• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Well the pre-election buying frenzy has started. AR and AK components, ammo and rifles have been flying off the shelves. Spoke with Del-Ton today and have stopped taking orders for at least 6-8 weeks. They said it looks like the buying frenzy will eclipse the one from 2008. In 2008 they had so many backorders that it took them 12 month or more to fill some orders.

So if you are considering an AR or AK I'd suggest to buy now before you can't find any. Same goes for mags.

I guess I just helped with the frenzy :)

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Or... don't buy into it, be patient and wait until after the election when people calm down and prices drop from the excess supply available on the market.

:yesway:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Or... don't buy into it, be patient and wait until after the election when people calm down and prices drop from the excess supply available on the market.

Right, not only that, but I don't think the sales ever really slowed down that much. Anyway, I worry more about ammo availability. Ammo hoarders chap my buns.:xmad:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Thats why everybody should reload :D

I reload 9mm and starting .223 this week. Buy components now and load when the prices sky rocket!

Im kinda interested to see how the prices at the 1500 are gonna be. Hopefully ill find a few deals

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis

People that have the money to waste it on hysterics can and will waste their money.

I work too hard for the modest amount that I have to spend. So I play the waiting game, no problem.

I only want a 300 blackout barrel and a stock of ammo to make sure it works - then I'll be happy.

But I think I can get by without it...

...I think I can.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Gander Mountain in Fort Wayne has Federal/LC XM855 on the shelf...
    30 cal ammo can with 420 rounds....
    $279.00
    Gee...... what a bargain.
    I checked the price of other ammo.... I'll stick to mail order; cheaper even with shipping.
    I actually laughed out loud at one point at some of the prices. It was more of a frustration laugh... nothing funny about their prices.

Went there to pick up a new pair of boots.... all were made in China and prices had gone up substantially.
    Looked at knives.... made in China with the exception of a few Bucks and Kershaws... prices were silly.
    I couldn't bring myself to spend any of my hard earned American cash in that store.
    I know the GM apologists will defend their store... I don't care... I'll spend my money elsewhere.

http://centerfiresystems.com/AM223LC-420.aspx?utm_source=streamsend&utm_medium=email&utm_content=15795107&utm_campaign=PAIL-O-AMMO+SUPER+DEAL!

Last edited:

savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    Gander Mountain in Fort Wayne has LC XM882 on the shelf...
    30 cal ammo can with 420 rounds....
    $279.00
    Gee...... what a bargain.

They are retarded high on ammo prices. Just got 840rds from brownell's for 328.00. Got an email that the price has went from 149.00 for 420 (wich is what I got it for a couple weeks ago) to 179.00 for 420.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Right, not only that, but I don't think the sales ever really slowed down that much. Anyway, I worry more about ammo availability. Ammo hoarders chap my buns.:xmad:

This, big time. I had a guy that I was trading some mags to for some .45 WWB. He said, "Heeeyuk, yeppers, I got it during the eeeelection, heck, I don't even have a .45, I just bought whatever they had left." I hung up the phone. He called back, "I think we were disconnected." I said "No, we weren't. People like you are the problem with shooting in general." then explained how I had to wait forever and cancel my participation in a class due to a shortage of available .45.

Some hicks think they gotta have it so they can have someone crawl to them. I don't crawl...

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    I've been on a waiting list for about 4 weeks on a Smith and Wesson M&P Sport. Sniper Co has none, Gander Mountain is out, and Ed Hirschy wants about 75 bucks above retail when he has them in, and no one else seems to know when they will get anymore. It seems like ammo has gone up everywhere lately as well. Might be easier and obviously cheaper to do a PSA build on an AR.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I agree, I think this time around, the frenzy will be more than 2008.
    I think the fear is, that if Obama gets re-elected, that he will pass some sort of gun legislation. So those guys that want to wait until the market dies down, could possibly never get one at a good price. It's just a thought.
    If I didn't have an AR, I would be looking for one now, as we get closer to Nov. they will go up in price as demand goes up for them.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    just look at the classifieds. people think their DPMS guns with UTG rails are worth more than the cost of a new 6920.
    I saw a DPMS at the Vincennes Walmart for less than $600 a couple of days ago. I didn't pay much attention to it and don't know which version. I did note that it cost less than the Mini 14 sitting beside it.

It's really unfortunate that the price and availability of anything firearms related can't get on an even keel and stay that way. This is a process that has, and will repeat itself over and over.
    Many of us can't afford to stockpile very much ammo ect and end up getting the short end of the stick any time this kind of situation happens.
    No doubt there will price gouging. Many individuals and entities have bought up large (huge) amounts of firearms, ammo, components, magazines ect with the intent to sell in the next couple of years. That's our free market system, it's just the way it works.
    You can expect some our old friends such as Cheaper Than Dirt to try to take full advantage of the situation. They will never get a cent from me. Period.
    One thing in our favor is the fact that the manufacturers and importers foresaw this situation in 2008 and have been ramping up bigtime since then. Even at normal prices they stand to sell a lot of product and make tons of profit.
    All I can say is if you need something try to get it soon, that and break out the rimfires to try to get the most bang for the buck.
    Don't pay stupid prices for anything. This will pass, just give it time.
    Good luck to all.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I saw a DPMS at the Vincennes Walmart for less than $600 a couple of days ago. I didn't pay much attention to it and don't know which version. I did note that it cost less than the Mini 14 sitting beside it.

It's really unfortunate that the price and availability of anything firearms related can't get on an even keel and stay that way. This is a process that has, and will repeat itself over and over.
    Many of us can't afford to stockpile very much ammo ect and end up getting the short end of the stick any time this kind of situation happens.
    No doubt there will price gouging. Many individuals and entities have bought up large (huge) amounts of firearms, ammo, components, magazines ect with the intent to sell in the next couple of years. That's our free market system, it's just the way it works.
    You can expect some our old friends such as Cheaper Than Dirt to try to take full advantage of the situation. They will never get a cent from me. Period.
    One thing in our favor is the fact that the manufacturers and importers foresaw this situation in 2008 and have been ramping up bigtime since then. Even at normal prices they stand to sell a lot of product and make tons of profit.
    All I can say is if you need something try to get it soon, that and break out the rimfires to try to get the most bang for the buck.
    Don't pay stupid prices for anything. This will pass, just give it time.
    Good luck to all.

agreed. while a company reserves the right to charge whatever they want, i reserve the right not to shop there. what i have tried to do is buy just 1 or 2 boxes of ammo with every pay-period. over time, combined with the fact that i rarely shoot, has allowed me to get a fair amount of ammo saved up.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    This info is indirect, but thetruthaboutguns.com says that Buds Gun Shop is sending out a message to gun buyers that they are swamped because people are buying five times as many guns as in Feb 2009. That is crazy if true. Has anyone purchased from Buds recently and can confirm this? I couldn't find anything about it on Buds web site.

Link

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    This info is indirect, but thetruthaboutguns.com says that Buds Gun Shop is sending out a message to gun buyers that they are swamped because people are buying five times as many guns as in Feb 2009. That is crazy if true. Has anyone purchased from Buds recently and can confirm this? I couldn't find anything about it on Buds web site.

Link

I bought some stuff from Buds a couple of weeks ago and got an email with that same text in it.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

Link

I bought some stuff from Buds a couple of weeks ago and got an email with that same text in it.

i bet that's just their marketing to try to get people scared so they buy a bunch of crap at inflated prices

Top Bottom