• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The rear brake is not really needed on a sport bike ridden on the street. But on the track it "can" be used to set the bike up for a turn, but this should only be done after training as you can find yourself in the kitty litter real quick.

Here is a supermoto video of Biaggi and Hayden. you will notice how the rear is sliding going into the turn almost sideways, they are using the rear brake to set the bike up for the corner.

Cool vid too.
    YouTube - Nicky Hayden Super Moto

supermoto rules!

$30 trackdays FTW.
    CIMG0884-1-1.jpg

Not quite Nicky level, But I'm workin on it!

Once the weather gets better, there's usually a weekly ride at New Castle. No dirt section, but good times nonetheless. There's another track near Greenwood that might have weekly trackdays too.
    New Castle 2008 Info..Dates..Discussion - Supermoto Junkie

squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    OK, I have been schooled. Super moto guys are freakin nuts. I just found out about that last year when I started riding on the street again. Lets see, I want to take some slicks and ride in the dirt, then I want to take those dusty slicks and rail through a corner. I think I will feel safer sticking to the asphalt. My balls arn't big enough to try dirt.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Repeat after me: $30 trackdays..... tires that last more than a weekend.... crash damage usually less than $50 ....:D

Do it!

OK, when the wifey is pissed off because I came home with a new bike I am sending her your way.

BTW I will be at the dealer show this weekend lusting over all the goodies.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    OK, when the wifey is pissed off because I came home with a new bike I am sending her your way.

BTW I will be at the dealer show this weekend lusting over all the goodies.

I'll have my fiancé talk to her. It'll be all good. :D

(just to be safe, you should also include $ for flowers and something pretty and shiny in the bike budget) :laugh:

There are plenty of really good deals on supermotojunkie.com for bikes.
    And, think of all the money you'll save by supplementing the track habit with supermoto! $30 instead of $160, it just makes good financial sense!

Did I mention its usually open practice format? Go out when ya want for as long as ya want!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Finally put the street clothes on the bike

Penske Triple clicker shock
    Front end work
    STM Slipper
    Zard Full system
    PCIII w/ Custom map
    Ti fasteners everywhere
    Woodcraft Rearsets, clip-ons and case covers
    Puig double bubble screen
    520 conv. w/ ZZZ chain

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    My KTM supermoto

I also have a Triumph 675. Slipper clutch, Penske triple, Zard full system, PCIII w/ map among other things.
    Haven't ridden it yet. Converted it to a track bike and just haven't been able to get it out yet. I'm probably going to put it back into street form since track time is gonna be scarce this season. Damn shame, since I've beaten on 675s before, and they're the best handling track bikes I've ever ridden.

PAST BIKES

Greatest streetbike I ever owned (Surprisingly good trackbike too! runs A pace on street tires easily enough. Get killed on the long straight at Putnam, but rocked in the back section) I nearly cried when I sold that one. :(

GSXR-750 that I lovingly called the "Stupid Gixxer" Great bike, don't really miss it though.

Duc 749R track bike. I miss that one.
    IMG_0042.jpg
    Oh Damn!! Why'd you get rid of the R?

Here's my 2001 748S. Wish it was an R but oh well!
    f64c0b318143f131a35fb70cead096bc.jpg

Top Bottom