• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Hey just figured I would share a bit, Me and the Girlfreind went to the gun show this weekend in SouthBend, She is 21 on the 17th and we are going down this coming week to apply for the license. I turned 21 in June and purchased a beretta 92fs, we have been together better than 5 yrs. and known eachother longer so not just some kids fling with guns, we have been skeet shooting together since I was 18, We own 12 & 20 gua. 870's
    we went around and got a feel for a couple of things she might like. She was pretty much set on a mid size 9mm, we went down to midwest and she really liked the H&K p30 although that was i think wednesday when I went back Friday it was gone.
    So I heard about the gun show, we went down figured we would feel around and if nothing better we would find the P30 and take it home.
    Well there was'nt a p30 in the place, we felt and we felt. It seemed like we felt about every gun at the show weather she even considered it or not.
    I had originally kind of pushed for the Sig p226 "of course this started out as an exuse to buy a new gun" but she had shot me down I was just fine with the H&K idea though.
    We had basicly only been looking at New. She finally strolls over to a used table "by now I'm off in space" and I finally hear the "This One" I look down and to my relief It is a excellent condtition W. German nickle plated Sig p226 w/ NS's The numbers all match which I had to check because the barrel had a VERY minimal amount of wear and if I had to guess I would have to say it did'nt have 100 rnds through it. the night sights glow bright. It came with original red velvet box, papers and Proof "the target" the nickle mag did'nt even have any wear from being slid in and out. the date ended up being 1987 which happens to be the year I was born "it is in better shape than I am though"
    all and all I am jealous :): but I cannot wait to see her in her little red jeep with the top and doors off open carrying this thing.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Congrats on the find at the show. Pics are in order though. Also I have to agree with some others. If she likes guns and enjoys shooting she's a keeper for sure.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    okay trying this, sorry I use the internet at school and snapped some pics real quick before I left and according to the g/f I'm a bad picture taker. "I'm in a night class I go for automotive"
    its not real clean we just got it this weekend and its just a carry gun so we have severely fondled it, and the pics dont do it much justice with the flash and all.
    hogue's are cheap and comfortable so I find them a must right off, and I like how they wrap all the way around on the Sigs., I like the sights being night sights and replaceable, the trigger feels nice and I dont know if it is stock or not.
    I wish I could show the barrel and inside a bit better mabey I'll be able to get some better ones up later, it did'nt appear to be shot much at all, but I dont know if the few times that it was shot, it was ever cleaned mabey oiled I dont think whoever knew how to take it appart .....but I cleaned the inside and it just seems to have very little wear inside I think it probly did alot of sitting around.
    2mhvqmp.jpg

2vjaglt.jpg

Top Bottom