The Great American Ammunition Conspiracy???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Thanks for sharing this. It's hard to read about ammo manipulation and not remember the .gov purchasing billions of rounds when the O' Great One was in office. Hollow points to boot.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Important for us to keep track of this stuff.

We always have to consider the source and their open or hidden agendas though.

rutheborger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tippecanoe
    American ammo manufacturing capacity being monopolized by two companies is far from a conspiracy. What would be a conspiracy is if they pressured the current administration to cut off competing Russian ammo imports...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm more of a supply and demand kind of guy.
    That plus the availability and cost of raw materials
    I tend to believe this as well.

Trying to get what you guys are saying here? Did you guys not read the article and see that two companies, beholden to Wall Street money, are in control of the ammunition “market” if you can call it a market.

I have posted the video Monopoly that demonstrates how the equity funds can control companies and markets. I have no doubt the ammunition market is being manipulate. That was pretty clear in the article…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks for sharing this. It's hard to read about ammo manipulation and not remember the .gov purchasing billions of rounds when the O' Great One was in office. Hollow points to boot.
    Can you show your work on that one?

Yes, .gov was buying tons of ammo for various alphabets that shouldnt even HAVE guns. But not to the level it would severely impact consumers.

And at least as Hoosiers, I think the 22 situation was a localized distribution issue. While there was barely a rimfire round to be had in the state, I regularly travelled out of state and could always find plenty. Its like they stopped shipping it here because we were only paying .08/rd but other states where they could get away with charging .12/rd got the shipments instead. (that is my theory anyway)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana

The story dates back to the O' Great One's period of fundamental change. I chose these links because they go to the heart of my post and wouldn't be considered "conspiracy" sites. I doubt these are the sources I used back at the time. They also don't cover much of the other 3-letter agencies that you and I agree shouldn't even have armed police forces such as SSA and Fish and Wildlife, etc. Dot Gov buying munitions that can only be used domestically doesn't give me warm and fuzzies.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If I was an ammunition manufacturer and I could fill my capacity with .gov sales, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Sure, it is a hassle to get .gov contracts and the paperwork is a pain, but once you figure out how to do it, things become redundant. The margin in those contracts are better than consumer sales and having a handful of customers vs 100's gains synergy for you. Even if the margins were similar, cranking out one load for millions of rounds increases your manufacturing efficiency and throughput. You can basically run lights out while you fill that contract.

That said, as a consumer, I wish they or someone else would produce stuff we could readily buy. :)

Top Bottom