DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sweet!

Also... Am I to understand that you don't have a grinder and cut off wheel? Man... It's some money very well spent to get one. Cutoff wheel is one of my top 10 tool all-stars.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think I need one. I don't have need of one very often, but at times like this it sure would come in handy, so maybe a trip to Harbor Freight is in order.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sweet!

Also... Am I to understand that you don't have a grinder and cut off wheel? Man... It's some money very well spent to get one. Cutoff wheel is one of my top 10 tool all-stars.
    They are both handy. My cut off wheel also taught me something else... what a joke thinking a safe would be impenetrable would. You use them a few times on hardened steel and see that wheel go through it like a hot knife through butter and you just shake your head.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My dad gave me a big L head grinder years ago, before I got the impact drive I sometimes used it to sharpen my mower blades while still attached.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yeah, I'm beginning to think I need one. I don't have need of one very often, but at times like this it sure would come in handy, so maybe a trip to Harbor Freight is in order.

You absolutely do need one. A decent angle grinder, some cut off wheels, and some heavy gauge knotted wire cup brushes were so life changing to me that I considered starting a religion around them.

Also highly recommended as part of that overall purchase:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Clear-Professional-Face-Shield-90028-80025/202195394

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    They are both handy. My cut off wheel also taught me something else... what a joke thinking a safe would be impenetrable would. You use them a few times on hardened steel and see that wheel go through it like a hot knife through butter and you just shake your head.

Yessiree.... That's why I don't feel bad about having a Sentry safe. It will keep kids and meth heads out and I can tell the insurance company "I tried!!!".

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    You know, that's good advice. :yesway:

I also wear glasses under mine. The glasses are "OK" for eye protection, but digging brush wires out of my face got old, never mind a big chunk of exploding death wheel (which, fortunately, hasn't happened to me).

What I really want is one of the face mask/respirator combos, but, those are priced a bit out of my league at the moment.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well there you go time to head to Harbor Freight.

Agreed. HFT isn't great, but it will get you started and is a bazillion times better than "no gun".

Back, and the problem bolt is gone! Can't beat it... 10 bucks for the grinder, 6 bucks for a 10 pack of cutoff wheels and 4 bucks for the face mask. Now I can get this puppy put back together and get my car back in the garage. :rockwoot:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Back, and the problem bolt is gone! Can't beat it... 10 bucks for the grinder, 6 bucks for a 10 pack of cutoff wheels and 4 bucks for the face mask. Now I can get this puppy put back together and get my car back in the garage. :rockwoot:

Watch those cheepie HFT discs... More prone to explosions in my experience. That would probably be my first suggested upgrade to that system of tools.

That said...

[video=youtube;NsUFBm1uENs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsUFBm1uENs[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom