F
    Does
    Anyone
    Care?
    ?
    ?
    ?

How about we just start ignoring people

Yeah, I think NASA should just say, no, we're not renaming it. And leave it at that.

But, let me get this straight about the naming. The James Web telescope should be named after Harriet Tubman because she was an "astronomer"? I wasn't sure, maybe it could be true. I don't know much about what happened to her after the underground railroad. I could not find any contributions of her as an actual astronomer. So I suspect that they're calling her an astronomer because she helped guide slaves along the underground railroad.

While that's nothing to scoff at--it's an awesome accomplishment that helped maybe 100K people find freedom--it doesn't provide clear reasoning to name this telescope after her. I don't know about James Web either, though. He was a NASA administrator.

I'd almost rather they sold the naming rights to some company so they could help pay for that ****. Maybe the "Kellogg's telescope". Or maybe the "Proctor and Gamble telescope". Whatever gets the bills paid.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah, I think NASA should just say, no, we're not renaming it. And leave it at that.

But, let me get this straight about the naming. The James Web telescope should be named after Harriet Tubman because she was an "astronomer"? I wasn't sure, maybe it could be true. I don't know much about what happened to her after the underground railroad. I could not find any contributions of her as an actual astronomer. So I suspect that they're calling her an astronomer because she helped guide slaves along the underground railroad.

While that's nothing to scoff at--it's an awesome accomplishment that helped maybe 100K people find freedom--it doesn't provide clear reasoning to name this telescope after her. I don't know about James Web either, though. He was a NASA administrator.

I'd almost rather they sold the naming rights to some company so they could help pay for that ****. Maybe the "Kellogg's telescope". Or maybe the "Proctor and Gamble telescope". Whatever gets the bills paid.
    Not that she was an astronomer, but she guided slaves by the light of the stars and used them for direction finding.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, they're saying James Webb tried to get LGBTQIA+ people out of NASA, so obviously anyone who makes any use of the information gathered by the telescope is LGBTQIA+phobic and literally Hitler.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

How about:
    "Pete Buttigieg Memorial Anoscope" ?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

It’s that harassment and bullying. Now they are suffering politically motivated attacks through state actions against these vulnerable transgender youth. This is not based upon data. These actions are politically motivated. And so we really want to base our treatment and affirm and to support and empower these youth, not to limit their participation activities in sports and even limit their ability to get gender affirmation treatment in their state. - Rachel Levine

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    California’s Norwalk-LaMirada Unified School District is set to vote on placing a Planned Parenthood clinic on a high school campus in the district.

The vote about operating a Planned Parenthood at John Glenn High School in Norwalk is scheduled to take place on Monday evening.

According to the proposal, the clinic will not be notifying parents about any students that they provide services to.

“Provider and District acknowledge that under California law minors have the right to consent to reproductive health services without parental consent or notification,” the proposal states. “Provider will encourage Students to involve their families in decision making regarding the Services, as appropriate. Provider will obtain informed consent from Students for the Services in accordance with applicable law, including but not limited to Cal. Family Code Section 6924- 6929 and Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 2397.”

Minority enrollment is 93% of the student body(Hispanic).

Public Schools in Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District have an average math proficiency score of 34% (versus the California public school average of 40%), and reading proficiency score of 46% (versus the 51% statewide average).(but at least they can get an abortion on campus)

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Only because I don’t know where to put thishttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fact-check-in-1982-biden-voted-in-support-of-an-amendment-to-overturn-roe-v-wade/ar-AAZLjwo?li=BBnb7Kz

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom