• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I guess someone who rudely sits in the left lane with no other cars anywhere nearby deserves a "pretty please with sugar on top, move your car out of my way while I patiently wait 300 yards back and flash my lights at you" response.

Throw a turd at me and you'll get the same response. I don't tailgate those that use what the passing lane is for but I'll get close to the jerks that are nothing but inconsiderate of others.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I guess someone who rudely sits in the left lane with no other cars anywhere nearby deserves a "pretty please with sugar on top, move your car out of my way while I patiently wait 300 yards back and flash my lights at you" response.

Throw a turd at me and you'll get the same response. I don't tailgate those that use what the passing lane is for but I'll get close to the jerks that are nothing but inconsiderate of others.
    I threw nothing...I made a general comment. If you took it personally...that's on you. I just don't see how anyone justifies whining about not being allowed to speed because someone else is not. And riding someone's ass is not inconsiderate? Of course...what was I thinking...they were in your way!!! Silly me...

And just for thought...if everyone was doing the speed limit...everyone would be going with the flow of traffic...yes?

Last edited:

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    "...And hauling balls and running up on slower traffic with your head out the window screaming "Get out of my way you stupid SOB...you're breaking the law" probably isn't the correct response. :rolleyes: That makes as much sense as "Move you b*st*rd so I can speed". Please...

Move you b*st*rd so I can speed".

I'm designing a bumper sticker right now for that!!!

Backwards so left lane losers can see it in their mirror.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Taking a moment to reconsider my position...I realize I was wrong. How I would handle the guy in the left lane that is in my way is this... Take your cell and dial 911 to report it. Here's how the conversation with dispatch might go....

"Hello, 911 operator? I want to report a dangerous driver on I-465 west bound at the 7 mile marker."

"Is he speeding? Well...no..."

"Is he weaving recklessly? Well...no..."

"Is he drunk? Well...no..."

"Is he running people off the road? Well...no..."

"But let me tell you what he is doing!!! He's driving the damn speed limit in the far left lane and he won't get out of my way so I can speed. Lady...I'm in a hurry...and in case you didn't know it...I'm a very important person around town...ask all my friends...they are both home so you can call and check. And for your information I pay your damn salary...so you better get this guy out of my way!!!! I have to get my kid to little league practice on time!!!!" :xmad:

*click*

"Hello? Hello??"

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    PS, I'm not saying you are throwing a turd at me, I'm talking about those who have no courtesy toward me shouldn't expect any in return.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Taking a moment to reconsider my position...I realize I was wrong. How I would handle the guy in the left lane that is in my way is this... Take your cell and dial 911 to report it. Here's how the conversation with dispatch might go....

"Hello, 911 operator? I want to report a dangerous driver on I-465 west bound at the 7 mile marker."

"Is he speeding? Well...no..."

"Is he weaving recklessly? Well...no..."

"Is he drunk? Well...no..."

"Is he running people off the road? Well...no..."

"But let me tell you what he is doing!!! He's driving the damn speed limit in the far left lane and he won't get out of my way so I can speed. Lady...I'm in a hurry...and in case you didn't know it...I'm a very important person around town...ask all my friends...they are both home so you can call and check. And for your information I pay your damn salary...so you better get this guy out of my way!!!! I have to get my kid to little league parctice on time!!!!" :xmad:

"Hello? Hello??"

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why not. They can call for chicken nuggets.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    You aren't on the road to regulate traffic. Move the hell over when someone wants by. It's up to them to decide how much they are willing to risk by speeding, NOT YOU.
    I know I'm not on the road to regulate traffic, that is why I maintain my speed and not adjust to others that want to drive faster. They can wait their turn if they want by.

I love f*cking hypocrites. YOU decide how much YOU want to go over the speed limit and set your cruise for it and won't move over for ANYONE ELSE who wants to go a bit faster...
    Why the name calling? I will move over when I am clear to do so on the right lane and not one second sooner...those behind can just wait.

What if that person is in a hurry for a reason? What if they usually go slower than YOU but this time they NEED to be moving? They are breaking the law LESS frequently or LESS seriously as you ALWAYS do but YOU have to regulate them and how fast THEY can go NOW when YOU are on the road?
    I'm not about to speed up because someone behind me is in a hurry. If I'm in the left lane, it's because I am in the passing mode, one I am done passing I will return to the right lane, so anyone that wants to pass me will have to friggin wait until I return to the right lane...How the heck is that regulating others speed?

Give me a friggin' break!

I move up on people's asses when they don't get out of the way for faster traffic. Sometimes I feel the need to go well over the limit, sometimes not. I ALWAYS look in my mirror and if I see someone coming, I move over as soon as it's possible. I don't act like a jackass and make them maneuver around THEN play games with them by slowing down or speeding up to keep them from passing me or someone else.

You sir are act like jackass on the road. Plain and simple.
    No, I am a responsible driver and drive quite sensibly...nothing jackass about it.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    So you are a responsible driver by who's standards? You set your cruise for what speed exactly? The limit?

You don't get to decide for others how fast or slow to drive, that is my point.

The rule is to move over for faster traffic, plain and simple.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    So you are a responsible driver by who's standards? You set your cruise for what speed exactly? The limit?

You don't get to decide for others how fast or slow to drive, that is my point.

The rule is to move over for faster traffic, plain and simple.

What part don't you understand??? Where did I decide other driver's speed?

I usually set my cruise right at or maybe up to 3-4 miles over the limit
    If I am in the left lane, I am in a passing mode.
    When I am done passing, I return to the right lane.
    While I am passing, I WILL NOT speed up because someone behind me wants to pass faster than I am passing. So, after I am finished passing and return to the right lane to allow faster drivers by, how is that regulating traffic? I am simply following the law.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    What part don't you understand??? Where did I decide other driver's speed?

I usually set my cruise right at or maybe up to 3-4 miles over the limit
    If I am in the left lane, I am in a passing mode.
    When I am done passing, I return to the right lane.
    While I am passing, I WILL NOT speed up because someone behind me wants to pass faster than I am passing. So, after I am finished passing and return to the right lane to allow faster drivers by, how is that regulating traffic? I am simply following the law.
    Why you... :xmad: How could you??? :D :cheers:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I'm sorry you don't see the PURE hypocrisy in that. YOU can decide for yourself how much you want to speed over the limit and use the left lane to do it but you'll be damned if someone wants to go a little faster than you?

The left lane IMHO (and others too) is for the fastest traffic, not just any and all traffic going one or 4 miles over the posted limit.

I don't mean to sound like I'm arguing with you but I just want you to understand my point. For you to decide that 3 or 4 over is good for you and the time you are spending in that lane and say that 10 over is too much for someone else just isn't right...

I surely don't expect you to slam on the gas pedal to get up and out of their way. It just seemed originally you wanted to be stubborn and inconveniencing to others.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'm sorry you don't see the PURE hypocrisy in that. YOU can decide for yourself how much you want to speed over the limit and use the left lane to do it but you'll be damned if someone wants to go a little faster than you?

That is why I will yield to them once I am done passing. How is that hypocritical? What I did say is that if while I am passing in the left lane, someone cruises up and rides my ass just a few feet away...I'll surely slow down, as their driving practices are definitely not safe and I will slow down so they understand their bad driving habit. Once they back off and give me some room, I'll continue with my passing and then return to the right lane.
    There is just no way, no how I will allow another driver intimidate me with their reckless tailgating to get me to move over, especially when I am passing cars already.
    I'd much prefer a driver flash their lights at me if they want by instead of the rude and unsafe tail gating.

The left lane IMHO (and others too) is for the fastest traffic, not just any and all traffic going one or 4 miles over the posted limit.

I don't mean to sound like I'm arguing with you but I just want you to understand my point. For you to decide that 3 or 4 over is good for you and the time you are spending in that lane and say that 10 over is too much for someone else just isn't right...
    I didn't say their speeding isn't right, it just isn't right for me.

I surely don't expect you to slam on the gas pedal to get up and out of their way. It just seemed originally you wanted to be stubborn and inconveniencing to others.
    Nope, I think you read into my statements what you wanted...I reread my original post and did not see what you did.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    OK I guess you don't get it.

It is like you butting in at the bar to tell someone who's on his 2nd beer in an hour that you are drinking 1 per hour and that's more than enough for you and he should stop because it may not be safe for you...

Top Bottom