• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    20220312_184813.jpg 20220312_184851.jpg 20220312_184941.jpg 20220312_184954.jpg Well I finally got myself the flagship of my collection. 5 digit serial number manufactured in December of 1940. The proof mark on the grip is in very nice shape, but the cartouche on the left side of the stock is almost faded to the point of not being able to see it. Under the right light I can still make out the H and the S but the box and cannons appear to be gone. The trigger is incredible for an 82 year old gun. Beyond that I'm still working on breaking down the target card that came with the gun. Very excited to add this to the collection.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    View attachment 189197 View attachment 189198 View attachment 189199 View attachment 189201 Well I finally got myself the flagship of my collection. 5 digit serial number manufactured in December of 1940. The proof mark on the grip is in very nice shape, but the cartouche on the left side of the stock is almost faded to the point of not being able to see it. Under the right light I can still make out the H and the S but the box and cannons appear to be gone. The trigger is incredible for an 82 year old gun. Beyond that I'm still working on breaking down the target card that came with the gun. Very excited to add this to the collection.

Congrats!

You got a nice one.

EXCELLENT rifles!

NICKT93

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    MORGAN CO
    View attachment 189197 View attachment 189198 View attachment 189199 View attachment 189201 Well I finally got myself the flagship of my collection. 5 digit serial number manufactured in December of 1940. The proof mark on the grip is in very nice shape, but the cartouche on the left side of the stock is almost faded to the point of not being able to see it. Under the right light I can still make out the H and the S but the box and cannons appear to be gone. The trigger is incredible for an 82 year old gun. Beyond that I'm still working on breaking down the target card that came with the gun. Very excited to add this to the collection.
    Beautiful. My dad a 1940 when I was a kid . One of my favorites

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Was that direct from the CMP or did you find that elsewhere?

I was looking at getting one of the rebuilt ones that the CMP converted to .308. But last I heard, they were not selling any Garands anymore.

In addition: what is the process now days? I recall there being steps (maybe even a class) necessary to order one from the CMP.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Was that direct from the CMP or did you find that elsewhere?

I was looking at getting one of the rebuilt ones that the CMP converted to .308. But last I heard, they were not selling any Garands anymore.

In addition: what is the process now days? I recall there being steps (maybe even a class) necessary to order one from the CMP.

Your LTCH counts as

"MARKSMANSHIP OR OTHER FIREARMS-RELATED ACTIVITY"​

As for an CMP affiliated organization, just join the Garand Collectors Assocation. $25 per year and you get a magazine each month. They will also notify the CMP when you join. Easy-peasy.

Top Bottom