The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 14th Edition: Ketchup Farts, Dog Sneezes and Misspelled Tattoos

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Re: long books

In high school, I did a research paper on The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Gibbon.

I don’t know what I was thinking. I wouldn’t even try that now. That sucker is six volumes, although I think I was working with an abridged version that was only like two volumes and about 1000 pages.

And this is with pencil and paper, and 3 x 5 cards for footnotes, and finally at the very end, a manual typewriter.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I read a lot. Burned through Atlas Shrugged and liked it. Have read all the LOTR as well, very well done.
    Working on an almost 1,000 page annotated book of all 4 novels and 56 stories of Sherlock Holmes by Conan Doyle. Book is 12"by 10" and small print.
    One of my favorite series are the Dune books by Brian Herbert, all 13 including pre and sequels.. They can be hard to keep track of the characters but to me they are a good read.

Don
    I made it through three Dune books and then gave it up forever.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I read a lot. Burned through Atlas Shrugged and liked it. Have read all the LOTR as well, very well done.
    Working on an almost 1,000 page annotated book of all 4 novels and 56 stories of Sherlock Holmes by Conan Doyle. Book is 12"by 10" and small print.
    One of my favorite series are the Dune books by Brian Herbert, all 13 including pre and sequels.. They can be hard to keep track of the characters but to me they are a good read.

Don
    I have always been a reader, so I am loving this exchange.
    As a young adult, I had become enamoured with Shakespeare's work, read it all over and over and still did not get much of it. I appreciated the "poetry" but the reasons for some of the drama escaped me.

Then one day, many years later I discovered Isaac Asimov's "The Annotated Shakespeare" and I went through it all again.
    Kind of a large book, but instead of zipping through it, every few pages, you find something that makes you flip back a couple of hundred and reread previous pages because of just having had an epiphanous moment.

Asimov also has "The Annotated Bible" for those so inclined. It is beyond reason how much insight a highly educated athiest can bring to the understanding of such Holy ancient works. He fills in many gaps of our knowledge of history of the times and how times and culture had changed over the writing period of the scriptures.
    Mind boggling!

PIC:

When you care enough to get her the very best, cost is no object!

Attachments

• egg-472x1024.jpeg
      egg-472x1024.jpeg
      148.9 KB · Views: 11
    Last edited:

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Seems to be that way these days, but there seemed to be more "daddy/mommy/sibling issues" in those days.

Don't get me wrong, I have thought of killing my brother, but it was because he ate his candy bar more slowly and when I was done, he still had some.
    :crying::crying:
    :lmfao:

BTW, it's not just fancy guns some of us engrave.

Attachments

• Engraving.jpg
      Engraving.jpg
      125.9 KB · Views: 55
    Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Seems to be that way these days, but there seemed to be more "daddy/mommy/sibling issues" in those days.

Don't get me wrong, I have thought of killing my brother, but it was because he ate his candy bar more slowly and when I was done, he still had some.
    :crying::crying:
    :lmfao:
    If you take candy bar without killing brother, you can take his next one too.
    Sun Tzu

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    animal-thank-kind-fish-seems-have-lost-know-swim

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I have always been a reader, so I am loving this exchange.
    As a young adult, I had become enamoured with Shakespeare's work, read it all over and over and still did not get much of it. I appreciated the "poetry" but the reasons for some of the drama escaped me.

Then one day, many years later I discovered Isaac Asimov's "The Annotated Shakespeare" and I went through it all again.
    Kind of a large book, but instead of zipping through it, every few pages, you find something that makes you flip back a couple of hundred and reread previous pages because of just having had an epiphanous moment.

Asimov also has "The Annotated Bible" for those so inclined. It is beyond reason how much insight a highly educated athiest can bring to the understanding of such Holy ancient works. He fills in many gaps of our knowledge of history of the times and how times and culture had changed over the writing period of the scriptures.
    Mind boggling!

PIC:

When you care enough to get her the very best, cost is no object!
    Asimov's Foundation Trilogy is a great read

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom