• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We love bacon. Have a favorite or unusual way to cook it or use it in a recipe? Please share it here.

NO TURKEY BACON ALLOWED.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll go first. Crock pot cabbage & bacon.

Ingredients---

Bacon
    Head of cabbage
    1/4 - 1/2 cup of Olive oil or Avocado oil
    Spices or seasonings

Quarted the cabbage and place what you can in the bottom of the crock pot. Cover it with bacon. Pour half of your oil over the top and add your spices. Place the rest of the cabbage on top and repeat the process of bacon, oil and spices.

Cook on low for about 5 hours.

Enjoy! The bacon melts in your mouth like cotton candy.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I bake my bacon. Don't preheat the oven. Layout bacon on pan of choice (I use cast iron) cook at 425, check at 20 minutes usually takes 25 depending on thickness.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Filling: cream cheese lemon juice, black pepper, sun dried tomatoes, minced garlic crab meat (optional)

Remove top, membranes and seeds from jalapeños, mix the filling to taste, scoop into a ziplock bag with one corner cut off, squeeze filling into peppers.

Wrap with a slice of bacon, skewer with a presoaked toothpick, toss on the grill or in the oven. By the time the bacon is done, everything else will be perfect.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bacon mayonnaise.

Ingredients:

1 egg
    Salt & pepper
    Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
    Up to 1 cup of unfiltered bacon grease.
    Olivie oil or avocado oil (if you don't have enough bacon fat.)

I use a wide mouth mason jar and a stick blender. I'm sure it can be done another way but I have a stick blender so that's all I've used.

The ingredients need to go into the jar in the following order. Failure to do so can result in them not emulsifying and not working.

First the egg. Then salt and pepper to you liking (I use a little dill weed for added flavor). A tablespoon or 2 of lemon juice or vinegar. Measure for bacon fat and top it off if you need to with the other oil making 1 cup. (Heat the bacon grease up so it's not a solid anymore makes it much easier.)

Put the stick blender all the way to the bottom of the jar and start it. With in 5 seconds, it should start to become white and creamy at the bottom. Move the blender up and down a few times to blend it all. You shouldn't have to run the blender more than 30 seconds.

Refrigerate and enjoy.

Top Bottom