• Status
    Not open for further replies.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    The removal crew at work are about worthless. They scraped one lane one each side of the lot. Did not do a damn thing near the doors or docks.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Round 6 or 8 or maybe 10 of clearing the drive is done. The wind can quit anytime as far as I'm concerned.

It is at least 2' deep on our road. A county plow hasn't been down it but once yesterday at 10 in the morning. The farmer plowed and made a path to the farm, but most of that has drifted over. I'm not even sure if the plows are out today or not.
    FB says our plows have been out since 6:30 this morning, but they haven't been down our road yet. I can get through the snow going east. It is closed west of the junky house and I'm not sure my truck could do the path through the field with no 4wd. SIL left on a fire call near 200N and county line so it will be interesting to see if they can get to it. Shed fire so, if not, I guess it isn't someone's home at least.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I am a retired farmer. When it comes to “equipment” I don’t skimp. And I like clam chowder. I got hooked on it when it was offered on the salad bar at a local eatery. Found some store bought can stuff I like. 1 can equals 2 lunches...fast and easy.

I'm the same way. I use commercial equipment for my own yard.

What's truly funny is that, I think nearly 25 years ago, a lady from Elkhart no less, introduced me to clam chowder.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    FB says our plows have been out since 6:30 this morning, but they haven't been down our road yet. I can get through the snow going east. It is closed west of the junky house and I'm not sure my truck could do the path through the field with no 4wd. SIL left on a fire call near 200N and county line so it will be interesting to see if they can get to it. Shed fire so, if not, I guess it isn't someone's home at least.
    I can get to 600, but it's sketchy, once I got there there was nowhere to go from there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just while I was out doing the drive a bit ago, I had 4 different plows go down and back on our road. But it is a main artery for the factories, so they keep it clear. The money has to keep flowing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just while I was out doing the drive a bit ago, I had 4 different plows go down and back on our road. But it is a main artery for the factories, so they keep it clear. The money has to keep flowing.
    I haven't ventured out to the road yet but I assume the plows have been down it at some point. It's a pretty main east/west connector between two main north/south roads.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I guess the plow went down our road finally. Mailboxes are completely buried for several of the neighbors after the drifts got cleared. I guess the snow is about 5 foot deep along the road now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom