obvious was to placate the "minorities"

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Good old SU......there was talk among the parents that setting up all that bussing/equipment/drivers etc cut loose some serious funding and some folks reaped the rewards from it. They built maint. facility's and tooled them up. Fuel tanks and said equipment.
    ips was paid $75/day per child to send the kids, the townships were paid $151/day per child to recieve them, the bus company was paid $40/day per child to transport them along with the millions passed around to maintain/repair/purchase the buses. this info was passed around about 10 yrs after busing started.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    good or bad...it all begins at home

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    ips was paid $75/day per child to send the kids, the townships were paid $151/day per child to recieve them, the bus company was paid $40/day per child to transport them along with the millions passed around to maintain/repair/purchase the buses. this info was passed around about 10 yrs after busing started.
    +
    Wow! Growing up rural I never experienced busing, but it sounds like it was pretty lucrative for some organizations.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No Kut. He re-kindled the embers that were at a low burn. He did not start race problems. Re-read his post please and lets stay on track. There is not a clear thinking person of most colors that did not see what the great divider was up to and this will be his legacy.
    I don't believe that at all. If anything he got racists to expose themselves. I didn't even like Obama, and hell, even I think his wife is busted, but I heard the rhetoric
    The question is where do they spend it?
    Organizing protests? Book of faces come to mind.
    Multi-media presence? MSM gives them all they need for free.
    Transportation of voters/supporters? Didn't we just have a mail in election?

The question that should be asked is where and how much was spent? You know the same accountability being demanded of other organizations.

"What's good for the goose is good for the gander"
    Thats fair. If there’s a credible allegation of wrongdoing, it should be investigated. The caveat, is the BLM just recently became a non-profit, so essentially from that point they should be subject to the same rules as any other with same designation. And so far as the woman who founded it, as I stated earlier, she says she’s hasn’t been paid by BLM for years. Her tax returns should prove that, and if she has been using the money for personal expenses, and they’re not reported, she should locked up.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I don't believe that at all. If anything he got racists to expose themselves. I didn't even like Obama, and hell, even I think his wife is busted, but I heard the rhetoric

Thats fair. If there’s a credible allegation of wrongdoing, it should be investigated. The caveat, is the BLM just recently became a non-profit, so essentially from that point they should be subject to the same rules as any other with same designation. And so far as the woman who founded it, as I stated earlier, she says she’s hasn’t been paid by BLM for years. Her tax returns should prove that, and if she has been using the money for personal expenses, and they’re not reported, she should locked up.

Fair enough, as long as requirements are applied equally, I can't ask for anything else (well not very often).

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    $12 million actually to local BLM chapters; outside of national organization budget. They ended 2020 with $60 million still in the bank. As far as the houses, the chick in question got 2 book deals and a content creator from Warner Brothers. I imagine she was paid well. If the claim is that she used BLM money to purchase houses, then the onus is on on the person making the allegations to prove their point. The chick says she hasn’t used a dime from BLM, and hasn’t taken a paycheck from them in several years. If that’s false, then she’s broken the law. Sure, I know what people who oppose BLM want to think, but there’s no proof to confirm those suspicions.
    Much like how Harry Reed was made to prove his allegations against Mitt Romney for not paying taxes?
    I know that two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left...

Seriously, your argument is ambiguous at best.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Critical race theory only has grounds during failure, in smoother times it would have been overlooked like so many other theories. I know this thought of mine is going to seem like unicorns and butterflies until you think on it a while. There is no more top 40 radio. Google the radio stations in your county, all are very specific niche'

Every city of any size used to have one. We had AM radios in cars, so if you were under 21 you tuned to WLS, in Chicago, or whatever the powerhouse was in your area.

We all listened to a variety. A play list might be: Sly and the Family Stone, the Rolling Stones, The Supremes, the Beatles, John Denver, Marvin Gaye, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Glen Campbell, Chicago, and at the top of the hour, whatever new release from Carlos Santana. We all had exposure to everything, and developed appreciation (at least tolerance) for people other than us. I think it lowered the tension at least a little between different walks of life.

Magnify that to a reverence for the other guys religion. Even if you went to Catholic school and had to cheer for Notre Dame, you did not want to tear up the MBE church. You might have laughed at the Baptist kids hair cut, but you still let him play ball with you, especially if he was a good shortstop. We saluted the flag together, not even really understanding what it symbolized but you were thankful to be an American. If someone did something goofy, you were free to laugh at him, and if he did something good, you were free to high five him, no matter what color they were and what color you were. Now everything is divided, and we can't even listen to Stevie Wonder without someone being offended.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I am thinking this all depends on who is doing the looking or whos eyes this is seen through.
    Yes, he drove a wedge deep into the very heart of this country. He turned a blind eye to the new wave of shopping spree's......Oh sorry I mean rioting that has escalated to entire city's being held hostage., That did not just start with the MSM TDS stage 4. This has been ongoing and left to run amok.

"If I had a son"...........:dunno:

Top Bottom