• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Show me a post where an OCer rips on a CCer for the method of carry chosen.

That should give you something to do with your time. I hope you have plenty!:laugh:

I don't get why you keep pushing that? You know as well as I do some of the negative thoughts behind CC that have been expressed or implied through the years. Some say, and even you have joked about, the idea of "hiding your gun like a criminal". Its been said that your not proud of your 2a rights if you CC, Its been said that your more likely to be a victim (while at the same time, those people argue against the same idea if your OCing)
    Ive heard people say, your wanting to bait and ambush people if your CC. Ive heard alot of implication that its just not manly to CC (as if carrying a firearm AT ALL, has anything to do with manliness.)
    The last time you and I got into this, i posted something about it not being a 2 way street, and I stand behind that.

This is a 4 way street. This is two different things, the first is the individuals method of carry, the second is their opinion on the other method.

Meaning:
    A group of CCers hate OC
    A group of OCers hate CC
    A group of CCers like OC
    A group of OCers like CC

Its ignorant to have a two sided debate on this topic, when there are clearly 4 sides.
    I'm tired of this crap. There's "a debate", where facts are stated, and people can learn, and then there's a place where a bunch of pent up argumentative people get together to start ****.

This is not a debate, its a bar brawl, or a dick measuring contest.

To the people reading this thread, who might have stumbled here, in pursuit of something productive: not all CCers hate OC, and not all OCers hate CC.
    Get a firearm, train, get legal, carry it, and stay safe. How you carry is your business. Too many people have forgotten what humility is.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't get why you keep pushing that? You know as well as I do some of the negative thoughts behind CC that have been expressed or implied through the years. Some say, and even you have joked about, the idea of "hiding your gun like a criminal". Its been said that your not proud of your 2a rights if you CC, Its been said that your more likely to be a victim (while at the same time, those people argue against the same idea if your OCing)
    Ive heard people say, your wanting to bait and ambush people if your CC. Ive heard alot of implication that its just not manly to CC (as if carrying a firearm AT ALL, has anything to do with manliness.)
    The last time you and I got into this, i posted something about it not being a 2 way street, and I stand behind that.

This is a 4 way street. This is two different things, the first is the individuals method of carry, the second is their opinion on the other method.

Meaning:
    A group of CCers hate OC
    A group of OCers hate CC
    A group of CCers like OC
    A group of OCers like CC

Its ignorant to have a two sided debate on this topic, when there are clearly 4 sides.
    I'm tired of this crap. There's "a debate", where facts are stated, and people can learn, and then there's a place where a bunch of pent up argumentative people get together to start ****.

This is not a debate, its a bar brawl, or a dick measuring contest.

To the people reading this thread, who might have stumbled here, in pursuit of something productive: not all CCers hate OC, and not all OCers hate CC.
    Get a firearm, train, get legal, carry it, and stay safe. How you carry is your business. Too many people have forgotten what humility is.
    I agree that it's not really a debate at all. Mainly because there is next to NONE of these getting used in the discussion which are verifiable and quantifiable.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If it helps anyone feel better, I do both. Depending on the situation I will CC. There's a lot of places my kids want to go, and if I OC I will be asked to leave. 99% of the point of me having my gun on me is to protect my wife and 2 daughters. I won't miss out on time with my family because I'm too stubborn to cover it up. But again, that's my situation. Do what you want.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Show me the posts where OCers seriously bashed CCers. Not in jest, but seriously. I'm still waiting.

What? Can't find any. Yeah.

I keep pushing it because it's true. I guess you fancy yourself as some sort of peacemaker or something. I have no idea really what your point is in saying we need to stop defending our way of carry--and that is what we have to do, defend.

I keep pushing it because the idea that this is a two way street instead of bashers against bashees is patently false.

No one is forcing you to read these threads, so if it bothers you that much, don't.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I'm just a guy who likes my right to carry however I want, and doesnt like to see people who are supposed to be on the same side, fighting about something that doesnt matter. I'm not attacking you, so there is no need to defend anything. I see both sides of the argument. Its too bad so many else cannot.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I'm just a guy who likes my right to carry however I want, and doesnt like to see people who are supposed to be on the same side, fighting about something that doesnt matter. I'm not attacking you, so there is no need to defend anything. I see both sides of the argument. Its too bad so many else cannot.
    I imagine its just something to debate but when it comes down to the wire well all stick together.

Hei Atzfel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Well that was quite a good read. I've never put much thought into the CC/OC topic but now I've certainly got a lot to debate on with myself.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It's quite refreshing to see someone come in here and actually read the first post.
    Most, you'll see, will jump right in and try to force their opinions on others without reading it or even giving other carry options a chance.

Everybody knows that their way is the ONLY way.....or else. :tantrum:

Hei Atzfel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    It's quite refreshing to see someone come in here and actually read the first post.
    Most, you'll see, will jump right in and try to force their opinions on others without reading it or even giving other carry options a chance.

Everybody knows that their way is the ONLY way.....or else. :tantrum:

That's just a plague of the internet in general.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You know what just struck me?

That this is the Open Carry "Argument"...

I don't usually see OC'ers getting on CC'ers for CCing... So why is it our argument? lol.

Hei Atzfel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    You know what just struck me?

That this is the Open Carry "Argument"...

I don't usually see OC'ers getting on CC'ers for CCing... So why is it our argument? lol.

Non-seriousness of your comment aside since I know how you meant it, I'm sure it's happened a few times.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm not saying it hasn't, but mostly you'll see it in jest. And only because the "Anti-Open Carryers" are so adamant with their perception of how everyone needs to carry. Or NOT carry.

It's just silliness how they behave.

I'm guilty of a little "rub" now and then. Mostly tired of their unwillingness to learn a new trick.
    And I don't like being told what to do. (I was married once) :n00b:

There is a few on here that say "Just ****ing Carry" as long as you carry.
    But then they'll still start arguing about - well, nothing. (it might be a girl)

They will be along shortly to start up again. 3...2....1...

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I don't care how people carry, I just would like for everyone to carry in an adequate holster with a good trigger guard cover. Hell, use a glock backplate "clip" and a RCS vanguard, just keep it safe :)

Hei Atzfel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    I'm not saying it hasn't, but mostly you'll see it in jest. And only because the "Anti-Open Carryers" are so adamant with their perception of how everyone needs to carry. Or NOT carry.

It's just silliness how they behave.

I'm guilty of a little "rub" now and then. Mostly tired of their unwillingness to learn a new trick.
    And I don't like being told what to do. (I was married once) :n00b:
    It could always be worse, at least we don't have to put up with people on here trying to make it out like anyone who even thinks of carrying a firearm two steps outside of their house is some kind of mass murder supporter. I really wonder why I even bother to try and have civil discussions about this topic on Facebook anymore...

Top Bottom