THE PISTOL CALIBER DEBATE CAN FINALLY END!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What I've learned from the responses to this video:

1. Some people are as committed to their choice of caliber as they are to their spouse... brobably even more.
    2. It's true that most 9mm users will always cry "shot placement" in a caliber debate.
    3. Those who choose .45 will alswys decry "stopability" as their reason.
    4. The .40 carrier is very comfortable with their caliber and just sits back and watches the firework during a caliber debate.
    5. Those who carry .22 will always challenge someone to take a shot from their gun.

:ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've learned a lot from the many responses also (not just here on INGO).

It's amazing how people hear and see what they want to hear and see, regardless of the message we were actually trying to communicate. It's an interesting study in psychology.

Some clearly took it as a light-hearted attempt at humor and poking fun at the debate itself, not specific calibers. Some claimed the video confirmed that the 45 was superior. Others claimed that the 40 was obviously shown to be superior, because it diffused the situation, lol. Some got upset that we laughed at 9mm. The literal folks questioned why a robbery would be taking place in such a remote location. hahahaha

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I learned that it is good thing that I am switching from 40 to 45 because I really don't want a man hug from ESRICE. (Que I will do the man hug. He reminds me of a big, squishy teddy bear).

Wait......what were you saying about being to literal? Oh right 40 rules! :rockwoot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've learned a lot from the many responses also (not just here on INGO).

It's amazing how people hear and see what they want to hear and see, regardless of the message we were actually trying to communicate. It's an interesting study in psychology.

Some clearly took it as a light-hearted attempt at humor and poking fun at the debate itself, not specific calibers. Some claimed the video confirmed that the 45 was superior. Others claimed that the 40 was obviously shown to be superior, because it diffused the situation, lol. Some got upset that we laughed at 9mm. The literal folks questioned why a robbery would be taking place in such a remote location. hahahaha

You forgot that a white guy would NEVER rob a black guy. :n00b:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Now that the video has gotten tens of thousands of views...how many hookup requests have you guys gotten from the .40 SW guys out there?:gheyhi:

:D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You forgot that a white guy would NEVER rob a black guy. :n00b:

What can I say. Some guys have a loose concept of humor?
    Meaning, the joke fell flat.

Ok, maybe I'm wrong. I thought que was stating someone said that.

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

You guys actually had a message ? I thought it was just more INGO comedy .

Don't get me wrong , I understand the how the nancy boys would get their panties in a wad because they're put on blast on the net for carrying those inferior calibers .

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    36,656 views in 48 hours. I can't ever show my face at a gun show again. :ugh:
    Funny but true. Maybe you'll get some free coffee at the next 1500? :rockwoot:
    Putting it on Reddit and multiple Facebook gun groups really helped.I know one of them I posted it in has over 5,000 members. It was pinned to the top of the group and has a boatload of likes and replies.
    Hopefully Que monetized his channel and gets a few shekels out of this.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Love it! I now know what caliber to buy next. Truth be told I own a 40 Glock 23. I'm sorry. Made a mistake. Was ignorant. Now, time for a nice Hazelnut cappuccino.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a couple different .40s and now am thinking I need to trade them off... I don't like making friends that are quite that "special"...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom