• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Blargh. I took a chill yesterday up north in that cutting ice cold wind. I did not dress for it. Paying for that today...:n00b:

Got to stand out in the rain for an hour and a half last night. My daughter decided to turn off the vehicle she was driving while waiting on a train... with the radio on, foot on the brake and fan blowing I'm sure. (This vehicle passed down from my wife and now with my daughter -- after daughter totaled her car a couple of weeks ago, has a history of chewing up batteries due to this kind of driver behavior). Luckily she wasn't too far away, but car was dead in the street at a railroad track. I could not get it jumped off my truck or off the jump box I had, and finally called AAA. Stood off to the side of the road in the rain talking to the Sheriff's officer who was kind enough to handle traffic, while AAA was in transit. Didn't seem right for me to sit in my truck out of the rain while the officer was out in the rain. (Also couldn't seem to get the transmission release which I was pushing in, to allow the vehicle to be shifted into neutral to push it out of the way).

Luckily AAA was able to jump the vehicle (assuming because this battery which is on its way to going bad recovered a bit).

When my wife has done this, she has managed it in a parking lot, etc. I think the daughter hopefully learned a lesson about turning off the vehicle while in the road.

Replacing the battery today.

Good times.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Got to stand out in the rain for an hour and a half last night. My daughter decided to turn off the vehicle she was driving while waiting on a train... with the radio on, foot on the brake and fan blowing I'm sure. (This vehicle passed down from my wife and now with my daughter -- after daughter totaled her car a couple of weeks ago, has a history of chewing up batteries due to this kind of driver behavior). Luckily she wasn't too far away, but car was dead in the street at a railroad track. I could not get it jumped off my truck or off the jump box I had, and finally called AAA. Stood off to the side of the road in the rain talking to the Sheriff's officer who was kind enough to handle traffic, while AAA was in transit. Didn't seem right for me to sit in my truck out of the rain while the officer was out in the rain.

AAA was able to jump the vehicle (assuming because this battery which is on its way to going bad recovered a bit).

When my wife has done this, she has managed it in a parking lot, etc. I think the daughter hopefully learned a lesson about turning off the vehicle while in the road.

Good times.

I can relate....OH! I CAN relate!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got to stand out in the rain for an hour and a half last night. My daughter decided to turn off the vehicle she was driving while waiting on a train... with the radio on, foot on the brake and fan blowing I'm sure. (This vehicle passed down from my wife and now with my daughter -- after daughter totaled her car a couple of weeks ago, has a history of chewing up batteries due to this kind of driver behavior). Luckily she wasn't too far away, but car was dead in the street at a railroad track. I could not get it jumped off my truck or off the jump box I had, and finally called AAA. Stood off to the side of the road in the rain talking to the Sheriff's officer who was kind enough to handle traffic, while AAA was in transit. Didn't seem right for me to sit in my truck out of the rain while the officer was out in the rain. (Also couldn't seem to get the transmission release which I was pushing in, to allow the vehicle to be shifted into neutral to push it out of the way).

Luckily AAA was able to jump the vehicle (assuming because this battery which is on its way to going bad recovered a bit).

Good times.

Female operators for the most part do not connect the dots. If the key will turn they will drive it. Period. Brakes growling, low air in the tires, warning lites on in the dash.....makes no difference to many. It took me a long time and a few psychotic episodes to get my wife and daughter to actually alert me of issues before they became real problems.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Good times.
    I am confident that my daughter will do something like this when she gets older. And not because she's a girl, but because she's a kid.

My first car was a RWD Plymouth with a V-8. First winter I decided to see how bad the roads were by flooring it. So as I was digging snow from around the car in the ditch, a nice farmer came by and pulled me out. I thought my Dad was gonna bury ME in the snow. And then there was the time I backed into my Mom's car...in our own driveway...but that's a whole nother story.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Female operators for the most part do not connect the dots. If the key will turn they will drive it. Period. Brakes growling, low air in the tires, warning lites on in the dash.....makes no difference to many. It took me a long time and a few psychotic episodes to get my wife and daughter to actually alert me of issues before they became real problems.

The exception would be my wife. If she hears, sees or perceives the slightest abnormality in a vehicles sight, sound or performance, it needs a total rebuild...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Blargh. I took a chill yesterday up north in that cutting ice cold wind. I did not dress for it. Paying for that today...:n00b:

Agreed, I got into this same vehicle one time when my wife was the main driver, and it had a low tire (TPMS was barking), battery was stuttering and it was in active need of an oil change. Took care of all 3 items right then and handed it back to her for more abuse later that day. It is pretty amazing.

I try to bullet proof things as much as I can to deal with the behavior, but sometimes the abuse catches up with a machine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The exception would be my wife. If she hears, sees or perceives the slightest abnormality in a vehicles sight, sound or performance, it needs a total rebuild...

My spouse is close to this now but our 1st 10 years together were rough. She could disintegrate a set of pads/rotors faster the Mario Andretti. She had no idea what the warning tabs were all about. I have some stories.

Her and the daughter both are on top of this now.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning, My People..!

I am in the great city of Valpo.

I am a tick early, but catching breakfast @ Bob Evans.

Went to The Wizs home in the way up here to pick up a chair I left at the FGE

Which he so nicely packed to his home for me to pick up later.

So I stopped and found it nicely wrapped in his deck.

THANK YOU, LOSEY.!

Gonna view and coon-finger some AR pistols @ Copper Custom @ 9am.

Then hustle to Iowa.

Peace Out

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I was procrastinating at getting the oil changed in my wife's car one time. She took it to a shop and had it done. The mechanic hit the building backing the car out of the bay and broke the driver's mirror off. I don't put off her oil changes like that anymore.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agreed, I got into this same vehicle one time when my wife was the main driver, and it had a low tire (TPMS was barking), battery was stuttering and it was in active need of an oil change. Took care of all 3 items right then and handed it back to her for more abuse later that day. It is pretty amazing.

I try to bullet proof things as much as I can to deal with the behavior, but sometimes the abuse catches up with a machine.

I stay on top of our rigs. I have to.
    In a womans defense, if you have a working spouse with family they are on a mission 24/7 if they are any good at the "Mom" thing. My spouse was an animal. She had a lot of ground to cover in taking care of us and for the most part she was a pro. The rigs got rode hard.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good Morning, My People..!

I am in the great city of Valpo.

I am a tick early, but catching breakfast @ Bob Evans.

Went to The Wizs home in the way up here to pick up a chair I left at the FGE

Which he so nicely packed to his home for me to pick up later.

So I stopped and found it nicely wrapped in his deck.

THANK YOU, LOSEY.!

Gonna view and coon-finger some AR pistols @ Copper Custom @ 9am.

Then hustle to Iowa.

Peace Out

Be safe out there.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a quick trip to MCFG this morning and brought half of my ammo back home. Over the last month or so, I have been having intermittent issues with the shoulder that are interfering with the strength training I need to do in PT. I’ve unfortunately narrowed it down to shooting that’s causing the issues. I did three range trips last weekend and the shoulder felt like the surgery had failed up until Wednesday. The week before was similar, but not as bad. I figured that I’d put up the .40 poly guns and just shoot the SP01 Tactical for a while since that thing has very. Little recoil.

After a couple of mags, I could feel the shoulder reacting badly again, so I shot a .22lr for a couple of minutes and packed it up. I’ve hit my 10k goal for the year and am close to the 11k mark, so I don’t mind taking a break too much. I’m hoping that with a month off, the strength training will progress enough to start shooting anything larger than a .22 again.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...My first car was a RWD Plymouth with a V-8. First winter I decided to see how bad the roads were by flooring it. So as I was digging snow from around the car in the ditch, a nice farmer came by and pulled me out. I thought my Dad was gonna bury ME in the snow. And then there was the time I backed into my Mom's car...in our own driveway...but that's a whole nother story.

Could be worse...like me. I had my drivers license for one week when I wrapped my dad's '65 Mustang around a tree. He had planned to "put it up on blocks" thinking it would become a collectors car.

After a few smaller scrapes they eventually bought a VW Beetle for me to drive not realizing two of my friends had VW's which set me up to "race with them".

​CZ

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom