The CZickness XXXIII: Putting the Social in Social Distancing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Stopped in Bare Arms while in Noblesville today and sitting in the case was a Colt Huntsman. It's still there but I believe by the middle of next week it will be mine. Really clean looking pistol that you just don't see much anymore.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning everyone.

Range trip this morning with the girls. Finally getting my wife to try my P365. If she does well with it, I'll be selling off her G42 (.380) and she'll be taking the P365 from me.

Woke up this morning thinking I might dive head first into putting Holosun 407C V2 reflex sights on my other two Glocks (G21 and G45). Have AllenM mill the slides. I really do love the idea of red dots on pistols. I'm good with irons, but I really struggle with irons on pistols at distance despite time spent working on it. I've shot red dots at distance and the hit percentage on target drastically improves for me. I think the red dot fills that void. I just have to put in some time drawing from a holster with them to get that natural aim down.

Afternoon folks! :beer:

I just finished a bunch of yard work just in time for the storms to move in. I had some vehicle work that I wanted to do but did not get the car in the garage in time.

TDogg, the trick CM speaks of for red dots on pistols is simply to get comfortable point shooting. Teach yourself to stop looking for the sight and look at the target. If you are comfortable point shooting, the reticle will automatically be right where you expect it. I’ve found that when I forget that idea, I find myself hunting for the sight, slowing me down.

I’ve been practicing point shooting for years using the LaserLyte lasted cartridges and so I’m pretty comfortable point shooting. I always figured that if I’m ever in a real shooting situation, there’s a damn good chance that I’ll have target fixation and decided to be sure to know how to run the gun without looking at the sights. When I first got into red dots, I struggled until I just stopped looking for the dot. I just look at the target and if it’s a gun that points well for me, the dot is right there where I need it to be. Right now, guns that point naturally for me are the G23, P10 and 1911s. I have not red dot equipped a 1911 yet but do have experience with the G23 and P10S. I’m still struggling with the G30sf because it’s a gun that I never put much time into practicing point shooting with

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, 15 replies left before we hit the 5k mark

Let’s go out with a bang and post CZ pics

c46f5899f360347df5c3b012c6a92ac8.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.