Bartholomew County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What an idiot. Had a role on one of the best things on TV, and then just deep 6'd her career. I guess she has enough FU money.
    Also, when speaking on the holocaust, one must tread very carefully. While that post is technically correct, the comparison is one that most people would be reluctant to make.
    If she’d had said all Trumpers are evil and need to be gassed in mass, I think she’d still have a job. In the first place she didn’t say it. She retweeted it or whatever.

Her position was that she wasn’t going to hate people based on belief, and then quoted that post as what that can lead to. Probably fulfilling Godwin’s Law wasn’t the best way to communicate that, but it wasn’t a bad point to make. And maybe the author decided to use Nazis as the example because using Stalin would not have served as a negative example. Communists love the idea of putting people who disagree with them in gulags.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    They fired her, but brought back James Gunn, who had Tweeted:
    "I like when little boys touch me in my silly place.”
    "The best thing about being raped is when you’re done being raped and it’s like ‘whew this feels great, not being raped!’”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While you may not like it, is he wrong?

Could she have known what tweeting something like that would do to her career? Especially at Disney. Hell, not only could she have known, she should have known. Sure it sucks, but that is the world we live in.

If we’re going to start firing people for what they tweet, let’s be consistent. Lucasfilm called it “abhorrent”. But Pedro Pascal can tweet all the nonsense he wants and no one says ****.

Here’s the thing. Most of us can ignore the idiotic things that these actors and directors say. If I like the shows I don’t have to like the people who created it. I can’t stand Matt Damon. But his movies are usually very good.

All these ****ing woke ****s have had it in for Carano since she neglected to fill out her “pronouns” on her profile, and then dared to have the opinion that it wasn’t necessary. That’s an opinion people can have without anyone caring if we lived in a sane world.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If we’re going to start firing people for what they tweet, let’s be consistent. Lucasfilm called it “abhorrent”. But Pedro Pascal can tweet all the nonsense he wants and no one says ****.

Here’s the thing. Most of us can ignore the idiotic things that these actors and directors say. If I like the shows I don’t have to like the people who created it. I can’t stand Matt Damon. But his movies are usually very good.

All these ****ing woke ****s have had it in for Carano since she neglected to fill out her “pronouns” on her profile, and then dared to have the opinion that it wasn’t necessary. That’s an opinion people can have without anyone caring if we lived in a sane world.
    You are preaching to the choir, and it doesn't change how the world is.

If you are woke, you can get away with :poop: that you cannot get away with if you are not. Anyone in the Public life should know that by now. Do you believe she was surprised by what happened to her?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are preaching to the choir, and it doesn't change how the world is.

If you are woke, you can get away with :poop: that you cannot get away with if you are not. Anyone in the Public life should know that by now. Do you believe she was surprised by what happened to her?
    I was surprised that it came so abruptly after some rumors circulated the day before that she might get her own show. Was she surprised? I kinda think so. Retweeting something that says, hey, lets not hate people because hating people is what Nazis did. Lets not be like Nazis.

Again, apart from the issue that it was not the most accurate comparison, it’s not “abhorrent”. And she only retweeted a screenshot from snapchat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you are more narrowly defining the target group than she was.
    No. I’m saying the woke twitteratti was defining the offense that narrowly. Those where the minds of things they complained about on twitter. You had asked why that was so “abhorrent”. I was just saying that twitter seemed to be more offended that someone was suggesting they shouldn’t hate people because they hVe different worldviews or belifs.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What an idiot. Had a role on one of the best things on TV, and then just deep 6'd her career. I guess she has enough FU money.
    Also, when speaking on the holocaust, one must tread very carefully. While that post is technically correct, the comparison is one that most people would be reluctant to make.
    I acknowledge that holding an individual to be obligated by the behavior of another individual, simply because they share skin color, is a fallacy. That said, given the opinions of Mr Farrakhan and others, I would prefer to be chided with respect to speaking about the holocaust from a potentially less ideologically suspect source

I find the gist of the comparison, that authorities need to turn one group against another before they are able to round them up on a large scale, to have resonance with today's politics and where it seems some wish to take us

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    While you may not like it, is he wrong?

Could she have known what tweeting something like that would do to her career? Especially at Disney. Hell, not only could she have known, she should have known. Sure it sucks, but that is the world we live in.
    Perhaps she had simply had enough of biting her tongue and hiding her opinion? You know, it happens outside of INGO, too

Faith Over Fear

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    “You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.” ― Leon Trotsky.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

VU retiring Crusader mascot, citing associations with oppression, violence, hate groups​

But the local high school mascot remains "Vikings" and likely will for some time. We all know why.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom