• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Runners are generally easy to identify. The usual model is that they join and then immediately start posting short, non-useful posts (yup, I agree, 1, 2, 3, smilies, etc.) over the course of a few hours until they reach 50. They end up cluttering up INGO for everyone else and miss the entire point of having a gun owner community. Sometimes, you will find someone who has been around for months who sees something they just have to have and then they make a similar run. Both add clutter, but not value to the site. If you participate without keeping an eye on the classifieds, it is amazing how quickly you can reach 50.

jh101

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Carmel
    No problem. I recently picked up a couple rifles and am getting back into shooting/hunting. Been lurking on the site for a while and starting to get more active on it. Just figured out how to become a Site Supporter so went ahead and did that.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    No problem. I recently picked up a couple rifles and am getting back into shooting/hunting. Been lurking on the site for a while and starting to get more active on it. Just figured out how to become a Site Supporter so went ahead and did that.

Hey Guys -
    We got another RUNN...........................Oh....

Nevermind...........:(

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Cool. Thanks for being a supporter. This site costs money to run and we help with that. Even if you aren't interested in getting to the classifieds real soon, you should probably check out the faqs for how to get early access if you spot something you just have to have. You will get bumped to 50 and be one of the "cool kids". :)

Search for: I paid to be a Site Supporter but still can't get into the classifieds!

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Runners are generally easy to identify. The usual model is that they join and then immediately start posting short, non-useful posts (yup, I agree, 1, 2, 3, smilies, etc.) over the course of a few hours until they reach 50. They end up cluttering up INGO for everyone else and miss the entire point of having a gun owner community. Sometimes, you will find someone who has been around for months who sees something they just have to have and then they make a similar run. Both add clutter, but not value to the site. If you participate without keeping an eye on the classifieds, it is amazing how quickly you can reach 50.

Don't forget the "sneaky" one's who think they are cleverly posting to low post count and years old threads, going unnoticed. All the while thousands of INGOers receive an e-mail notifying of a new HELPFUL :rolleyes: post to an important subscribed thread.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I tried to be one of the sneaky one's about 18 months ago. I wanted to learn about things I didn't know about guns. I was more interested in buying a few guns though. Once I got my head on straight I realized INGO is way better as a forum than it is a place to buy and sell. The classified section in the last thing I look at now instead of the first if even at all.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I tried to be one of the sneaky one's about 18 months ago. I wanted to learn about things I didn't know about guns. I was more interested in buying a few guns though. Once I got my head on straight I realized INGO is way better as a forum than it is a place to buy and sell. The classified section in the last thing I look at now instead of the first if even at all.

Reported.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom