Jan 17, 2013
    Indy

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    It's not as if Indiana isn't trying to court the gun manufacturers. I saw a story yesterday that started with a picture of a Magpul truck and then mentioned how to state reps have been sending out letters to all gun and gun-related manufacturers in CO, CT, and MD trying to persuade them to move. I think the politicians were from Logansport. Pence is likely on board with the plan but for political reasons may keep a low profile, but the movement to bring them here is present.

I'm sure Texas or Florida will be the frontrunner for many of these companies, though. There is more money in the state and they aren't anywhere near Illinois. Hell, I would move Indiana to Texas if I could just to get farther away from Chicago.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Interesting. Without reading the original link I, too, assumed it was Colt and not a company that just licenses the name. Still, I think the momentum is there for states to start offering tax incentives that would make it worthwhile for manufacturers to begin moving to more gun-friendly states.

I think Indiana ought to up the ante to try and persuade manufacturers to move. Let's sweeten the pot and not only offer tax incentives but even provide, free of charge, a fleet of Mayflower trucks to show up in the middle of the night and help pack up the gun manufacturers willing to relocated.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Remington and Kimber are both located in NY state. Would be nice if they would move out of there, but that probably isn't likely.

Winchester used to be located in New Haven, CT but closed it's New Haven plant in 2006. Bet they don't regret that move today.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Remington and Kimber are both located in NY state. Would be nice if they would move out of there, but that probably isn't likely.

Winchester used to be located in New Haven, CT but closed it's New Haven plant in 2006. Bet they don't regret that move today.

And get S&W out of Mass.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Interesting. Without reading the original link I, too, assumed it was Colt and not a company that just licenses the name. Still, I think the momentum is there for states to start offering tax incentives that would make it worthwhile for manufacturers to begin moving to more gun-friendly states.

I think Indiana ought to up the ante to try and persuade manufacturers to move. Let's sweeten the pot and not only offer tax incentives but even provide, free of charge, a fleet of Mayflower trucks to show up in the middle of the night and help pack up the gun manufacturers willing to relocated.

Indiana did that once before....that's how the Colts left Baltimore. ;)

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Actually, IMHO our close proximity to Illinois may be our downfall. I keep reading how Chicago wants to blame all the gun violence issues on weapons purchased here and used there in crimes, with Gary being the main issue. I know thats not the real truth, or even the issue, but with media perception the way it is...it may just be happening.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011

That worked out ok when it was the Colts............

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    I don't see why none of these manufacturer are not moving to Indiana,the state is very pro business heck just saw where the speedway got another 100 million .But maybe they also read where 500 million was cut from education a few years ago.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Indiana,might not have the capitol,to invest in such a move.Didnt they just invest big tme in some auto manufacturer a few years ago? (Switzerland Co.) Theres several empty businesses in Harrison County.Railways,interstate,near by.100's of unemployed machinist.
    Before I see a company relocating,Indiana would have to commit to giving them land,new machinery,and tax abatements.
    It would have to employ several hundred jobs ( good paying)
    If a company is worth investing in, every state out there would try to under cut the other.
    Same thing that happened to the company I use to work for. We lost 400 six figure jobs. Tennesee made a better offer and they moved south. Right to work state now,but it doesnt seem to be helping.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Indiana,might not have the capitol,to invest in such a move.Didnt they just invest big tme in some auto manufacturer a few years ago? (Switzerland Co.) Theres several empty businesses in Harrison County.Railways,interstate,near by.100's of unemployed machinist.
    Before I see a company relocating,Indiana would have to commit to giving them land,new machinery,and tax abatements.
    It would have to employ several hundred jobs ( good paying)
    If a company is worth investing in, every state out there would try to under cut the other.
    Same thing that happened to the company I use to work for. We lost 400 six figure jobs. Tennesee made a better offer and they moved south. Right to work state now,but it doesnt seem to be helping.

elkhart area just scored an RV supplier with about 800 or so jobs i think.
    granted its a bit different, as most RVs are built in these parts, but the midwest eats up a lot of guns too... Rep Stutzman has been courting these people, no results yet, but he gets an A for effort.

Top Bottom