• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't know anything about Pinal County. Is the outrage over incompetence? Or is there an implied accusation of conspiracy to favor the RINO candidate? If it's the latter, how does that work?

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    Was thinking it would be good to have a thread to tally up election tricks, fraud, whatever, leading up to the elections in November.

Here's some potential shenanigans:

Okay so the allegation the article seems to make is that in Michigan, one political side can arrange for people to illegally sign an opponent's petition to be on the ballot, and then later claim that their opponent isn't eligible to be on the ballot because of those invalid signatures. I don't think it's clear that this happened, but if those affected candidates are indeed popular, and should be able to get the required signatures, it's certainly possible.

But damn. If that's what happened? how evil is Whitmer, she's a failed governor, corrupt AF, can't possibly face a challenge by better opponents, so she gets people to sign their petitions and then later complains that their petitions don't count? That bitch needs not just to be in jail, but under it. In the dungeon, under spell to keep it contained.
    FYI, that's what Obama did in his state senate race. His democratic opponents were declared ineligible because of signature issues.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

Typical Detroit machine?
    I would be interested in hearing if this story could be backed up by another worker that was there.
    Yes I too would like to know if this report has been corroborated by others. If the allegations made are factual and true, there are catastrophically bad events occurring in our election process which will compromise the vote.

What was described is bad enough to require everyone in the room to be under armed watch. Not armed guard, armed watch.

The only way to stop this sort of corruption of our voting processes, is a strong attorney general and Secretary of State and State law enforcement that will ensure election law is followed. I'm going to bet that will never happen in the blue states.

amjindiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2022
    Northeast
    FYI, that's what Obama did in his state senate race. His democratic opponents were declared ineligible because of signature issues.
    Yep. I honestly think President Trump's greatest contribution to the country was exposing just how rampant and far-reaching the corruption in our system is. I'm guessing the average American had no idea how bad it was before 2016. I'd like to think we've gotten some things fixed since then, but I guess we'll find out here shortly.

If the Democrats defy all polling, logic and indicators and pull off the win in November, we'll know without a doubt that the system is toast.

Did you all realize that they're still counting ballots in some Arizona counties over a week after the election?! Incompetence would be the best case scenario; I think they're actually just setting the precedent that It takes forever to count ballots, which opens the door to all kinds of extra-legal nonsense.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

Math is hard. How convenient that blue states were over-counted, and red states under-counted.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    State law would fix it. As the article says, there needs to be an easy way to verify the signatures so that they don't end up getting scammed.

I'm not sure what invalidated the signatures. Maybe the people signed the wrong name? Maybe they weren't actually residents of the district? But certainly short of laws to make that kind of fraud less viable, Republicans will have to do this work themselves now that they know it's a thing. After getting their signatures they'll need to vet every signature on their petition to be on the ballot. I think they'll also need to think very creatively to predict all the ways Democrats might try to play such tricks.
    Oh, oh, oh, maybe a picture id could be used to verify the person signing?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    How does a party stop cross over voting? They can petition the legislature to change the law that allows for it. Although I've heard of repubs doing the same. Heck there were several on this site talking about it a few years ago, even after being informed that what they were talking about doing/did was in fact illegal.
    You have to be willing to use the laws at your disposal better than your foe if you have intentions of winning. If you can’t bring yourself to do that, then get comfortable in the losing line, it will be long. If the law allows for cross voting, you better figure out how to maximize it if you don’t want to live in a communist dump.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    This is voter suppression, just in top down format rather the than bottom up format they always fallaciously accuse their their opposition of orchestrating. So who is the actual threat to democracy?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When Pres. Trump was in office, the left yelled for 4 years the election was "stolen".
    Now, the right says it was stolen.

Yet somehow you're a "conspiracy theorists" if you think it was stolen.

Costa is crying about an ex-Homeland Security official saying we need more secure elections.

Top Bottom