The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I had a few comments along this line of thinking but it is best left in the closet.
    MrJ you can believe as you wish. I know you are not a 2 party guy but seriously, if he had even been accused of this it would have gone Nuclear on the main stream Bravo Sierra channels.
    My spouse is a news junky and we have not heard anything about this. Does not mean a lot that we haven't but seriously.....:dunno:

They ignore stuff from Clinton AND Trump when it suits them. This has been in the news for months and ignored primarily by the Trumpkins. I'd imagine Clinton isn't using it because Bill is also connected to the paedophile. They don't want to bring Billy boy down with Trump.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yes very similar once one party rule is achieved its only a matter of time. Today the 1% soon the top 50%. This is a Social Democratic system we all give into a big pot and the government gives it out as it sees fit.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The truth is that he who washed his hands actively tried to avoid the sacrifice presented to him by an angry mob.

Trump supporters willingly, nay zealously, sacrificed the GOP in the primaries.

Using your own reasoning, does not the manus lavit analogy include Trump supporters, including yourself?

You may also wish to consider that the hand washing was used along with a number of other devices as Pilate (who hated Jews) mocked the Passover ceremony for the purpose of being an ass, but served the purpose of God by performing the Passover ceremony over Christ as the final Passover lamb in spite of his less than honorable intentions.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Look, at this point, if DJT wins, I'm going to start believing in manifest destiny. (Well, I'll still be skeptical.)

Your reference is to a small, but important, role player. No less important than the betrayer, without whom the story would not be possible.

Personally, I think history will remember Trump as a footnote, an also ran. Somewhere between John Anderson and George Wallace. A 3rd party candidate who managed to hijack a major party. Political Science classes will use him as a reference like General Winfield Scott as the last nominee of a party that collapsed, and split.

Speaking of historical footnotes, the Smiths and Joneses may win in absolute numbers, but John Anderson is the most common first/last name combination among English speaking people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, character doesn't count? Maybe that's why we're in the mess we're in. Folks like you don't give a rip about politicians character and it reflects on the nation. Thanks a lot.
    When every candidate in the race has severe and deep character flaws, then character drops off the equasion.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, now the would be tyrant wants to federalise all the police in the US and do away with PC. This alone should disqualify him from the job, but his supporters don't care. They'd rather live in a police state.

Trump Announces Plan to Federalize American Police Departments

NEW YORK, Ny. – Less than twenty-four hours after accepting his party’s nomination and delivering the longest acceptance speech in nearly four decades, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump unveiled his plan to restore law and order in America, which he bleakly described as being under siege by illegal immigrants, the Islamic State, and race-related violence.
    “We’re going to put an end to that,” Trump said during a post-convention interview with The New York Times. “We’re going to federalize every police department in this country. We’re going to eliminate the red tape and it’s going to give police the ability to do their jobs effectively and, believe me, this is something that’s going to happen within my first one hundred days in office.”

Under Trump’s plan, city and state police departments would fall under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Security and would therefore be granted broad authorities to enforce the law. “They’re going to receive the best weapons, training, and resources this country has to offer,” Trump promised. “We’re going to put an end to jurisdictional restrictions and increase police capabilities in terms of surveillance and the use of deadly force. Not only that, we’re going to eliminate this so-called standard for probable cause; it’s very limiting and, frankly, outdated. Our police forces are going to have much more freedom in terms of who they can arrest and why.”

And, according to his mouthpiece Giulliani he want 800K more cops. As if we didn't have enough problems.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    mrjarrell, is that legitimate?

There is actually so much crap being put out that is so distorted right now; it's tough to believe anything.

the articles that Johnson is dropping out or that Weld is endorsing Clinton are originating with the leftist sites and people here are laughing at it and helping spread it (helping Hillary really, because she is the one with a lead to lose)

Wikileaks is about the only honest reporting at the moment,

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That article is actually somewhat old news, from right after the convention.

It was real, until it wasn't, and it still might be.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I found my answer. Interesting admission from Team Trump, they know they're losing... but they're telling people they're winning because optimism. I don't blame them, it's really the only way to get people out to vote.

Inside the Trump Bunker, With 12 Days to Go - Bloomberg

CvxwNdmUMAE7x6v.jpg:large

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, those bringing up Reagan as an example of a late-game comeback.

No. That would require a candidate that could put on an amazing debate performance. This candidate can't.

Reagan's late-breaking surge that year is generally attributed to the only presidential debate between Carter and Reagan -- held one week before the election, on Oct. 28 -- which seemed to move voter preferences in Reagan's direction, as well as the ongoing Iran hostage crisis, which reached its one-year anniversary on Election Day.

Late Upsets Are Rare, but Have Happened | Gallup

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think I posted awhile back a link to a breakdown of that election, and why it isn't what people are saying it was.

Mythologies beget myths and dreams....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom