• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While it seems like Bernie is taking the high road on this campaign, the pay to play nature of everything clinton has to enter the debate sometime. It runs against everything everything Bernie says he stands for.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    tumblr_nz1jemEmlf1tpri36o1_500.gif

Condoleezza Rice Aides, Colin Powell Also Got Classified Info on Personal Emails - NBC News

Squirrel!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Squirrel!

That's exactly what it is. IANAL, but I don't think "well, other people did it too" is a solid defense, though it certainly helps forward the "vast right wing conspiracy" theory.

Powell said about the emails that he's reviewed the ones in question and said they were not marked classified at the time, and were not deemed classified until 10 years later. He also said that after reviewing them he does not believe they should be classified now.

And, if the reports are true about some of the emails found on Clinton's server, they were obviously classified at the time she received them. I imagine not all were, but if the reported email instructing her staffer to remove the classification is real, that strongly supports that at least some emails were classified when they hit her server.

Petraeus got 2 years probation and $100K fine, which is a slap on the wrist. Someone less prominent would probably have gotten more. Clinton did worse and should at least get something more than that. But if nothing else comes of this, there should at least be legislation passed that requires administration emails of official business to go through administration servers. It is the public's business and it should not be legal to obscure what they're doing in an official capacity by conducting government business through private email.

Most employers do better than that. I'm not sure I've worked for a company in the email era--yeah I go back way before email--that doesn't have a policy forbidding 1) excessive personal business on company email, or 2) conducting any company business on private email.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's exactly what it is. IANAL, but I don't think "well, other people did it too" is a solid defense, though it certainly helps forward the "vast right wing conspiracy" theory.

Powell said about the emails that he's reviewed the ones in question and said they were not marked classified at the time, and were not deemed classified until 10 years later. He also said that after reviewing them he does not believe they should be classified now.

And, if the reports are true about some of the emails found on Clinton's server, they were obviously classified at the time she received them. I imagine not all were, but if the reported email instructing her staffer to remove the classification is real, that strongly supports that at least some emails were classified when they hit her server.

Petraeus got 2 years probation and $100K fine, which is a slap on the wrist. Someone less prominent would probably have gotten more. Clinton did worse and should at least get something more than that. But if nothing else comes of this, there should at least be legislation passed that requires administration emails of official business to go through administration servers. It is the public's business and it should not be legal to obscure what they're doing in an official capacity by conducting government business through private email.

Most employers do better than that. I'm not sure I've worked for a company in the email era--yeah I go back way before email--that doesn't have a policy forbidding 1) excessive personal business on company email, or 2) conducting any company business on private email.

So Im not the only one noticing the stories that seem to be trying to implicate more Republicans of doing the same as if to either a: make it look like no big deal, or b: take as many political adversaries down with her?

Anyone hear her response to releasing her speech transcripts last night? She played the mom card.

"...will you release the transcripts off all your speeches?"
    "I will look into it."

What did your mom say when she just wanted you to go away and didnt want to deal with you if she actually said what she meant? Thats right. "we'll see."/"I'll look into it"= No! (but I'm too chicken **** to actually tell you no and hope you will move on and forget about it.)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So Im not the only one noticing the stories that seem to be trying to implicate more Republicans of doing the same as if to either a: make it look like no big deal, or b: take as many political adversaries down with her?

Anyone hear her response to releasing her speech transcripts last night? She played the mom card.

"...will you release the transcripts off all your speeches?"
    "I will look into it."

What did your mom say when she just wanted you to go away and didnt want to deal with you if she actually said what she meant? Thats right. "we'll see."/"I'll look into it"= No! (but I'm too chicken **** to actually tell you no and hope you will move on and forget about it.)

A fine collection of good points. I feel compelled to point out as I believe others have, that comparing Petraeus with Clinton is much like comparing a kid shoplifting some candy with a bank heist, and an even larger gulf separating Clinton from the other supposed examples.

sailinon

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    She's as corrupt as her husband. Any one of us would be in jail right now if we'd done what she did. My favorite quote ever pretty much covers both her and Bill:
    "Once again, his defenders, furiously attacking the prosecution and equating opposition with 'conspiracy,' don't dare mount the best defense: 'He's not that sort of man.' It's because Clinton is, supremely, 'that sort of man' that this whole thing has happened. He's a lying lecher, a prevaricating pervert, an utterly slimy crook, without a trace of honor or loyalty, desperately trying to save his own skin one last time."
    -Joe Sobran, on Bill Clinton

Top Bottom