The CZickness XXXIII: Putting the Social in Social Distancing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Never been a fan of eotechs. I love the comp m2. Not so much the newer aimpoint offerings. I'm hoping the Trijicon MRO will be my new go to dot.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Never been a fan of eotechs. I love the comp m2. Not so much the newer aimpoint offerings. I'm hoping the Trijicon MRO will be my new go to dot.
    I had a gen1 MRO about 3 years ago. Slight magnification and the way it was tinted were why I got rid of it. They made a production change to correct both issues at serial # 90k on up. I haven't had the opportunity to look thru a new version yet. Larue has a sale on them with their mount for $440 and I was tempted, but didn't want to take a chance without looking thru one in person first.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I tried the Eotech and Vortex UH-1. Loved the large window, but didn't like the reticle and found myself just wanting the dot instead. The reticle just confused my eyes and slowed me down in training when I wanted to go fast.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Never used an Eotech. I like my Mepro M21 and also have CompM4 that I like a lot but the gun it is on doesn't get a lot of use. I need to change that.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I tried the Eotech and Vortex UH-1. Loved the large window, but didn't like the reticle and found myself just wanting the dot instead. The reticle just confused my eyes and slowed me down in training when I wanted to go fast.
    Im the opposite. Also my teammates were much faster too with eotechs. We timed it

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Theres just so much more i can do with an eotech. I can range targets and i know where to hold to hit someone in the nose inside of 15 yards.
    Oh dear. All of the useless **** ive picked up lol
    Much can be done with the A65 reticle if you put the time in and build data. To agree, once you find those holdovers the outer ring is a great tool.
    I don't care for the 2-dot version though. Too busy.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Much can be done with the A65 reticle if you put the time in and build data. To agree, once you find those holdovers the outer ring is a great tool.
    I don't care for the 2-dot version though. Too busy.
    Right. I mean i can do similar inside fart smelling distance with an aimpoint dot but the eotech was just always easier for me to pick up.
    I dont have a astigmatism or anything though. I know for some people the reticle is almost washed out. I understand

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Im the opposite. Also my teammates were much faster too with eotechs. We timed it
    I do not doubt this one bit. I know you're time spent with that optic is more than my time training total. I am not very fast on target, but once I get the sight picture I'm good. The main issue I had with the reticle was trying to hold for sight offset at close distance and use the lower portion of the ring. I'm used to just holding a dot up higher. The reticle to me is big and my eyes don't want to look at the dot in the center and then look at the ring to aim (this is strictly close distance and fast paced). Its just a training issue and what I'm used to. I don't have the time behind one and don't want to start over, so a single dot just works, for me. Hope that made sense.

Side note, it would be cool if Eotech would make the optic like what Holosun does, where you can switch between dot or circle dot.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I do not doubt this one bit. I know you're time spent with that optic is more than my time training total. I am not very fast on target, but once I get the sight picture I'm good. The main issue I had with the reticle was trying to hold for sight offset at close distance and use the lower portion of the ring. I'm used to just holding a dot up higher. The reticle to me is big and my eyes don't want to look at the dot in the center and then look at the ring to aim (this is strictly close distance and fast paced). Its just a training issue and what I'm used to. I don't have the time behind one and don't want to start over, so a single dot just works, for me. Hope that made sense.

Side note, it would be cool if Eotech would make the optic like what Holosun does, where you can switch between dot or circle dot.
    Yep i agree with your reasoning. If you are good with the dot and youve tried the other with poor reaults, no reason to switch.
    It would be stupid to go to an eotech for you

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Yep i agree with your reasoning. If you are good with the dot and youve tried the other with poor reaults, no reason to switch.
    It would be stupid to go to an eotech for you
    I'm dealing with the same struggle in regards to the red dot on my handgun. I have no idea how much time I'll need to invest with that setup to allow me to be confident enough to carry one that way. I love the idea of it, but my time spent training with it so far is probably 5-10% of my time with just irons.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm dealing with the same struggle in regards to the red dot on my handgun. I have no idea how much time I'll need to invest with that setup to allow me to be confident enough to carry one that way. I love the idea of it, but my time spent training with it so far is probably 5-10% of my time with just irons.

I have a way to overcome the issue of finding the dot when you bring the pistol to bear. But I just woke up and no :coffee: yet. 88 knows it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom