Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well... "Digging it out" means walking out to the garage, putting gas in it, and pulling the cord. :) I hear a couple of neighbors that are running now. It's still 63 in here and I keep at 67. It hasn't bled off that much heat, yet...

So, basically, I'm just not cold enough to do it yet. Odds are good that boredom may become the compelling reason once I run out of laptops though! :laugh: Kinda hoping it will be bed time by then, but I'd sure like a shower first too...

---

Oh, and the Nipsco number is actually dropping. 13.6k now.
    Right? I keep my deep cycle marine battery charged up so that I can run the essentials with a power invertor - cable, 1 tv, one lamp, and my computer. :):

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Right? I keep my deep cycle marine battery charged up so that I can run the essentials with a power invertor - cable, 1 tv, one lamp, and my computer. :):

Yep. You're describing V2.0 of where I want to be going though. Probably coming to a living room near me next week. :)

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Mine's only good for 2, maybe 3 hours though.

My little Ryobi inverter on its own will run my internet for over 4 hours on a single 3 aH battery. Laptop will run itself for about 2 hours on its own battery, so reaching a little deeper isn't that tough with my setup.

That said, I did just order 2 9 aH batteries and a 500w 12v inverter, so, I just radically expanded my capabilities. I'll order replacement batteries for my big UPS tomorrow and then 2.0 will be in effect. 3.0 is going to require me to move first. :)

Anyhow... I'm down to my last Ryobi battery as they weren't all the way up since they were scattered around in various tools. I still have my phone at 100% and 4G for data if I really need it. Approaching 7 hours without power now with 100% internet and PC uptime isn't too bad for what I had to do it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My little Ryobi inverter on its own will run my internet for over 4 hours on a single 3 aH battery. Laptop will run itself for about 2 hours on its own battery, so reaching a little deeper isn't that tough with my setup.

That said, I did just order 2 9 aH batteries and a 500w 12v inverter, so, I just radically expanded my capabilities. I'll order replacement batteries for my big UPS tomorrow and then 2.0 will be in effect. 3.0 is going to require me to move first. :)

Anyhow... I'm down to my last Ryobi battery as they weren't all the way up since they were scattered around in various tools. I still have my phone at 100% and 4G for data if I really need it. Approaching 7 hours without power now with 100% internet and PC uptime isn't too bad for what I had to do it.
    I didn't count my laptop battery. If my internet dies, I won't be on my laptop. :): I haven't figured out how to make my phone a "hot spot".

1609551831725.png

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I didn't count my laptop battery. If my internet dies, I won't be on my laptop. :): I haven't figured out how to make my phone a "hot spot".

View attachment 106043
    I haven't tethered my phone either, but I should. I use a Ryobi 18v inveter to run my WiFi. I use ups systems to run the laptops. On mobile now, which I never do.... But bored.

This isn't my finest hour, but this is my general setup on the wifi.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Night Greg

We haven't even had our power flicker so far. Daughter said that most of Hamlet is running on generators. They are still on so far but told her to come here if the power goes out and the house gets cold. We have the wood stove at least to keep everyone warm. Now, it is apparently snowing on top of the ice. The fun just keeps on....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom