• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Saw an ad on CL stating "selling hunting items," so out of curiosity I got in touch. He tells me he is selling a new Savage 111 in 30-06 for $325 and sends the following pic.

I got very excited as I was on the hunt for this exact rifle. I drive 40 minutes to meet him. He has "an employee" meet me. It was a Savage, and in 30-06. But a 110, pre-accu trigger, hidden box magazine, generic $10 scope on it (not the nikon in picture), and all the stickers removed. I called him asking if his guy grabbed the wrong rifle, as this isn't the one he sent me a picture of. He had the gull to tell me it is the correct rifle and he removed the stickers. I let him know I'd give him $200 for what was brought... We didn't come to an agreement.

Last edited:

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Apparently he didn't do any driving or he wouldn't have wasted his time. Luckily as many trades and driving as I have done on AL I haven't wasted a trip yet.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    CL is full of flakes, I have run some non firearm stuff on there, thankfully the true flakes were weeded out through emails. I have only been able to complete 4 CL deals in several years. I have tried "offer up", but I think it is the same people that inhabit CL.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Got it. Thanks. Have to be very carefull with Craigslist and such. So OP, what was the business that you went to for the rifle? If he is shady maybe we should all know so we don't use that business.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    We met in a public parking next to a heavily travelled highway. He said he was a contractor and sent a sub to his house to get it and meet me.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I use CL all the time. Nothing but good results. I can normally sell stuff in hours and have scored some quality things off of there.

No guns allowed although they still pop up once in awhile. Probably stolen or junks or cops.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Drove half an hour of a 40 minute drive once to have the guy text and say he wasn't gonna make it and if he still wanted he'd let me know in a few days. I told him don't bother I won't be setting up another meeting with him after wasting my time

Top Bottom