• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Got my email confirmation for Illinois state IDPA. It's on!

:) now it is officially a party. If you weren't there last year, they did a great job with tee shirts and trophies & have some pretty cool electrically triggered targets & it was very well run.

My two lessons from last year.

Bratwurst & potatoe salad & chips & cookies does not leave me feeling perky for the stages after lunch.

One free beer after the match is ok, the second free beer does not leave me feeling perky for the drive home afterwards.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    :) now it is officially a party. If you weren't there last year, they did a great job with tee shirts and trophies & have some pretty cool electrically triggered targets & it was very well run.

My two lessons from last year.

Bratwurst & potatoe salad & chips & cookies does not leave me feeling perky for the stages after lunch.

One free beer after the match is ok, the second free beer does not leave me feeling perky for the drive home afterwards.

Haha, nice. Not counting on any trophies but will take a t-shirt. Beer count will depend on the car pool situation and the day's performance!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Anyone on the fence about the Indiana state IDPA match, it appears that there are only 14 slots left.

RB is planning to do the now annual mulligan match Saturday.

I've got the lake bay as an open stage (some barrels but no tall cover). Set it up deliberatly so that; you have to use safe gun handling skills while moving backward a little bit and parallel a little bit, you have the potential to reach for a mag and muzzle your hand, and trigger calls should be easy to see. No hazards that aren't there at about any match, but was hoping that this would be a good stage for folks to practice doing things right, (else I go DQ crazy and we are all back home early :) ).

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I've never shot any competitions or anything like that before. Would coming Saturday be beneficial? I'm not great with a handgun and I want to push to get better. What do I need? Mag carrier? Dual mag carrier? Shoot me vest? My friend Chase normally goes to these and of course the first one I have time for he can't make.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've never shot any competitions or anything like that before. Would coming Saturday be beneficial? I'm not great with a handgun and I want to push to get better. What do I need? Mag carrier? Dual mag carrier? Shoot me vest? My friend Chase normally goes to these and of course the first one I have time for he can't make.

Yep, gun a couple or three mags, ammo..... Probably 200 rounds should cover the "if only I had another chance" match. Vest, a willingness to reset stages and keeping the muzzle away from the crowd are also requirements.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    As much as I wanted to, I can't make this match or probably any other Indiana matches for a while. We're moving to Ohio. It's been good shooting with you gents. Maybe sometime if I'm visiting back home I can make one with y'all.

There's also major matches. I'd like to sign up for the IN Match but don't know what life will hold yet. I figure I can get on as staff later. It would be GREAT to SO Jeff, Brad and Don at a major!

Top Bottom