• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But an advanced degree in, say, ME usually means the person is either pretty damn smart or works really hard to make up for it.
    That is kind of my point. You can be really intelligent and be a horrible student, and be a great student and not be all that intelligent. I, for one, never had the work ethic to be a good student.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was a terrible student. I have a great work ethic and have excelled at every every job I have ever had.

I don't know what my IQ is but mymilitarytest scores were hing enough for any MOS.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I was a terrible student. I have a great work ethic and have excelled at every every job I have ever had.

I don't know what my IQ is but mymilitarytest scores were hing enough for any MOS.
    I remember back in high school when we all took the ASVAB test. I think I had every recruiter in central Indiana getting in touch with me. Me and my best friend was going to go into the Navy in what would have been the 1st Richard Lugar Class sworn in at the 500. I did'nt sign up because I caught the recruiter lying to me so bad that he was basically telling me I would be a Cheif Petty officer within 6 months out of basic. I declined because I caught him, ny buddy went in and was back in 3 months because growing up together I did not know he was 90% blind in his right eye. He gave the eye chart to him to memorize. Every 3rd one off th bus at NSGL had to take a secondary physical, he was #3 off the bus.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Crazy, if an educational system is hiding and falsifying it's course outline the whole place needs to be cashiered and start over. There's a difference between education and indoctrination. Education gives people tools to chart their own destiny, indoctrination is simply forced conformity to someone else's benefit.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I remember back in high school when we all took the ASVAB test. I think I had every recruiter in central Indiana getting in touch with me. Me and my best friend was going to go into the Navy in what would have been the 1st Richard Lugar Class sworn in at the 500. I did'nt sign up because I caught the recruiter lying to me so bad that he was basically telling me I would be a Cheif Petty officer within 6 months out of basic. I declined because I caught him, ny buddy went in and was back in 3 months because growing up together I did not know he was 90% blind in his right eye. He gave the eye chart to him to memorize. Every 3rd one off th bus at NSGL had to take a secondary physical, he was #3 off the bus.
    Fwiw, the ASVAB is quite literally an IQ test.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When we built our new building several years ago in Hammond I had an opportunity to spend time with a couple of the engineers.

I have always believed that engineers were some of the really top tier in intelligence and they were (in engineering).

It seemed that if anyone tried to strike up a conversation about most anything, they were completely out of their depth.
    That is kind of my point. You can be really intelligent and be a horrible student, and be a great student and not be all that intelligent. I, for one, never had the work ethic to be a good student.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When we built our new building several years ago in Hammond I had an opportunity to spend time with a couple of the engineers.

I have always believed that engineers were some of the really top tier in intelligence and they were (in engineering).

It seemed that if anyone tried to strike up a conversation about most anything, they were completely out of their depth.
    You just have to understand that engineers are either introverts or extroverts...the introverts stare at their shoes when they talk to you, the extroverts stare at your shoes.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

My neighbor is a engineer, great guy love having him as a neighbor. But he'll be the first to tell you that most of them are stupid idiots who always cram 10 pounds of :poop: into a 1 pound bag.

More than few times I've heard him say " just make the vehicle 12 inches longer in the engine compartment.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    My neighbor is a engineer, great guy love having him as a neighbor. But he'll be the first to tell you that most of them are stupid idiots who always cram 10 pounds of :poop: into a 1 pound bag.

More than few times I've heard him say " just make the vehicle 12 inches longer in the engine compartment.
    where i work, it takes 3 engineers to lay tape straight

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom