Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Hecks yeah!

You really reeeally need to come to this next one!:ar15:

I'm gonna try. Just being in the far northwest corner of the state seems to be a pain to gettin out. It seems like most of the members are either in Indy or within an hour of Indy.

But, who's kidding who, melensdad has a thing every Wednesday about 10 minutes from my house and I still haven't made one. Wife works and gotta watch the kids, LOL!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Scutter, I have never had a warning or ban on INGO but I do not do personal attacks or try and pick fights. However, one major complaint I hear from INGO members I know is that favoritism is shown by mods for their friends and they are allowed to get away with a lot more than others. I think a lot of the current climate on INGO was brought on by letting the cliques get so big that it became "us vs them" and several members who are here only to post political arguments and not contribute one bit to the gun community on here. We are a gun board not a political board to debate about how bad the cops are in a video from California but a lot of fighting and name calling comes out of that one forum and probably more than any other.

My take on the "mods are evil" part of this forum is that most people who get banned are usually those who deserve getting banned. However, the mods should not go on tantrums and do some of the very things that other members get banned for on here if they want the respect of the membership. Scutter, I have never had a problem with you but it seems you are mentioned way more than any other mod for problems with people so maybe there is something there? Finally, I love spending time on INGO and will continue to do so and being that Fenway is the owner we can follow his rules or go elsewhere. Pretty simple really:ingo:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Ironjaw, just for clarification, were you a Jail Officer working in a County jail (or "jailhouse" ;)), or a Correctional Officer, working for the DOC or a private agency in a Correctional Facility? :dunno:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'm really envious you got a SCAR. I have been saying I wanted to buy one for some time. I am a die hard FNH guy. I have the $$ for one but I can't rationalize spending it.

After shooting the 16 I knew I'd never buy another ar. After shooting the 17 I'll never buy another .308.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    No video needed, just a summary of your thoughts on the rifle. Likes and dislikes.

Only 1 dislike. When raising the cheek piece it feels like someone is punching you in the cheek.

The muzzle blast sucks to the sides. But that could also be because I'm not shooting it at the moment.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Well I was away for awhile so I guess I can help out with why I asked to get my name changed!! I asked that they drop of the 49031 from HandK that is my home zip code, Me being LEO and this being the interwebs it was probably not the brightest thing I have done was to put up my home zip code for the world to see, I asked for the safety of my family to have this dropped! Not just because I had grown tired of my old name, I did it for the safety of my wife and kids!! If any one wanted to know that All they had to do was PM me and I would have passed the information along to them no one asked why, and I didn't really want to post my reason on the web for all to see for the same reason I wanted it dropped, I wonder how many people are looking it up rite now!! (kidding not really that paranoid) But I thank the Mods and the staff for changing it, and think they are doing a bang up job, I meen without a good reason people will want their named changed every time they buy a different gun! just my two cents worth!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Well I was away for awhile so I guess I can help out with why I asked to get my name changed!! I asked that they drop of the 49031 from HandK that is my home zip code, Me being LEO and this being the interwebs it was probably not the brightest thing I have done was to put up my home zip code for the world to see, I asked for the safety of my family to have this dropped! Not just because I had grown tired of my old name, I did it for the safety of my wife and kids!! If any one wanted to know that All they had to do was PM me and I would have passed the information along to them no one asked why, and I didn't really want to post my reason on the web for all to see for the same reason I wanted it dropped, I wonder how many people are looking it up rite now!! (kidding not really that paranoid) But I thank the Mods and the staff for changing it, and think they are doing a bang up job, I meen without a good reason people will want their named changed every time they buy a different gun! just my two cents worth!

You still can't have Irishfan regardless of your reasons. You know you wish you had it instead of a couple silly letters:):

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Well I was away for awhile so I guess I can help out with why I asked to get my name changed!! I asked that they drop of the 49031 from HandK that is my home zip code, Me being LEO and this being the interwebs it was probably not the brightest thing I have done was to put up my home zip code for the world to see, I asked for the safety of my family to have this dropped! Not just because I had grown tired of my old name, I did it for the safety of my wife and kids!! If any one wanted to know that All they had to do was PM me and I would have passed the information along to them no one asked why, and I didn't really want to post my reason on the web for all to see for the same reason I wanted it dropped, I wonder how many people are looking it up rite now!! (kidding not really that paranoid) But I thank the Mods and the staff for changing it, and think they are doing a bang up job, I meen with a good reason people will want their named changed every time they buy a different gun! just my two cents worth!

I'll add to this. I requested that my name be changed because, it includes my LEO badge number. After discussing this with several other LEOs, I learned that it was even dumber to have that as part of an user name on an internet forum than to have your home zip code posted :):. Yes it was my fault and I should not have ever requested that name. However, I was made aware of the error on my part, I notified INGO staff, and they saw fit to make the changes, making it possible for me to continue using this forum.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Scutter, I have never had a warning or ban on INGO but I do not do personal attacks or try and pick fights. However, one major complaint I hear from INGO members I know is that favoritism is shown by mods for their friends and they are allowed to get away with a lot more than others. I think a lot of the current climate on INGO was brought on by letting the cliques get so big that it became "us vs them" and several members who are here only to post political arguments and not contribute one bit to the gun community on here. We are a gun board not a political board to debate about how bad the cops are in a video from California but a lot of fighting and name calling comes out of that one forum and probably more than any other.

We hear the "favoritism" complaint a lot too. Every single time we've asked for specifics, the complainer just claims we're not doing our jobs. We don't play favorites that I am aware of. Even Site Advertisers get infractions. We don't discuss the details, which is probably why people assume that others "get away" with things.

I also understand about the "political arguments" argument, but my response to you is that they're not breaking the rules. Some people are only here for the classifieds, some are only here for the post whore thread. And some are only here for the General Politics forum. Should we summarily ban someone who is not otherwise breaking the rules just because you're tired of hearing what they have to say? Can you imagine how THAT would go over? People already complain that we ban people for no good reason. You say "We're a gun board, not a political board", but yet you're posting that right here in a thread and sub-forum that is specifically off-limits to gun talk.

My take on the "mods are evil" part of this forum is that most people who get banned are usually those who deserve getting banned. However, the mods should not go on tantrums and do some of the very things that other members get banned for on here if they want the respect of the membership. Scutter, I have never had a problem with you but it seems you are mentioned way more than any other mod for problems with people so maybe there is something there? Finally, I love spending time on INGO and will continue to do so and being that Fenway is the owner we can follow his rules or go elsewhere. Pretty simple really:ingo:

You want to know the last time I permabanned anyone? It's been at least six months. I gave one member a week vacation recently for saying some extremely obnoxious and distasteful things to another mod. That's it. Again, you say that mods "do some of the very things that other members get banned for" and again I say that when we've asked for specifics, we get nothing.

I get accused of a LOT of things. Most of it is by people who have no idea what they're talking about, weren't involved in whatever the thing was they're accusing me of, and have no business making those accusations. You'll forgive me if that occasionally upsets me. If you like, I can try to point you back to when I tried to get the LEOs and the anti-LEOs to stop fighting with each other. Instead of cooperation, I got called things that I wouldn't repeat to my mother, including the word "traitor", and I was physically threatened for my efforts. Those accusations came from both sides. We walk a razor fine line and we can't possibly make everybody happy.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    To Handk and Kick:

After so many JBT threads I'm just glad you stayed. Every year this forum gets full of this hell and brimstone, mostly directed towards police.

Thanks for putting up with all of the garbage.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

I don't think you need to explain anything to anybody. You explained why you wanted it changed and it went to a vote between all of the mods.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to want their zip or badge # removed.

Mine was changed due to being in the right place at the right time. It wasn't nearly as necessary to get it changed as you guys, so I offered to have it changed back but was told it's not necessary.

All of the complaining around here is getting(HAS GOTTEN) old...Unless someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read and post here, there's really no need for it.

But I suppose I should probably practice what I preach and not post in certain threads myself.:):

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    To Handk and Kick:

After so many JBT threads I'm just glad you stayed. Every year this forum gets full of this hell and brimstone, mostly directed towards police.

Thank you my friend!! :D I really do love INGO!! it's a great place to hang out, and I have made some good friends in the meantime!! :ingo:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    To Handk and Kick:

Thanks for putting up with our garbage and smiling about it! :rockwoot:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    We hear the "favoritism" complaint a lot too. Every single time we've asked for specifics, the complainer just claims we're not doing our jobs. We don't play favorites that I am aware of. Even Site Advertisers get infractions. We don't discuss the details, which is probably why people assume that others "get away" with things.

I also understand about the "political arguments" argument, but my response to you is that they're not breaking the rules. Some people are only here for the classifieds, some are only here for the post whore thread. And some are only here for the General Politics forum. Should we summarily ban someone who is not otherwise breaking the rules just because you're tired of hearing what they have to say? Can you imagine how THAT would go over? People already complain that we ban people for no good reason. You say "We're a gun board, not a political board", but yet you're posting that right here in a thread and sub-forum that is specifically off-limits to gun talk.

You want to know the last time I permabanned anyone? It's been at least six months. I gave one member a week vacation recently for saying some extremely obnoxious and distasteful things to another mod. That's it. Again, you say that mods "do some of the very things that other members get banned for" and again I say that when we've asked for specifics, we get nothing.

I get accused of a LOT of things. Most of it is by people who have no idea what they're talking about, weren't involved in whatever the thing was they're accusing me of, and have no business making those accusations. You'll forgive me if that occasionally upsets me. If you like, I can try to point you back to when I tried to get the LEOs and the anti-LEOs to stop fighting with each other. Instead of cooperation, I got called things that I wouldn't repeat to my mother, including the word "traitor", and I was physically threatened for my efforts. Those accusations came from both sides. We walk a razor fine line and we can't possibly make everybody happy.

Scutter, you asked a question and I answered it from my view and what I have seen others post or tell me in person. I don't want anyone banned because of me not agreeing with what they say but I was pointing out that the politics section is where most arguments that I see come from. Also, I enjoy the politics section as it gives us all somewhere to debate things but could easily do without it as well.

As far as the disputes with you I don't get into that either as I have never had one with you or any mods and personally think your job would be a headache. It is amazing how often adults can act like infant children and I wouldn't be as patient as the mod staff at times. Now, this doesn't sound fair but all of you as mods are held to a different standard here just as police officers are in the real world. If you bash me openly here then you will here a lot of crap(well maybe not me) but if it were say HandK telling me where to go then it would be looked at as something different. I will admit that is not fair but its the nature of the beast for all of you as mods and part of the job.

Scutter, I am not trying to bash you with my comments but pointing out that you are the one brought up most but a lot of that could come from the posters you butted heads with as well. The cliques on here are pretty big at times or were since some of the "ring leaders" aren't here anymore and if you get on one then its like getting on the whole pack. I have met VUPDblue and Que both in person and they came off as good guys and I am sure that the other staff members are the same way as we all need to remember this is the internet and not to take stuff personal.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    But I suppose I should probably practice what I preach and not post in certain threads myself.:):
    Hypocrite

Thank you my friend!! :D I really do love INGO!! it's a great place to hang out, and I have made some good friends in the meantime!! :ingo:
    Only until you brag about the jackboots

Thanks for putting up with our garbage and smiling about it! :rockwoot:
    Only to your face

To all above....I keed I keed:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom