• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I gotta ask, do you guys actually LIKE INGO? Because there sure seems to be an awful lot of hatred for the board in general and the staff in particular. You obviously know that there are two other websites that serve Indiana gun owners, so there are other places to go. Both are used to stage attacks against INGO on a regular basis, although the staff does not allow a bad word against either of those two sites. I've seen what people say about me, in particular, and the rest of the staff, in general, on those sites and those posters should be ashamed of themselves. And yes, some of those posters come right back here and smile right in my face as they tell me what great friends we are.

I constantly hear complaints about what a terrible job we do running this board, but it's always from the people who are doing their best to irritate and annoy both the staff and other members, all while staying JUST this side of the line that will get them an infraction or worse, because then they can claim innocence and complain that the staff is being unfair. I hear complaints of "us versus them", but I never see anything from the complainers to try to address that problem. In fact, just now, I saw one of the staff members attempt to shed a little light on why we do what we do and he was attacked for it. I, myself, rarely post anymore simply because I'm tired of being told that everything I do is wrong and I should "have a thicker skin", because apparently it's OK to be constantly attacked and I should never attempt to defend myself (yes, it pretty much doesn't matter what I do as a moderator, someone will tell me that). In fact, I read a few threads in the last couple of weeks basically burning me in effigy, even though I was not involved in those threads in any way whatsoever. You seem to want us to keep order and enforce the rules, but the minute we do, we get complaints about it. We've even had several of the staff stalked by members for enforcing the rules, to the point where we've had to get the police involved.

So my question, and I ask this with all honesty and humility, is do you actually like INGO? If not, why do you stay? If you do like INGO, what would motivate you to go out of your way to "stir the pot"? You have to know that doing so is counter-productive. It harms INGO. Do you, as fully grown adults, really have nothing better to do than troll INGO? If you like INGO and want it to succeed, what will you be willing to do to help that along? Are you willing to do something other than complain about the staff and take shots? Are you willing to step up and actually be a positive force for change?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    are you fishing for something to do?

IJ, it seems like you're the one fishing. Why can't you let this go? I've received PM's from those who should be the one's who really care about this. Maybe the changes will be approved, maybe not. Either way, I doubt if any of us will lose sleep over it. :dunno:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    To Scutter:

I have been to one of those two other websites and kind of see what you are talking about. I am guessing that the one I do not know about is where a lot of that stuff is going on.

As far as the "Us vs. Them". You are a Mod. Look at how a good deal of the LEOs complain about the "bashing" threads here. For the most part, INGO is a group of people who embrace freedom and the constitution. The position you hold on this board as a Mod, at times can take some of the "internet freedom" from these people. I highly doubt any of the members here have a personal issue with you, it is your position that they find difficult to accept. I have come to accept that when I read some of the threads about LEOs.

I also highly doubt that most of the members on the board want to actually harm INGO. Most of the time people are on the internet, on this board, and in this thread, is because they truthfully have nothing better to do. Although I will succeed that it may not always be in good taste, I would be willing to bet that a lot of that is taken as malicious may actually have been meant to be taken in a humorous light.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I gotta ask, do you guys actually LIKE INGO? Because there sure seems to be an awful lot of hatred for the board in general and the staff in particular. You obviously know that there are two other websites that serve Indiana gun owners, so there are other places to go. Both are used to stage attacks against INGO on a regular basis, although the staff does not allow a bad word against either of those two sites. I've seen what people say about me, in particular, and the rest of the staff, in general, on those sites and those posters should be ashamed of themselves. And yes, some of those posters come right back here and smile right in my face as they tell me what great friends we are.

I constantly hear complaints about what a terrible job we do running this board, but it's always from the people who are doing their best to irritate and annoy both the staff and other members, all while staying JUST this side of the line that will get them an infraction or worse, because then they can claim innocence and complain that the staff is being unfair. I hear complaints of "us versus them", but I never see anything from the complainers to try to address that problem. In fact, just now, I saw one of the staff members attempt to shed a little light on why we do what we do and he was attacked for it. I, myself, rarely post anymore simply because I'm tired of being told that everything I do is wrong and I should "have a thicker skin", because apparently it's OK to be constantly attacked and I should never attempt to defend myself (yes, it pretty much doesn't matter what I do as a moderator, someone will tell me that). In fact, I read a few threads in the last couple of weeks basically burning me in effigy, even though I was not involved in those threads in any way whatsoever. You seem to want us to keep order and enforce the rules, but the minute we do, we get complaints about it. We've even had several of the staff stalked by members for enforcing the rules, to the point where we've had to get the police involved.

So my question, and I ask this with all honesty and humility, is do you actually like INGO? If not, why do you stay? If you do like INGO, what would motivate you to go out of your way to "stir the pot"? You have to know that doing so is counter-productive. It harms INGO. Do you, as fully grown adults, really have nothing better to do than troll INGO? If you like INGO and want it to succeed, what will you be willing to do to help that along? Are you willing to do something other than complain about the staff and take shots? Are you willing to step up and actually be a positive force for change?

I like INGO for some things, and less for others. I enjoy the break room, always have, and I like socializing with people. That's me.

As for INS, I enjoy that site more, but I don't think that should be something that classifies you as a good or bad person. As far as "staging attacks" .... :dunno:

As a "support staff" member there, what I have been told is pretty much, we don't stop people from saying what they want. If they want to say something about this or any other site, I can't really say "oh no, you can't say that" because that goes against the "you can say what you want."

Sure if someone posts a threat to another member physically, or illegal, I'm going to take it down. But if someone wants to say how much they hate this or that, or think that this site or that site is bad... that's their right.

I think INGO has several positive qualities, but I also think there are attitudes and actions taken on BOTH sides (members/admin staff) that make me enjoy it less. I've met VUPD/Que in real life and I think their great people. I have nothing against them.

I've never met any of the other admin (maybe the one who worked at bradis but I don't remember if I did when I was there or not.)

I will say that I started enjoying the site less when you specifically Scutter threw a tantrum back in December and banned several people for what seemed like trivial reasons. I also know that you wanted to ban me for asking if you were serious and trying to rationally discuss the issue with you. Maybe you were having a bad day... I dunno.

During that same incident, I saw Fenway laugh and make a joke about what IM said (and it honestly seemed genuine) in a post, but then the next day Fenway's enjoyment of the post was removed, and IM banned for the very post that the ADMIN seemed to enjoy. That seems shady to me.

SO anyway, to answer your question... Yes, I like INGO. I don't like everything about it, but that's why I visit both sites. That's why I treat INGO like Church, and INS like the local pub.

I keep to the break room because it's what I enjoy. Occasionally I find a thread to post in out and about the site, and I feel like it's a quality post. I have even been repped by mods here because of them.

I hope that answers your question. I would have probably rather sent this in a PM, but the question was asked in the open, so I replied in the open.

Now I really am going to go do my homework.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom