THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    drink-your-Ovaltine-animated-gif-a-christmas-story-40073819-245-221.gif
    He is younger than me.

Thanks...................................................................

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    As promised. Results from yesterday. More testing will ensue and improvement should coincide with more practice. I liked this "benchrest" testing, but there is definitely a technique that I need to master. I picked up on a few things I need to work on.

The H&R 922 with the red dot proved to be a formidable package. I plan on making larger target grips for it. It is surprisingly accurate for an old cheap gun and has potential. It was my Dad's. Yes the red dot looks super fugly. But it was damn fun. This will go head to head against my SW22 Victory.

View attachment 239578

H&R 929 either has a junk barrel or needs different ammo. I love the iron sights and swing out cylinder. Trigger is excellent in SA, just like the 922. If it doesn't fair better with different ammo, it will become a revolver trainer and steel target plinker. I have other guns to do accuracy work with. I have next to nothing invested in this gun.

View attachment 239579

Ruger Wrangler did better than the H&R 929. 3rd group was best for each ammo, so I should do a longer string of groups next time in case the barrel takes a bit to get seasoned for each ammo. Also, it will need testing with HV ammo to get that POI up higher. Room for improvement. Loves the way this handles and shoots. The trigger is excellent. Slow to load and unload, but that is easily overshadowed by the fun in each trigger squeeze.

View attachment 239582

SW22 Victory got a new Tandemkross trigger and it will take some time to get used to the 2lb pull weight. I do not run my triggers usually any lower than 3 - 3.5lbs. This really gave me a challenge. Found myself pulling A LOT of shots because I was not aimed just yet. This will go head to head against the H&R 922 red dot gun for Top Dog Super Sniper 22 Pistol bragging rights. I have A LOT of money in this gun. It has way more potential than what these groups show. I was tired and fatigued when I got to this gun. I could see it in the dot while aiming and the groups show it.

View attachment 239583

And here are the guns again.

View attachment 239584

Loving the finish on the H&R's.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    yipp, I always pass Brownells....I know a ton of those folks - they're mostly from Montezuma, IA just down the road.

My hometown is 25 miles south of Brownell's and my college town is 35 miles SW

I was back just 2 weeks ago - so we took care of TG & Christmas all in 1 visit.

Tomorrow is my 69th Bday...so there will be some kinda fireworks then.

I'll keep ya posted.

Happy early Birthday Deacon. Hope it's a good one! :rockwoot:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    yipp, I always pass Brownells....I know a ton of those folks - they're mostly from Montezuma, IA just down the road.

My hometown is 25 miles south of Brownell's and my college town is 35 miles SW

I was back just 2 weeks ago - so we took care of TG & Christmas all in 1 visit.

Tomorrow is my 69th Bday...so there will be some kinda fireworks then.

I'll keep ya posted.
    I always see it on the way back to SD but never stopped in.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    As promised. Results from yesterday. More testing will ensue and improvement should coincide with more practice. I liked this "benchrest" testing, but there is definitely a technique that I need to master. I picked up on a few things I need to work on.

The H&R 922 with the red dot proved to be a formidable package. I plan on making larger target grips for it. It is surprisingly accurate for an old cheap gun and has potential. It was my Dad's. Yes the red dot looks super fugly. But it was damn fun. This will go head to head against my SW22 Victory.

View attachment 239578

H&R 929 either has a junk barrel or needs different ammo. I love the iron sights and swing out cylinder. Trigger is excellent in SA, just like the 922. If it doesn't fair better with different ammo, it will become a revolver trainer and steel target plinker. I have other guns to do accuracy work with. I have next to nothing invested in this gun.

View attachment 239579

Ruger Wrangler did better than the H&R 929. 3rd group was best for each ammo, so I should do a longer string of groups next time in case the barrel takes a bit to get seasoned for each ammo. Also, it will need testing with HV ammo to get that POI up higher. Room for improvement. Loves the way this handles and shoots. The trigger is excellent. Slow to load and unload, but that is easily overshadowed by the fun in each trigger squeeze.

View attachment 239582

SW22 Victory got a new Tandemkross trigger and it will take some time to get used to the 2lb pull weight. I do not run my triggers usually any lower than 3 - 3.5lbs. This really gave me a challenge. Found myself pulling A LOT of shots because I was not aimed just yet. This will go head to head against the H&R 922 red dot gun for Top Dog Super Sniper 22 Pistol bragging rights. I have A LOT of money in this gun. It has way more potential than what these groups show. I was tired and fatigued when I got to this gun. I could see it in the dot while aiming and the groups show it.

View attachment 239583

And here are the guns again.

View attachment 239584
    I remember shooting that bottom one, it's a fun gun to shoot!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom